'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' to shoot this summer

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not yet, but filming has already started, so it should be announced soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent news. Hope Mel Gibson isn't gonna be in it. He wouldn't suit the Sin City universe.
    Forum Member
    Dennis Haysbert will replace Michael Clarke Duncan as 'Manute'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    When I hear the title to this I always think of Lana Del Rey as the dame.

She has said we wanted to try acting... all her videos are very cinematic. Jaime King who was briefly in Sin City was in her video for Summertime Sadness. She fits in the Sin City world imo.

I'd give her a screen test at least.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Brittany Murphy's character appear in it, and who will take it on if it is?
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a449200/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-star-in-sin-city-sequel-a-dame-to-kill-for.html

Gordon-Levitt is attached to the role of Johnny, which was reportedly previously offered to Lone Ranger star Johnny Depp.
    Forum Member
    Today Dimension Films announced another big name that has been added to the SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR cast roster, further ramping up the ensemble – Academy Award® nominee Josh Brolin (GANGSTER SQUAD, MILK). Brolin will star as “Dwight” in the follow up to FRANK MlLLER’S SIN CITY for co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. The part of the “Dame” has yet to be cast.

Dwight is one of the favorite characters from Miller’s books and the 2005 film. In SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR, Dwight is hunted down by the only woman he ever loved, Ava Lord, and then watches his life go straight to hell. Chronologically, this story takes place prior to “The Big Fat Kill” (featured in the film FRANK MILLER’S SIN CITY) and explains how Dwight came to have a dramatically different face.
    Forum Member
    Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Jeremy Piven have joined the cast of the comic book sequel in undisclosed roles, reports The Playlist.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Hmm, with Miho already returning, Dwight being in it, and looking at those new cast members, I'm gonna take a stab and say one of the stories will be "Family Values".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy Josh Brolin is playing Dwight this time. Clive Owen was truly awful in the last film.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I'm happy Josh Brolin is playing Dwight this time. Clive Owen was truly awful in the last film.

He had great hair though :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, can't knock the hair :)
    Forum Member
    While it was originally set to be released on October 4th, 2013, the new release date for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is August 22nd, 2014.

:eek::mad::(:cry:
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Clive Owen was truly awful in the last film.

When is he not?
    Forum Member
    First reviews coming in....not terrible, but not what i was hoping for. Hope the next batch of reviews are more positive. This sounds quite appealing from digitalspy's review though :D (minor spoilers....maybe)
    embroiled in a savage f**k/hate relationship with his psychopathic ex Ava (Eva Green), who manipulates him into a murderous act – primarily by wielding her bare boobies as a weapon of mass seduction in almost every scene she's in. If the 3D was half decent on this movie you'd be in constant fear that her protruding nipples would take your eye out.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I've just come home from watching Sin City 2 and I'm very disappointed.It was an average film and it felt like a pale copy of the first film.It looked the same but it felt rushed and hollow!

This feels like a film made because the fans wanted it and not because the director wanted to do it!

So sad as I loved the first film

3 out of 5
    Forum Member
    Eva Green was stunning though.One of the only good point!
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear. I went to see the original SIn City at the cinema twice, and I was looking forward to this sequel. Saved some money, I suppose......
    Forum Member
    Oh Ancient IDTV its still worth going to see if you loved the first film and you may like it more than I did!
    Forum Member
    Flopped rather spectacularly in America :(
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Oh Ancient IDTV its still worth going to see if you loved the first film and you may like it more than I did!

Hardly ever go to the cinema now, anyway, and I'm not going spend £13 to see a film that isn't even getting good reviews.
    Forum Member
    Well it is getting good reviews as most of the reviews I've seen are 3 out of 5 reviews apart from Total Film that gave it 4 out of 5!

Although I know what you mean as why spend that money on a film that's not great!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Flopped rather spectacularly in America :(

Yes unfortunately, I read earlier that it only made $10m in it's opening weekend, that is a big ouch, especially as that includes a $1.1m on Thursday gross and $6.8m on Friday. Such a shame really as we have waited so long for it to be made.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first one, even though I hadn't the faintest idea what was going on and kept confusing two of the male leads. Was it supposed to be one continuous plot line or a series of shorts?