BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    I had to take my cherryade next door to see if he could get it open. I was going mad trying to get the top off and looking up the price of Bullworkers .. We ended up having to use an adjustable spanner. :D

Nut crackers work every time for me :D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Nut crackers work every time for me :D

Sweet :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Can't believe Lewis got Pole, going to be good tomorrow.

Missed it myself, will look to see if i can find it somewhere.

Edit.
    It's on at 1pm

i Just watched the qualifyig rerun, was surprised that Hamilton got Pole, but not as surprised as Vettel not running in the last session and Webber stopping on the track in session 2 :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the great comebacks ..
    half time... Hibs 0 Falkirk3....
    full time ......Hibs 3 Falkirk 3 ..
    and I managed to make an " in play " seventeen quid out of the carnage ..." get in " :D.....extra time to follow but im " done " with this one now. :o

£17:confused: nice little earner :)
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    £17:confused: nice little earner :)

ok , it was actually £16 - 84 pence but im prepared to call it seventeen quid :p
    Forum Member
    I would soo hate to be a Falkirk fan right now......filed under " blew it big style " .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok , it was actually £16 - 84 pence but im prepared to call it seventeen quid :p

all right - wont argue over 16p :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I had to take my cherryade next door to see if he could get it open. I was going mad trying to get the top off and looking up the price of Bullworkers .. We ended up having to use an adjustable spanner. :D
    Janet29 wrote: »
    does your neighbour know thats what you call him :D

i once couldnt get the cap off something, i wedged a knife under it, not a good idea..i nearly sliced my knuckle off....needless to say i havent done it again

I wedge mine in the door frame, or put a spoon underneath the lid and it works well.
    Fray bentos pies are a different matter. Nothing seems to open them and they destroy can openers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would soo hate to be a Falkirk fan right now......filed under " blew it big style " .

Imagine if you had bet on them to win !! :eek:
    Forum Member
    I wedge mine in the door frame, or put a spoon underneath the lid and it works well.
    Fray bentos pies are a different matter. Nothing seems to open them and they destroy can openers.

Theres a Fray Bentos pie in my kitchen cupboard its been there for ever ( I just had a look at the use by date ...September 2011 :eek:...shame, it was snake and sidney :D )
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i Just watched the qualifyig rerun, was surprised that Hamilton got Pole, but not as surprised as Vettel not running in the last session and Webber stopping on the track in session 2 :eek:

I think the team are trying to nobble Webber :D
    Forum Member
    Theres a Fray Bentos pie in my kitchen cupboard its been there for ever ( I just had a look at the use by date ...September 2011 :eek:...shame, it was snake and sidney :D )

It will be absolutely fine i promise. Cans dont really go "off" unless they are dented. All you need is a sledgehammer to open it. :D
    Forum Member
    It will be absolutely fine i promise. Cans dont really go "off" unless they are dented. All you need is a sledgehammer to open it. :D

You wont believe this but it actually IS Susie dented. :D
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Good Day Fellow Lurkers :)
    even if it is still chilly, grey and damp..:confused:
    Forum Member
    I hope whoever is watching can move quicker than a meerkat.

Weightwatchers meals? I wish I could ban this bloody brand.
    The only thing that makes it low calorie is the tiny portions, and they are fattier and more sugary than many, with not enough protein or other nutrients.
    Who in their right mind would serve up a tea-spoon of chicken in a home cooked meal? Yet some of these ready meals only have that amount and nobody thinks anything of it.

I think you handled the shoving in woman exactly right. I often use the "did you mean to" routine because it gives them a chance to back down gracefully (otherwise i might smack them one )

Salt water might help it. Eye licking is a chihuahua feature but i think its revolting.
    Oh dearr... Actually after a diet of oats twice a day I find them rather filling! I usually add a mixture of mushrooms, yellow peppers and courgettes to the basic meal, yum.
    Blossom, my soul mate and a very important dog in my life is now on antibiotic drops - the v e t was very impressed with the eye which had got a lot worse over night.:(
    Scots rool wrote: »
    You just knew what was gonna happen.
    I had a cat once who used to sit & watch tennis, he would run round the back of the TV looking for the ball every time it went out of shot. :D

They wouldn't be watching them 24/7.......would only take seconds for the others to turn on him. :(

Ignorant cow! Good for you.
    I'm more concerned you're buying weightwatchers food. It's been proven these items have a higher content of sugar than ordinary foods! :eek: HERE

:confused: Why constantly go to the vet for minor ailments, the vets must be rubbing their hands with glee when they see you! Make up a saline solution yourself & bathe her eyes. Make sure you use a different piece of cotton wool for each eye (to avoid cross contamination), you can keep the solution in the fridge & use it as required. 3/4 times a day should be sufficient.
    very true Sr :( I didn't think of that...
    Trust me, I don't rush to the vet for minor ailments. It's just that 5 dogs, 4 of whom are not in the first flush of youth tend to get more significant things wrong with them, and physical disability prevents me from being able to cut claws etc.
    I once tried the salt water treatment on one of my Yorkies, and vowed never to do so again when he developed a massive corneal ulcer.:( which took weeks to clear up. Blossom's eyes are very, er prominent, and I didn't want to mess around just before the weekend.
    Janet29 wrote: »
    got some bits from Lakeland....i love their stuff :D

me too :D
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    Oh dearr... Actually after a diet of oats twice a day I find them rather filling! I usually add a mixture of mushrooms, yellow peppers and courgettes to the basic meal, yum.
    Blossom, my soul mate and a very important dog in my life is now on antibiotic drops - the v e t was very impressed with the eye which had got a lot worse over night.:(

very true Sr :( I didn't think of that...
    Trust me, I don't rush to the vet for minor ailments. It's just that 5 dogs, 4 of whom are not in the first flush of youth tend to get more significant things wrong with them, and physical disability prevents me from being able to cut claws etc.
    I once tried the salt water treatment on one of my Yorkies, and vowed never to do so again when he developed a massive corneal ulcer.:( which took weeks to clear up. Blossom's eyes are very, er prominent, and I didn't want to mess around just before the weekend.

