The Blacklist starring James Spader (UK Pace) on Sky Living

Comments

• Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first saw the trailer for the show I knew this would be one show to watch out for and I'm glad I checked it out, from just watching the pilot I love this show already and I hope to continue watching it for the rest of the season, I'm most definitely hooked! So looking forward to the next episode! :D
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was an excellent first episode. Hopefully the rest of the season lives up to it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Surprised to see this thread languishing back on page 3.

I thought it was another good episode. It does though seem like it's going to be a villain of the week so I just hope the sub plot (or is it the main plot) of Red and Keen is strong enough to keep it going.

There was one point that I raised my eyebrow at. Why, when in Montreal at the steak out, did the whole team leave the van? Only for Red to be found sitting inside it. Surely there would have been tech guys stationed there throughout even if the FBI dude wanted to run out and go on the chase.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Surprised to see this thread languishing back on page 3.

I thought it was another good episode. It does though seem like it's going to be a villain of the week so I just hope the sub plot (or is it the main plot) of Red and Keen is strong enough to keep it going.

There was one point that I raised my eyebrow at. Why, when in Montreal at the steak out, did the whole team leave the van? Only for Red to be found sitting inside it. Surely there would have been tech guys stationed there throughout even if the FBI dude wanted to run out and go on the chase.

If he's going to keep escaping through the back door of a restaurant/ hospital/ hotel etc etc then it will become tedious.
    Forum Member
    Well he has his chip now so I guess they can track him where ever he goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well he has his chip now so I guess they can track him where ever he goes.

Well he still got away this week out the back door of the restaurant despite FBI agents being placed as staff there and FBI agents stationed outside with facial recognition devices. I guess the tracking device aint workin. :D
    Forum Member
    Ah but he only got the super duper new hitech chip after Montreal. He should be contstantly trackable from now on ;)

Look out for meetings in lead lined rooms in the next episode :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah but he only got the super duper new hitech chip after Montreal. He should be contstantly trackable from now on ;)

Look out for meetings in lead lined rooms in the next episode :D

lol If he escapes again I'm calling Jim Caviezel. :D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Liking this show. In episode 1 the scenes with Lizzy and Raymond reminded me of Hannibal and Clarice in a weird kind of way. It's all a bit silly but fun at the same time and James Spader is fantastic.
    Forum Member
    It's a wonder the line "Quid Pro Quo" wasn't uttered :D
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best new show of the new season for me.
  • enna_genna_g Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chose to watch this series because James Spader was in it. I haven't seem him in anything for years and barely recognised him at first. Anyway I'm glad I watched it. It has had a good start, I think the fact that he may be her father is too obvious. The revelation that her husband was not all he seemed was a complete surprise. Looks like plenty of intrigue. Looking forward to the next episode.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's excellent so far, really glad I gave it a go. Always liked James Spader.:)
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enna_g wrote: »
    I think the fact that he may be her father is too obvious. The revelation that her husband was not all he seemed was a complete surprise.

I agree it's too obvious for him to be the father but likely he knew her father. Maybe they were criminal partners at some time?
    The husband could have been sent by the father to protect / watch her?
    I assuming there will be a pattern to the criminal of the week and there will be some reasoning behind Red turning on them. I also assume it has something to do with Lizzy's father, maybe he is a big bad boss of some organisation and Red wants to take them out for some reason.

really enjoying this. Was interesting watching the pilot a few weeks ago, I watched that week's Seinfeld the same day and it had a youner, thinner, blonder James Spader in.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's going to keep escaping through the back door of a restaurant/ hospital/ hotel etc etc then it will become tedious.

This. ^^ I really liked the pilot but if it goes down the same way as the Following, which showed such great promise but then just got ridiculous how many times the SWAT team f**&ed up...then I will be really disappointed.

A tad unbelievable that they were adopting just as she was starting out her career as an FBI Agent, he was then ringing her on her first day on the job, asking here where she was as they were late for an appointment. "Sorry..hun....I'll be a bit late....."
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they keep the stories decent this will be added to my must see list, a bit over the top with the Hannibal Lecter cells and such. Doesn't James Spader look old without hair, still keep expecting him to sneeze and try and decipher an Egyptian tablet. :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was blindingly obvious that the humanitarian woman would turn out to be the gang leader wasn't it??

Did Red's Sudanese guy have the same mark on his shoulder as the young woman that was speaking at the charity do??

Once more a criminal was nicknamed The (Occupation)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It was blindingly obvious that the humanitarian woman would turn out to be the gang leader wasn't it??

Did Red's Sudanese guy have the same mark on his shoulder as the young woman that was speaking at the charity do??

Once more a criminal was nicknamed The (Occupation)

Isabella Rossellini still looks amazing.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That was her????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    That was her????

Yes .
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's still got that underlying Beauty.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some posters are just going to love the next episode. :p

tease
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    As long as they keep the stories decent this will be added to my must see list, a bit over the top with the Hannibal Lecter cells and such. Doesn't James Spader look old without hair, still keep expecting him to sneeze and try and decipher an Egyptian tablet. :D
    The 70s style glasses don't help either :D

When I first saw him in the pilot I was thinking did he get his clothes from a bloody charity shop
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep expecting Denny Crane to appear as his lawyer
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I keep expecting Denny Crane to appear as his lawyer

I too keep expecting him to appear :D

Denny Crane and Alan Shore - the best TV partnership ever!

As for this show - it's the only thing at the moment for me that is watch live unmissable!