Only Fools and Horses - Favourite Episode

Comments

• FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhvictory wrote: »
    The late Walter Sparrow. I don't think I recall seeing him in anything else on TV myself, any other notable TV roles??

He used to pop up in all kinds of things in background roles (man with piles in Casualty - that sort of thing).

There was an episode of All Creatures Great and Small when he played one of a pair of fueding brothers who had divided up the house their mother had left them.

His most notable role was on film - Duncan, the faithful retainer blinded by the Sherriff in Robin Hood Prince of Theives.

He died of cancer 9 or so years ago.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    watch uk gold if u have it theres an episode on most days :D

UK Gold tends to cut the episode, last night's The Frogs Legacy episode, had quite a few cuts.:mad:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole 1989 series from start to finish was brilliant, but I have to say Yuppy Love is my favourite. It's not just the classic moment of Del falling through the bar; the whole episode is great. (I like the bit with Rodney walking Cassandra back to her car. "Can I walk you back to your car?" "OK" Two steps later "Here we are" )
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    Yeah good episode, my favourite bit is Del accidentally deleting Rodney's program
  • bhvictorybhvictory Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992's Mother Nature's Son had some very good dialogue.

At the waste disposal site:

Del: Why can't we get in?

Trigger: It's closed.

Del: You said it was open 24 hours "a day"!

Trigger: Yeah, but not "at night"! :D
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole 1989 series from start to finish was brilliant, but I have to say Yuppy Love is my favourite. It's not just the classic moment of Del falling through the bar; the whole episode is great. (I like the bit with Rodney walking Cassandra back to her car. "Can I walk you back to your car?" "OK" Two steps later "Here we are" )

Agree about that series being best.

My fav episode is Jolly boys but i did grow up in Margate and my old house is in the Everybodys Talkin montage so a bit biased :)
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK Gold tends to cut the episode, last night's The Frogs Legacy episode, had quite a few cuts.:mad:

Well G.O.L.D dont know how to edit shows properly
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,034
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the names of the episodes but my favourites are the one with the falling chandalier and the one where Rodney is at a posh shooting weekend and Del turns up and gets a sawn off shotgun out the back of the car.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

G.O.L.D. hacks most programmes to pieces these days and makes no effort to at least make a professional job of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have LOADS of faves, too many to choose just one lol. these are all my fave eps-

SERIES 1 EPISODE 4 - THE SECOND TIME AROUND - Del bumps into an old flame and visits 'Auntie Rose'

SERIES 2 EPISODE 1 - THE LONG LEGS OF THE LAW - Rodney dates a police woman
    SERIES 2 EPISODE 5 -THE YELLOW PERIL - The luminous paint
    SERIES 2 EPISODE 7 - A TOUCH OF GLASS - The Famous chandilier episode.

SERIES 3 EPISODE 5 - MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU - Del's old 'friend' Detective Inspector Roy Slater is back in town.
    SERIES 3 EPISODE 7 - WHO'S A PRETTY BOY? -The lads offer to decorate Denzil's flat and in the process they think they have killed Corinne's canary.

SERIES 4 EPISODE 2 - STRAINED RELATIONS - It's Grandads funeral and Uncle Albert is introduced
    SERIES 4 EPISODE 5 - SLEEPING DOGS LIE - Del and Rodney look after Boycie and Marlene's dog.
    SERIES 4 EPISODE 7 - AS ONE DOOR CLOSES - The rare butterfly episode.

SERIES 5 EPISODE 4 - TEA FOR THREE - Del and Rodney fight over Trigger's niece lisa but when Del turns the temperature up on Rodney's sun bed burning his face Rodney spots a great opportunity for revenge.

