Would you like to see Chelsea, Libby and Zoe return?

Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With a lot of mention by Denise of how Chelsea and Libby do not bother with her anymore, would you like to see these two make a return? Personally I loved the pair of them and thought their departure was bizarre and out of the blue, I think it would be great to see Libby return with a high-powered job and attractive boyfriend after completing her degree at Oxford and then have the contrast of Chelsea returning with nothing, maybe being haunted by a dark secret that happened in Spain or something.

Also, I doubt Michelle Ryan would but I'd love to see Zoe return, it would give Kat something to do away from Alfie... and she might actually be able to meet her little brother finally!

What do you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Chelsea and zoe return but can't stand Libby and her whiny voice. Was glad she left.
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a neither option?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing Libby again, but not Zoe as that would most likely be a move to get us to sympathise with Kat. Don't really care about Chelsea (though she was hot).
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    no, if there are gonna Be returness they should be big characters pre 2006
  • WiganUser1WiganUser1 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    No, wouldn't like any of them back! Can't say they are missed
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Zoe back and only one of the foxes' sisters back too.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Chelsea. Anybody who gives Stacey Slater the slap she so deserved is good in my book.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WiganUser1 wrote: »
    No, wouldn't like any of them back! Can't say they are missed

Agreed. (Chelsea and Libby's exits were suitably poor, too).
  • lewisktfclewisktfc Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if Libby was recast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe - yes!!

Chelsea & Libby, no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funcat650 wrote: »
    Is there a neither option?

Of course there is, the question is "Would you like to see Chelsea, Libby and Zoe return?", clearly a no is an acceptable answer.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really bothered about the Fox sisters, possibly Denise and Kim's sister, whatever her name was, could return though. Think she arrived once, would give Denise some life.

I would love to see Zoe back, she's actually one of my favourite characters, but Michelle Ryan has said pretty much that she doesn't want to return (for now anyway), so would be unlikely :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't think Libby could realistically come back - she was kind of written into a corner and going off to university (something nobody ever does in EE btw! :eek:) was a natural progression and a natural conclusion to the character. Unless of course, she dropped out! ;)

Were Libby and Zoe to return I do think they would have to be recast realistically but I don't see why it was neccesary for Chelsea to even leave, let alone to return!
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tmj83 wrote: »
    I don't think Libby could realistically come back - she was kind of written into a corner and going off to university (something nobody ever does in EE btw! :eek:) was a natural progression and a natural conclusion to the character. Unless of course, she dropped out! ;)

Were Libby and Zoe to return I do think they would have to be recast realistically but I don't see why it was neccesary for Chelsea to even leave, let alone to return!

Libby could probably get away with being recast, but no way with Zoe. I really think Michelle made the role her own, as well as the fact that she was part of one of EE's biggest SL's (you ain't my muvva) so people would know her even if they hadn't watched then.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Libby could probably get away with being recast, but no way with Zoe. I really think Michelle made the role her own, as well as the fact that she was part of one of EE's biggest SL's (you ain't my muvva) so people would know her even if they hadn't watched then.

I agree with this, a recasted Zoe wouldn't be right.
    Forum Member
    I agree with this, a recasted Zoe wouldn't be right.

I don't really see any other way to salvage Kat. She is there because of who Jessie Wallace is as an actress and not because of what Kat brings as a character; She is feeding of past glories. That isn't right either.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,710
    Forum Member
    Yes, especially Libby.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chelsea and Libby returning would be good for the Foxes. IMO the family dynamic hasn't been the same since they left. I always felt Tiana and Diane had a good onscreen chemistry.

While I never liked Zoe, Michelle and Jessie were another duo who had a good mother and daughter chemistry. I also think for sake of the character Kat, she could do with a member of her family returning. However I can't see Michelle returning, considering her comments since leaving the show.

I also think Zoe is a character you can recast simply because of how big "You aint my muvva" was.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they were terrible characters and should remain consigned to history. The cast is already massive and they can't write decent stories for them, they are just pumping out garbage & pandering to the lowest common denominator why bring back 3 more useless characters who will have nothing to do and hang about.

They need to start doing stories for the current cast and getting them right.
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough teens at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can keep Libby thanks very much.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Chelsea she was fit as. But no to Libby, I found her annoying and not much better than Alice is now. Chelsea could come back with her aunt Daphne and add to the Fox family.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea and Libby never had any storylines and weren't exciting at all. They were 2 of the most boring characters ever to appear. Why would anyone want them back?

Zoe wasn't a favourite of mine but I can see why people would want her to return. Chelsea and Libby coming back would serve no purpose other than bore us rigid. I wouldn't even bring them back to ''save'' Denise. Surely they can come up with something for her to do that doesn't involve these 2 crap characters.
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    No they were terrible characters and should remain consigned to history. The cast is already massive and they can't write decent stories for them, they are just pumping out garbage & pandering to the lowest common denominator why bring back 3 more useless characters who will have nothing to do and hang about.

They need to start doing stories for the current cast and getting them right.

I can't help but think you're missing the point here. Zoe would strengthen Kat and Chelsea (but not Libby) would strengthen Denise, who has basically been a redundant character since Lucasgate.
    Top_Trumps wrote: »
    Enough teens at the moment.

None of these three are teens? :confused:
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Bring back Chelsea she was fit as. But no to Libby, I found her annoying and not much better than Alice is now. Chelsea could come back with her aunt Daphne and add to the Fox family.

'Fit' is not a prerequisite. Acting ability is more important is it not? ;) And Libby is nothing like Alice? :confused:
    Surely they can come up with something for Denise to do that doesn't involve these 2 crap characters.

These 2 crap characters being her own family. :rolleyes: They are no worse than the hideous Kim.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tmj83 wrote: »

'Fit' is not a prerequisite. Acting ability is more important is it not? ;) And Libby is nothing like Alice? :confused:

I think it is to an extent. Plus EE are a little short on women in that age group at the moment. Libby is annoying like Alice and is very whiny. I don't like either of them. Libby got endless time away from her 'degree at Oxford' and Alice gets endless days off from her 'job'. They are both just annoying to me.