Emmerdale: Belle Dingle

HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
Forum Member
Another storyline featuring Belle and a lad she meets at a New Year's Party. It's gotta be her first storyline for about a year.

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What joy
  • The WWE ChampThe WWE Champ Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The special Dingle.

Always promoted half to death as being clever and always has a spot on the Xmas episode because it is her birthday.

Were walking in the air! X200 times in one episode. Tom King was glad to be dead by the end no doubt!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Pregnancy storyline in 2013?
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member

Imagine the uproar that'd cause :D, but she's a fifteen year old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was still down the well?
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been expecting the Belle pregnancy storyline for two years at least :o:D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    I remember when she used to be the resident gobshite brat. Now that honour has passed to gobby Gabby!

Maybe Belle will be the next Debbie Dingle, up the duff before 16, owner of various businesses and a criminal mastermind, all before the age of 18. :D
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when she used to be the resident gobshite brat. Now that honour has passed to gobby Gabby!

Maybe Belle will be the next Debbie Dingle, up the duff before 16, owner of various businesses and a criminal mastermind, all before the age of 18. :D

:D

I think you could be right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    I thought belle would have been pregnant this year
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »

That would make her an ancient prima gravida, as far as the Dingles are concerned.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping Belle would turn out to be the absolute opposite of her family...actually go off and get an eductaion, possibly become a doctor or vet, maybe a teacher. I really hope they don't go down the baby, criminal or just general dingle business route.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought belle would have been pregnant this year

Yep she is becoming an old maid by Dingle standards. Her ma and grannie were mothers around her age.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping Belle would turn out to be the absolute opposite of her family...actually go off and get an eductaion, possibly become a doctor or vet, maybe a teacher. I really hope they don't go down the baby, criminal or just general dingle business route.

At one point Belle went to a posh school - Rosemary King paid the fees. She then died and for a while Debbie lent them the money so she could carry on going to the school.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry, she'll probably get a degree in prison, then be running her own business, doing dodgy deals and the mother of three children by the time she's twenty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Imagine the uproar a pregnancy storyline would cause :D, but she's a fifteen year old.

No, the actress is 15 but Belle was born Xmas Day '98, so she's 14.

If they go down this route I for one won't be happy! The whole point of Belle Dingle as a character is that she is more intelligent and has 'a bit more about her' than the rest of the Dingles. Many years have been spent building the character up in this way and if they turn her into the next Debbie Dingle, they will have ruined all that hard work! :mad:
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make a good storyline to have one Dingle girl in the history of the clan who isn't a slag. I really thought that was the idea for Belle, a good education, university, doctor/solicitor even.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The special Dingle.

Always promoted half to death as being clever and always has a spot on the Xmas episode because it is her birthday.

Were walking in the air! X200 times in one episode. Tom King was glad to be dead by the end no doubt!

LOL!!!! :D

That was cringeworthy. SO stage school!
    Andybear wrote: »
    At one point Belle went to a posh school - Rosemary King paid the fees. She then died and for a while Debbie lent them the money so she could carry on going to the school.

What happened to that? Is she still going there for is she now in state school? I've completely forgotten :confused:
    It would make a good storyline to have one Dingle girl in the history of the clan who isn't a slag. I really thought that was the idea for Belle, a good education, university, doctor/solicitor even.

Agreed. Instead of pseudo 'business woman' Charity who only ever attains anything because of some man's money. Or Chas who only got half the pub because she ripped off Carl. Didn't Debbie rip off people to own what she does now too? It would be nice to see a Dingle woman become successful because of her own hard work and effort - no man or ripping off other people!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »

Same here, especially after the fuss she made over Amy and her pregnancy.

I still think that could happen. She seems very sensible and bright - she's still scared of her parents and getting into trouble. She kicked Sean into touch once she found out he'd made a move on Ruby and didn't let him walk all over her. Debbie at that age was the absolute opposite, a total brat who did what the hell she liked and put it on a plate for Andy.

Although she did have Cain and Charity for parents so...
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep she is becoming an old maid by Dingle standards. Her ma and grannie were mothers around her age.
    Hardly - I think you've forgotten that Lisa is her mother ;)
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly - I think you've forgotten that Lisa is her mother ;)

Lisa had her in her mid forties didn't she. but on her dad's side they tend to have kids young.

cain. had a kid at 15
    charity 13
    Debbie 15
    Zack 20
    chas 16
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa had her in her mid forties didn't she. but on her dad's side they tend to have kids young.

cain. had a kid at 15
    charity 13
    Debbie 15
    Zack 20
    chas 16

Yes Lisa is about 60 i think so would have been in her mid 40s when she had Belle. The Dingles in general do have their kids young but Belle has older than average parents.

Charity was a shocking 28 when she became a granny (had Debbie at 13 who had Sarah at 15). Cain being a 3 years Charity's senior made him a granddad at 31 and as a result Zak a great-granddad at 53.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pregnancys too obvious. I can see her being raped at one of these parties shes going to.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prostitution.
    drugs
    alchoholism
    bullying
    rape
    pregnancy. doubt it. since Amy just did the teen pregnancy thing.
    runs away with a boy.

take your pick.

Cain warns a guy off of her at some point soon so it probably has something to do with that.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lisa has another older child? Thought Belle was her only child?
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    prostitution.
    drugs
    alchoholism
    bullying
    rape
    pregnancy. doubt it. since Amy just did the teen pregnancy thing.
    runs away with a boy.

take your pick.

Cain warns a guy off of her at some point soon so it probably has something to do with that.
    That seems more likely than the others.

There's a storyline focusing on that tomorrow (the actor who plays the boy who she 'runs off with' showed a behind-the-scenes picture of the two kissing).