1988 XMAS SPECIAL - DATES - Del joins a dating agency where he meets Raquel

SERIES 6 EPISODE 1 - YUPPY LOVE - Del falls thru the bar and Rodney meets Cassandra
    SERIES 6 EPISODE 2 - DANGER UXD - The blow up dolls!
    SERIES 6 EPISODE 3 - CHAIN GANG - Del and friends encounter conman Arnie
    SERIES 6 EPISODE 4 - THE UNLUCKY WINNER IS - Rodney has to pretend to be 14 after he wins a painting competition Del entered him into
    SERIES 6 EPISODE 5 - SICKNESS AND WEALTH - Del has to go into hospital
    SERIES 6 EPISODE 6 - LITTLE PROBLEMS - Rodney marries Cassandra

SERIES 7 EPISODE 3 -STAGE FRIGHT - Cwying
    SERIES 7 EPISODE 6 - THREE MEN, A WOMAN AND A BABY - Raquel gives birth.

XMAS SPECIAL 1991 - MIAMI TWICE PART 2 - I am aware that some people don't like this but i actually found it very funny and just a bit of harmless fun.

XMAS TRILOGY 1996, in particular TIME ON OUR HANDS - The perfect way to end it, shame it came back with 3 more below par episodes but hey ho.

so to choose a fave from all those? very hard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG the greatest most funniest scene EVER in OFAH when uncle albert trys to look horrfied cause rodney goes on a date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NoW08CHNRs

just pure comedy gold :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jolly boys outing.

I'm not sure of the name but the one where Rodney first meets Cassandra.

I often watch the reruns on Gold and Dave and I have a question.

Is Trigger supposed to be a kleptomaniac?
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danger UXD
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG the greatest most funniest scene EVER in OFAH when uncle albert trys to look horrfied cause rodney goes on a date

lmao haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    jolly boys outing
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I love the bit when Del has met the dentist's receptionist and his mouth has been numbed ready to take the tooth out.

He manages to get her to agree to a date and then says " I'll just shit over here "
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Time on our hands' -loved the coffee/gravy mix-up, also liked Raquels quip to Marlene in the very last one in 2003, when the latter came very overdressed to a do in the pub-
    'You look like the lady on top of the toilet roll"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many classic episodes & moments to choose, its a crying shame they did not do it justice & finish it all on a real high rather than stretch it out like they did.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my favourite too.

I loved Uncle Albert.

I'm not a huge fan of David Jason but I've always liked Nick Lyndhurst so my favourites are after Uncle Albert joined the cast.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,809
    Forum Member
    How can you choose, there were so many well acted, well written episodes it's so hard.

The final episode the the 1996 Christmas trilogy was fabulous as it wrapped up the show nicely including references that went back right to day one.

However if I break it down to two episodes, one from the Grandad era and one from the Uncle Albert era I'd have to go for A Touch Of Glass and The Sky's The Limit.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Albert: "During the......."

Rodney: "If you say "During the War" ...:mad::mad:"

Albert: "I wasn't going to say "During the War." ....... During the 1939 to 1945 conflict with Germany......."
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I love "Chain Gang", very good episode - but it's one of many very good episodes!
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    Thre Men a Woman & a Baby. In the Flat, Rodney is peed off as he hasn't had his leg over for a whilst.
    Dell=Hhaa, hhaaa, that's what it's all about, you want to think about that poor old git"[Dell points to Albert]"the last time he had his leg over, Nelson Mandela was in Borstal".:D:D
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thre Men a Woman & a Bayby. In the Flat, Rodney is peed off as he hasn't had his leg over for a whilst.
    Dell=Hhaa, hhaaa, that's what it's all about, you want to think about that poor old git"[Dell points to Albert]"the last time he had his leg over, Nelson Mandela was in Borstal".:D:D

del calling rodney "sting":D
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LILLYM73 wrote: »
    Know the one I have to say is the batman and robin episode, make me cry with laughter shame some bugger had stolen our cd player and radio from our car on christmas day too.:cry:

Rodney dressed in his Robin costume: Come on, Del *punches his hand*, let's go! :D Maybe my favourite Only Fools and Horses moment.