BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I heard Frances Maud being interviewed earlier, blustering his way through the questions, ,most of which he avoided uncomfortably! He professes not to know how many people have been invited to the funeral, nor whether anyone has been invited from Argentina!

He pointed out that the family will pay for the funeral director's services etc., (not sure what etc means in this case). Also that all former PMs have large funerals, although admitted that the armed forces aren't always involved.

Military personnel involved, he said, are 'on the books' anyway and aren't being taken away from active service to take part in the proceedings.

ETA - I'm never sure whether -es or -is is the male version of the name:confused:

Well he was a mine of information then :D

I think its is for his :D

Edit - I see Honey has confirmed it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Evening Hicky :) We used to sometimes climb over the off license back wall and get a few " empties " from their crates and take them back in through the front door and get the money on them.and spend it on tosh :o......I really miss being 27.

I am surprised you can think that far back :p:D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I am surprised you can think that far back :p:D

What fars back that :confused::p
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the need for this, particularly in the current climate. She has a place in history, I can acknowledge that, but I do begrudge that amount of OUR money

They are very clever, but gross!

I knew that She wasn't 'nice' she was 'lovely' in fact the whole family were to be revered!

People like the woman who made the remark judge everyone on what they have, not who they are, that was the point. As though having money - or at least looking as though you have money - elevates you to a super class:( I've never found this to be the case,
    She certainly shouldn't be having all this pomp & circumstance........not when it comes out of the taxpayers pocket to the tune of 10 million!
    This is Cameron behind this farce, what is he hoping to gain from it all. Not content with the rly 10 million he's fleecing from the public already, he recalls parliament back early for all the MP's to be forced (apparently) to praise her to the hilt, at the cost of three & a half million, which we the public will be forking out for! Why couldn't this wait until Monday after the Easter recess! Absolutely bloody ridiculous! As for the latest stunt he's expecting football games to call for a minutes silence on Saturday. WTF does he think he is! :mad::mad::mad:
    Mootle wrote: »
    Way to GO, Lady T!!!!:D
    you deserve a very good send off.:cool:
    Let her family & her good bank balance pay for it, she must have taken out life insurance. I certainly object to funding her bloody 'send off'! :mad:
    I think you'll find others find the whole debacle obscene.
    Just think what that 13 & a half grand could do for the cash strapped NHS! :mad:
    TheElf wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Just a quick post to say "Hi ya". Still having to post from the xbox, there was a whole new laptop ordeal *facepalm*.

Also, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Acker and Arte.

I've had a nasty fluy/vomity bug so I'm back off to cuddle up with Spidey on my couch now. But, I hope you're all doing really good & enjoying the spring weather.

*waves like an over enthusiastic Power Ranger*.
    *waves back like a demented loon* Hiya Elfy, sorry to hear you haven't been too good. Hope you feel better really soon. *hugs* :)
    He speaks sense.
    I heard Frances Maud being interviewed earlier, blustering his way through the questions, ,most of which he avoided uncomfortably! He professes not to know how many people have been invited to the funeral, nor whether anyone has been invited from Argentina!

He pointed out that the family will pay for the funeral director's services etc., (not sure what etc means in this case). Also that all former PMs have large funerals, although admitted that the armed forces aren't always involved.

Military personnel involved, he said, are 'on the books' anyway and aren't being taken away from active service to take part in the proceedings.

ETA - I'm never sure whether -es or -is is the male version of the name:confused:
    They'll say anything to try to shut people up, they're born liars it comes as naturally as breathing to them all!

It's all a load of BS.......they were saying on the radio this morning security would cost as much as it cost during the Olympics. This is one day for a few bloody hours, how the hell can they justify this defeats me! They'll know down to the last person who will be there!

It's Francis I for 'im & es for 'er.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What fars back that :confused::p

Poor soul :p:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky, have you seen the news about Leasowe common being on fire?
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    :D I read somethign similar last night - put it out to tender and sell to the lowest bidder - regardless of quality!!
    The way things are now , they could get it done for free using "workfare" .
    IS is male. :)

* waving * :)....some fools have invited me for tea ....off to put my best bib and tucker on ....
    Forum Member

* waving * :)....some fools have invited me for tea ....off to put my best bib and tucker on ....

Hey! dont give them ideas.

Have a lovely time. :)
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    My date was pretty awful to say the least.
    Forum Member
    nWo 2013 wrote: »
    My date was pretty awful to say the least.

I'm sorry to hear that, Enwo (feel free to be called whatever you like)
    What went wrong?
    Forum Member
    Her cousin decided to come along and then decided to bring her kids.

She then decided to come in the same movie and then had no money to go Nando's and she refused to join along and take a loan.

She then needed to get back home because the kids Dad were picking them up and she couldn't be late. So she wanted a lift back home.

Even sat in between us at the cinema. Luckily I am a patient person so I laughed it off.

She then asked if she could pop along to my house for a few drinks, I said I am busy so she nagged until my date stayed at hers. Luckily she will be going back home next week.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening All.:-)))))))))
    Hicky, have you seen the news about Leasowe common being on fire?
    I heard about that on the way home, probably children, the weekend they set fire to some ground on the front In Parkgate.

We'll get this all summer now.
    The children just like to see the fire engine come.
    Forum Member

She then decided to come in the same movie and then had no money to go Nando's and she refused to join along and take a loan.

She then needed to get back home because the kids Dad were picking them up and she couldn't be late. So she wanted a lift back home.

Even sat in between us at the cinema. Luckily I am a patient person so I laughed it off.

She then asked if she could pop along to my house for a few drinks, I said I am busy so she nagged until my date stayed at hers. Luckily she will be going back home next week.

Sat between you? :eek: Oh well, there is plenty of time. :)
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Evening All.:-)))))))))

I heard about that on the way home, probably children, the weekend they set fire to some ground on the front In Parkgate.

We'll get this all summer now.
    The children just like to see the fire engine come.
    They had the same thing on Skye last week. In both cases they said the grass was very dry. How can it possibly be that dry?
    Forum Member
    Haha hope so.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    IS is male. :)

Thanks for that!
    Well he was a mine of information then :D

I think its is for his :D

Edit - I see Honey has confirmed it :D

He sounded very embarrassed and evasive - he was probably why he drew the short straw and landed the job of organising the beano:cool:

OOOOh no, they need loads of pomp!

How lovely - out for tea, enjoy:cool:

Good grief, what a nightmare:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Thanks JoJo. I will just text for now until IT leaves! Lol.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    They had the same thing on Skye last week. In both cases they said the grass was very dry. How can it possibly be that dry?
    It hasn't rained for 2 weeks, the snow was the last thing we had, but with no rain and a good breeze it drys very quick.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *quick wave*

Thank you everybody :).

*crawls back to couch again*
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh dear that was far from a good date wasnt it:confused: Oh well better luck next time :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    *quick wave*

Thank you everybody :).

*crawls back to couch again*

"waves" :D
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    oh dear that was far from a good date wasnt it:confused: Oh well better luck next time :)

Yeah I found it funny but I did want a good snog at the cinema I won't lie! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to lie :p
    Forum Member

Well the cousin was closest! :p
  • LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member

Yeah you did :D...and then you wasnt here and then you was. :cool:

woop woop and then i was i remember this thread now :p:o:D:D
This discussion has been closed.