Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt's met his match today, that MP fella is not happy to be interrupted , belittled or contradicted. Matt is an argumentative twonk these days.

He's wrong about Road Tax, if you didn't have a yearly Tax check and put all driving taxes on the price of petrol then you remove the only official check for Car Insurance and you'd have untaxed and unroadworthy cars littering our streets.

No, Wrighty was right (as much as it hurts to say that ;-)), the DVLA have links to insurance and MOT, so number plate recognition is all you need.

I bet Bryant hasn't taxed his own car for many years.

Kirsty is preggers. I'm staggered.:D
  • Options
    shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    wow they managed to lose the link to the studio today and it dropped off air for at least 30 seconds in the last 5 mins of the show!

whoever it was on here who predicted Kirsty was pregnant, well done! :p they pointed out when Arlene was on she pointed to her desk (she was not there then) when doing the Princess Kate new pregnancy / bad nausea story! Arlene gave it away :)

I remember when they used to have Chris Bryant on the show on the panel years ago, he still is annoying! you can't argue against him because he won't let you get your side in!

apparently the numberplate detection can see your tax / insurance and mot in one go! if you renew your tax online it says if your car has current insurance and mot. if it doesn't see those, you can't get the tax!
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Gareth Thomas is on Loose Women to talk about being gay.
    Give it a rest, talking about it on every TV appearance, who cares anyway?

Who cares? The people who complain every time someone in the public eye happens to mention their gay partner? :confused:

He's probably got a book out, like any other repeat guest on daytime tv shows.

Nothing to see here, move on.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? The people who complain every time someone in the public eye happens to mention their gay partner? :confused:

He's probably got a book out, like any other repeat guest on daytime tv shows.

Nothing to see here, move on.

He has got a book out, it's about being gay :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    No, Wrighty was right (as much as it hurts to say that ;-)), the DVLA have links to insurance and MOT, so number plate recognition is all you need.

What if you live in rural area where Number Plate Recognition squad cars are rather thin on the ground, and you only use your car once a week for going to Aldis ?

You could get away with it for years.

Wrighty talking garbage again, in love with the sound of his own voice.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if you live in rural area where Number Plate Recognition squad cars are rather thin on the ground, and you only use your car once a week for going to Aldis ?

You could get away with it for years.

Well by coincidence I do, although I go to the Co-op in the nearest village, that also has a bank, and I can't remember the last time I saw a bobby let alone a PCSO, in my village.

Are you saying that I shouldn't tax my car because it won't need a disc? I'm sure if the number of car owners, reacting to renewals decreases, without SORN forms increasing, then something will be done.

I'm all for having a go at Wrighty, but on this occasion it was Bryant who was talking cobblers, as I said in my previous post when was the last time Bryant got his own road tax, and it probably went on his expenses.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    He has got a book out, it's about being gay :)

I didn't recognise him with his clothes on.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He mentioned yesterday about buying a property in Wales. Will that be number two or three...? I forget.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday`s edition not up on the website - Anything contentious happen yesterday?
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Thursday`s edition not up on the website - Anything contentious happen yesterday?

For whatever reason, the signal was lost for a few minutes somewhere along the transmission chain, resulting in a few minutes of colour bars towards the end of the show.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardup is a main panellist next week

:o >:( :cry:

What have we done to deserve this???
    I won't be watching.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

And no Friday ep yet either. I'm using that to catch up with @TVKev!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Hardeep next week?

ALL week?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >:(

Has Kirsty left then?
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Hardup is a main panellist next week

:o >:( :cry:

What have we done to deserve this???
    I won't be watching.

China Girl, I'm with you on this one. Wrighty knows how despised this person is and that every one wants to punch his face, including his friends (haha, sorry! just made myself laugh.....hardup = friends). I think he has learned his lesson from Dickie and his delicious anecdotes for every occasion, and making him look the crap presenter he really is :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did Matthew say he had been feeling under the weather this week and regretted being able to hang out more with this week's panellists?

When ISNT he feeling under the weather?????
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardeep next week?

ALL week?

Has Kirsty left then?

No, he confirmed that she is pregnant and is suffering similar morning sickness to Kate Middleton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is it about the people on this show - they are always so ill all the time.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe that woman with the bleached blonde perm ad the dodgy make up who always seems to be in the audience is secretly spraying some tropical virus in the studio
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardeep next week?

ALL week?

?

Oh God! Only just noticed he's on.

It was bad enough last week.
  • Options
    1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Matthew say he had been feeling under the weather this week and regretted being able to hang out more with this week's panellists?

When ISNT he feeling under the weather?????

You are so right.

A few years ago when I was off work for a long period he was often off work due to ill-health.

Now I'm back in work and at home infrequently I half expect him to be off with his back problems or some virus.

I hope Channel5 are not paying for his private health insurance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The set is made out of asbsetos. It`s the only credible explanation.

Hardup all week? Wrighty really hates his audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he confirmed that she is pregnant and is suffering similar morning sickness to Kate Middleton.

So what I said weeeeeeeeks ago then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HSK complains about advice to the cut the comedy but I saw his efforts yesterday on a discussion prog and he was embarrassingly crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    And no Friday ep yet either. I'm using that to catch up with @TVKev!

Still not up! What a ****ing shambles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My effing and jeffing worked - Thursday and Friday now up! :D
This discussion has been closed.