The Good Wife Season 5 (US Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bits with Will and the blond felt surreal, especially with the sun rising clip.

ahah agreed... how corny was that 70s sunset?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feeVerte wrote: »
    ahah agreed... how corny was that 70s sunset?

I think the shagging was related to the comment about his extra energy. He's buzzing from the challenge and is just challenging it into work, sex, running. Dunno about the baby comments, that was odd.

Did anyone else notice he came away from the blonde in the car to the meeting and Alisha looked him up and down? I thought she sensed he'd been shagging.

I kinda want Will and Diane to come out on top...
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see it more from Alicia and Cary's point of view. Cary made a good point when he was badly treated and fired before after working his arse off and Alicia's remark about the associates doing all the man hours only for Diane and the partners to come in and steal the limelight. I guess working at a legal practice, you have accept this but over the years, I've often thought Diane, Will and the odious David Lee have really treat their staff badly so it kind of serves them right they've set up in competition. Add to the fact that, as Alicia pointed out, it's exactly how Will and Diane started out too so they can't really complain. You reap what you sow as they say! I did feel a little sorry for Diane (after being rebuffed on the Judge job) but at the same time, couldn't understand her backing Will so heavily after how he treated her. Let's face it, he did do some dodgy stuff in his past so it's hardly her fault
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nw0307 its a very good point
    must be said though that apply to Cary more than ALicia, she always had one up over Cary, they chose her over him, she was quick to accept the promotions, she has used Peter to her advantage for her career as much as her partners have used her... How can Cary trust her so much?! He totally sucks up to her. She only needed hearing from a client they were not sure about Cary (cannot remember who it was) for her to ponder right away...
    I dont like Alicia much, she is a total control freak much more than Diana...
    Beside Diana or Will did explain that no it was not the way that Diane and him started the firm...
    Oh well I suppose its all good stuff and it only normal to take sides ;-)

(especially with homeland having gone downhill for a while)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think thats why I want Will and Diane to win - I don't like Alicia and your right Carey shouldn't trust her. She didn't give a toss about accepting the partnership when they let down the 4th years.

But then was it because of Will and her feelings for him that she made the decision to jump in the first place? because if she would have took the named partner, then she could have been with Will but I guess she's with Peter so she wanted to avoid the complications. Personally a named partner of an established firm over a new start up with a less experienced staff... seems like an odd move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read Alicia move the same pac_girl

She took her decision because she was obsessing far too much over Will but at the same time - for whatever reason - wanted to stick to Peter - I think its left intentionally ambiguous for the viewers whether she broke away in order to have an opportunity to start afresh with Will on neutral ground, but Alicia thoughts and intentions have always been kept very hidden

But really she must have known that Will would have taken it very very badly after supporting her all the way
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this show so much, even more so now that the divine Nathan Lane is back and in Alicia's corner!

Just wish I could remember where I've seen Will's new client Jeffrey before....
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Just wish I could remember where I've seen Will's new client Jeffrey before....

Weeds? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1446060/
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Bless you, that was really bugging me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so good at the moment, probably the best series since season 1. I agree that Cary has more of a bug to bare with LG and Alicia has been a bit flaky. Really glad Nathan Lane is back too. Loved his character last series. It was a bit of a shock that associate screwed them over and went back to LG but I really can't see how Alicia can lose this. Who knows, what with the Macs being bugged, maybe they can get hold of footage of the 4th year saying it was all the other partner's doing and then they can sue for bribing a witness by offering him a partnership back at the firm. And I agree feeVerte, Homeland is so bad this season I've stopped watching it. There's only this that I'm watching now.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    It's so good at the moment, probably the best series since season 1. I agree that Cary has more of a bug to bare with LG and Alicia has been a bit flaky. Really glad Nathan Lane is back too. Loved his character last series. It was a bit of a shock that associate screwed them over and went back to LG but I really can't see how Alicia can lose this. Who knows, what with the Macs being bugged, maybe they can get hold of footage of the 4th year saying it was all the other partner's doing and then they can sue for bribing a witness by offering him a partnership back at the firm. And I agree feeVerte, Homeland is so bad this season I've stopped watching it. There's only this that I'm watching now.

I thought they found out it was a pupil at the school Grace goes to who bugged the Macs?

He set up a site for people to see Grace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they found out it was a pupil at the school Grace goes to who bugged the Macs?

He set up a site for people to see Grace.

yeah I know but Zac could possibly get the footage or audio from that guy. And also, there seemed to be the possibility that the webcams are still being hacked at the end of the episode
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    yeah I know but Zac could possibly get the footage or audio from that guy. And also, there seemed to be the possibility that the webcams are still being hacked at the end of the episode

Yes I did wonder if it was a double bluff on us the viewers. There could have been 2 hackers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Just watched 'Hitting the fan', 'The next day' and 'The next week' for the first time all in a row.
    I know the ratings for the show aren't the best in the US, but if this show is cancelled anytime soon I will be inconsolable.

