pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    If you wanted to know what I did with my deluxe sponge

http://i.imgur.com/liUmmsGl.jpg
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode about superlatives wasn't the best.
    It felt like it was stretching out material which wasn't that good in the first place, and I think the subject had much more potential that was missed.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I didnt think it was the best episode - it stretched out its material too much like the Greatest Hits thing.
    The part where the string quartet started playing
    She's so Lovely
    was hilarious though :D Surprising that 'I Wish I was James Bond' only got to No.40
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I didnt think it was the best episode - it stretched out its material too much like the Greatest Hits thing.
    The part where the string quartet started playing
    She's so Lovely
    was hilarious though :D Surprising that 'I Wish I was James Bond' only got to No.40

I wasn't sure whether they were gonna put SSL in, glad they did!
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does annoy me though when bands release a greatest hits and they have even the poor/mediocre singles on it, while leaving off album tracks that are often superior to the singles.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even sub-standard Gorman is still better than anything else currently on.

Love the Found Poems - My fave bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At his show now, the amount of people who turn up in checkered shirts is unreal
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the bit about Greatest Hits but overall it wasn't as good as the shows at the start of the series.

Same as last week. It would be a shame if he's running out of ideas and the show is on the slide.

I know it must take a lot of time & effort to compile and I hope he can keep up the good standards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I wasn't sure whether they were gonna put SSL in, glad they did!

I know SSL, Elvis Ain't Dead, Wish I was James Bond more easily than I can recall the No 1 single though - odd :confused:
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went away last week and managed to read Dave Gorman's latest book back to front, and unfortunately come back to find the last 2 episodes to contain content that was in the book be it with a little less detail, so slightly disappointing.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still lower quality material than previous episodes but still worth watching.

I have to say the only SFG song I know is that "She's so luvverly" one and it's shit. Why didn't they just call the album "The Singles" rather than "Greatest Hits"? It's not like they had a decade of top 5 hits or anything.

The band intro for the found poem was funny though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought this week's episode was better than last weeks. I enjoyed the Lego Movie, but felt Dave was spoiling it for anyone who hadnt seen it ;)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I'm almost sure he looks here for his found poem.

Last night I could have sworn I had seen at least one of those replies about the new £1 coin
  • Options
    EMLEML Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I do love Modern Life is Good(ish), but have to agree the series tailed off a bit for me. Maybe it got a bit same-y?

I enjoyed the beginning of the series enough to book tickets for me and Mr EML to see Dave Gorman tonight in High Wycombe. The reviews were good, I just hope it isn't a re-hash of the series. I'm looking forward to it though (we don't get out much!).
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EML wrote: »
    I do love Modern Life is Good(ish), but have to agree the series tailed off a bit for me. Maybe it got a bit same-y?

I enjoyed the beginning of the series enough to book tickets for me and Mr EML to see Dave Gorman tonight in High Wycombe. The reviews were good, I just hope it isn't a re-hash of the series. I'm looking forward to it though (we don't get out much!).

I fear it may be something of a rehash, several items on this series were even taken from his last tour.

Let us know how it was, I am going to see him on Saturday.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was an improvement over the last two episodes.

I didn't think much of the poem though. It seemed the coin segment was shoehorned in just for the poem.

The rest of the show was going along nicely until then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see him next month, hope I enjoy it :)
  • Options
    rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i went to see his show in Wrexham. it carried the same format but the material was original. it was brilliant by the way
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EML wrote: »

Yeah, i think the last two episodes were a bit weak, especially last night's as I didn't so much as smirk until about ten minutes into the show.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit of a foolish 'joke' he attempted with the lego film (still enjoyed that segment though)

When the guy saw someone had made a huge donation for his lego film, chances are he would just ring a friend to top it up over the required level so he could then expect to receive the money...
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell asleep during the repeat last night but I didn't enjoy the section on coffee/tea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought finding out that paying £3 for a cup of non-boiling water and a tea bag would wake you up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont drink coffee or tea but I did find that bit funny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Series 3 starts tonight at 10pm on Dave.

Watched an old one last night to get me back in the mood and forgot how enjoyable they are to watch.
    A lot of effort must go into researching each show/subject.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Had'nt seen a single advert for it so did'nt realise it was on.