me too :D

Oh poor blossom. What happened? Was it a scratch from a claw?
    How old are they all? I didn't know you used to have yorkies apart from the legendary and sorely missed Arthur. :)

Me three for Lakeland. :cool:
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Lewis did amazing, getting them pole, first pole for a long time.
    The tyres seem to be a problem, you can only get 1 test run, something wrong surely.
    One had a fuel blockage, tough luck, should be a good race tomorrow.
    I have done that many moons ago, we have some gadgets for removing lids off various items.
    Forum Member
    Oh poor blossom. What happened? Was it a scratch from a claw?
    How old are they all? I didn't know you used to have yorkies apart from the legendary and sorely missed Arthur. :)

Me three for Lakeland. :cool:

I'm not sure - the whole thing was swollen up and appeared very red when prised open. She probably transferred something from her paw to her eye. The vet checked her for a corneal ulcer, which she didn't have, thank God!
    The oldest 3 are all much of an age, and will be 7or 8 this year I should think, without looking it up, and Phoebe is 5. I had 3 Yorkies before the chihuahuas and a few other dogs in my youth:)
    It just wasn't possible to find any chihuahuas for sale locally. until the arrival of the internet, but Yorkies have always been available.:cool:
    Forum Member
    Lewis did amazing, getting them pole, first pole for a long time.
    The tyres seem to be a problem, you can only get 1 test run, something wrong surely.
    One had a fuel blockage, tough luck, should be a good race tomorrow.

I have done that many moons ago, we have some gadgets for removing lids off various items.
    What was the problem, Hicky? Didn'tI am hoping to co they have winter tyres?:p
    Mootle wrote: »
    I'm not sure - the whole thing was swollen up and appeared very red when prised open. She probably transferred something from her paw to her eye. The vet checked her for a corneal ulcer, which she didn't have, thank God!
    The oldest 3 are all much of an age, and will be 7or 8 this year I should think, without looking it up, and Phoebe is 5. I had 3 Yorkies before the chihuahuas and a few other dogs in my youth:)
    It just wasn't possible to find any chihuahuas for sale locally. until the arrival of the internet, but Yorkies have always been available.:cool:

I was thinking of Phoebe as a puppy, but the time has flown. I wonder if JoJo's family have their Pomeranian yet?
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good evening folks :)

Sam and our friend Bill are jointly laying the trail for the run tomorrow so Bill's wife, Pam came here and then we all went out for a meal at a fish Taverna.
    We had some amazing salt cod, Kalamari and whitebait.

They were an hour into trail-laying when they found themselves on top of a cliff which was impossible to scramble down so they had to redo the whole trail and Pam and I had plenty of time to catch up.She winters in Florida so I havn't seen her for 4 months.

I am just enjoying a cappucchino and about to watch some T.V.
    Forum Member
    What was the problem, Hicky? Didn'tI am hoping to co they have winter tyres?:-p

I was thinking of Phoebe as a puppy, but the time has flown. I wonder if JoJo's family have their Pomeranian yet?
    They don't have tread, thats the problem the tread comes off on the bends.:-)))))))))))
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good evening folks :-)

Sam and our friend Bill are jointly laying the trail for the run tomorrow so Bill's wife, Pam came here and then we all went out for a meal at a fish Taverna.
    We had some amazing salt cod, Kalamari and whitebait.

They were an hour into trail-laying when they found themselves on top of a cliff which was impossible to scramble down so they had to redo the whole trail and Pam and I had plenty of time to catch up.She winters in Florida so I havn't seen her for 4 months.

I am just enjoying a cappucchino and about to watch some T.V.
    Evening Arte.:-))))))))

You sure have some dream food, yummy.
    Forum Member
    Found this, interesting.
    BB Livefeed petition ‏@channel5bbuk 48m

If the rumours are true, the new director of programmes at channel 5 may be bringing live feed back #bbuk #livefeed
    Forum Member
    They don't have tread, thats the problem the tread comes off on the bends.:-)))))))))))

Evening Arte.:-))))))))

You sure have some dream food, yummy.
    Oh you found my half a sentence that disappeared earlier. :D well done for deciphering that! :eek:
    Found this, interesting.
    BB Livefeed petition ‏@channel5bbuk 48m

If the rumours are true, the new director of programmes at channel 5 may be bringing live feed back #bbuk #livefeed

Do you have a link for this? I hope its true. :)
    Forum Member
    I started watching "get him to the Greek" because Russel Brand is in it but its rubbish and they keep saying N word left right and centre.
    If I wanted to hear that i would listen to the charts.
    Forum Member
    Oh you found my half a sentence that disappeared earlier. :-D well done for deciphering that! :-eek:

Do you have a link for this? I hope its true. :-)
    It was a tweet, will look into it.
    I started watching "get him to the Greek" because Russel Brand is in it but its rubbish and they keep saying N word left right and centre.
    If I wanted to hear that i would listen to the charts.
    I started as well but got bored, turned over to Ross.
This discussion has been closed.