Big Mistake

Hi I had Virgian media tv installed yesterday after the engineer left the box upstairs wasn't getting a proper signal they say I have to wait 2 weeks til it is sorted :eek: thats after I called them 6 times each call lasting around 35 minutes or more think I will call sky and cancel my disconnection.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Lynn1503 wrote: »
    Hi I had Virgian media tv installed yesterday after the engineer left the box upstairs wasn't getting a proper signal they say I have to wait 2 weeks til it is sorted :eek: thats after I called them 6 times each call lasting around 35 minutes or more think I will call sky and cancel my disconnection.

Before you do google virgin media hq at hook and phone thier normal number 01256 something and ask for management complaints department and see if they want to lose you due to the problems youve had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I presume you've checked the connections on the back of your upstairs box, and done a reboot.
    Normally customer service is quite good, just busier at peak times. If you call them back and politly explain that it wasn't working when the engineer left, maybe play for a little sympathy, they can be quite accomodating.
    Stick with them for a bit. You might find you'll be impressed with what they can offer.
  • cbram1970cbram1970 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    the fact is the engineer should have checked that the tv service was working properly and to check signal levels, it seems all the engineer did was install the box NOT GOOD.

When VM fail from a customer service point of view they do it in spectacular fashion, but then again a lot of it is down to the person you speak to. Some people at VM take ownership of the problem and get things resolved so i cannot tarnish all of them with the same brush.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replies I just felt that it was a bad start with Virgin I will ring them again in the morning to hopefully sort it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say wasn't getting a proper signal, what exactly do you mean?
    Pixelation/picture break up? No picture at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    unless perhaps a repull was required, then i can see 2 weeks being the waiting time. who said it would be 2 weeks? cust servs or the installer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also contact Virgin Media via Twitter (@Virginmedia) and via their Support Forum (http://community.virginmedia.com/) :)
    Forum Member
    It was pixelation on a lot of the channels and some channels are not loading at all and it was customer services who said it will be 2 weeks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    well i cant speak for london, but in birmingham we havent got a lead time of 2 weeks thats for sure! that is unacceptable.
    Forum Member
    casm wrote: »
    unless perhaps a repull was required, then i can see 2 weeks being the waiting time. who said it would be 2 weeks? cust servs or the installer?

Been on the phone to them today it is a repull so it is booked for 8th sept