Options

Transferring texts from old to new phone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just got a new phone (Nokis) from Orange as a free upgrade. I have managed to transfer my contacts across from my old phone without a problem but I want to take some personal texts from my girlfriend, family, friends etc across to my new phone (also a Nokia) too but I can't seem to work out how to do it. They seem to be attached the handset rather than the simcard like my phone numbers are.

Can anyone help me out with this? My old sim will deactivate in about 24 hours...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I'd just text them to myself, thats what I did when I had a nevw phone last.

HTH

Jenny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd just text them to myself, thats what I did when I had a nevw phone last.

HTH

Jenny.

One by one? I have kept my number so will that work if I am texting to myself from myself?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is a way of transferring texts onto another handset. You could put another sim in the phone and text the ones you want but then your new phone will say they are from the sim number not your friends and family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is a way of transferring texts onto another handset. You could put another sim in the phone and text the ones you want but then your new phone will say they are from the sim number not your friends and family.

I thought as much, but thanks for all your help anyway. it's much appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With sonyericson phones you have an option of "saving a messsage", this then saves the message to the sim. I dont know if Nokias have a simler option
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    If all else fails there are web sites that store your texts for you, not quite the same, but it might be an option. I've never used one. But found this one in google

http://www.treasuremytext.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/TreasureMyText.woa
  • Options
    Adam NortonAdam Norton Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    You can restore your texts, depending on the handset of the old phone and the handset of the new phone. As I just recently transfered my texts from my N70 to my N80 just using Nokia PC Suite, just do a backup of your old phone and plug in your new phone and restore to the new phone.

The only problem I had is the texts don't appear to have a name, so they are just the messages. It does not say who they are from.

Hope this helps.