The latest three episodes have been amazing, and the fast-paced moving of it all has been excellent.

Few theories/queries though;

- The ethics lady and her pregnancy. What are the writers doing here? I know she was brought in as 'another' cog in their marriage according to tvline etc and all of her current story lines have all been focused on Peter's supposed attraction to her but what are they trying to get us to presume?
    I am happy she's with Peter. I have never liked Will and out of the two, Peter is the lesser evil in my opinion but I am a bit bored of the need to have a third wheel interjecting in each season. Stick to the new firm start-up, please!

- The cameras being on. Definitely something that will be creeping up again I expect. Perhaps int he form of the NSA featured in the second episode of the season after they were granted permission to expand their scope into Alicia's and Peter's lives.

Usually just a passive member on here, love to read the theories and opinions but my love for this show is growing rapidly!

Ps More screen time for Geneva, please! I can't be the only person who feels she is ridiculously underused!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jelly7 wrote: »
    Ps More screen time for Geneva, please! I can't be the only person who feels she is ridiculously underused!

I love Geneva and the actress is brilliant! I wish they'd give her a proper storyline!
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched 'Hitting the fan', 'The next day' and 'The next week' for the first time all in a row.
    I know the ratings for the show aren't the best in the US, but if this show is cancelled anytime soon I will be inconsolable.

The latest three episodes have been amazing, and the fast-paced moving of it all has been excellent.

Few theories/queries though;

- The ethics lady and her pregnancy. What are the writers doing here? I know she was brought in as 'another' cog in their marriage according to tvline etc and all of her current story lines have all been focused on Peter's supposed attraction to her but what are they trying to get us to presume?
    I am happy she's with Peter. I have never liked Will and out of the two, Peter is the lesser evil in my opinion but I am a bit bored of the need to have a third wheel interjecting in each season. Stick to the new firm start-up, please!

- The cameras being on. Definitely something that will be creeping up again I expect. Perhaps int he form of the NSA featured in the second episode of the season after they were granted permission to expand their scope into Alicia's and Peter's lives.

Usually just a passive member on here, love to read the theories and opinions but my love for this show is growing rapidly!

Ah! I had forgotten about that! You may well be right!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Hitting the Fan" is quite possibly the best hour of TV I have seen this year (although I'm still as a season behind with Breaking Bad, so that may change). It was just exceptional.

I like the NSA theory. I hadn't thought of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    "Hitting the Fan" is quite possibly the best hour of TV I have seen this year (although I'm still as a season behind with Breaking Bad, so that may change). It was just exceptional.

I like the NSA theory. I hadn't thought of that.

Having watched the whole Breaking Bad series too, I can say that although BB is amazing, Alicia and the gang are a very very close second. No joke, The Good Wife is the one TV show I look forward to each week.

Just watched the latest episode. Was great seeing Natalie Flores back. I hope Florrick/Agos can secure the lobbyist through her and finally get a high-income client!

There's just one character I would gladly write out; David Lee. He was tolerable in the early seasons, but now, I just want to punch him every time he talks. Why must he ALWAYS have the last word when confronting someone? His character is just extremely unlikeable and the sad thing is I don't think he'll be going anywhere anytime soon given that his character was upgraded to main cast at the start of this season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    The Good Wife is the one TV show I look forward to each week.
    Yep, I know what you mean exactly.

Florrick/Agos. Is going to be the Hip new kids on the Block, In contrast to the LG who are looking increasingly like tired diagnoses.

Looking so much to the Seasons last Episode next week "Wack-a-Mole"
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »
    Looking so much to the Seasons last Episode next week "Wack-a-Mole"

Good news - its not the last one 2 more to go!

S05 E09 25th Nov '13
    S05 E10 2nd Dec '13
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Good news - its not the last one 2 more to go!

S05 E09 25th Nov '13
    S05 E10 2nd Dec '13

It's going to be a 22 episode season so there are plenty left. It's just that E10 is the mid-season finale and its return date has not yet been confirmed.

Episode 10 of this season will also be their 100th episode which usually means a special event. I just daren't look for any details in case I come across any spoilers.
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Was smitten Eli not sweet ? :D
    Forum Member
    Tiexen & LostFool

Thanks for the heads up Guy's. :)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was smitten Eli not sweet ? :D

Eli and his goofy smile when near or around Natalie makes me chuckle. There is always a nice chemistry between those two. At least I think there is one. :p
    Forum Member
    "Wack-a-Mole"

Dense, beautifully crafted, with the WTF moment at the end.

Perfection.