Season 16: General Discussion, Videos, Pics, etc.

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Victor and Lindsay have contemporary this week :eek:

I actually think its a good dance for prom week. Dances like paso I dont know how its going to work :confused:.
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I actually think its a good dance for prom week. Dances like paso I dont know how its going to work :confused:.

I'm hoping Zendaya an Val have a ballroom dance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    I'm hoping Zendaya an Val have a ballroom dance.

Weird how we still dont know which dance they are doing :confused:. They will probably have one, hopefully the waltz :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like it when people put all Disney stars in the same category
    1-Sabrina Bryan :
    sick and tired of people acting like her elimination was the worst thing that ever happened in a dance competition or whatever :rolleyes:. 1st imo she was not really likeable in her season and she always had that desperate vibe on her season; Dwts help boost people careers but she was acting at the time like it was her only lifeline and you could tell how she was so desperate to do well mostly for her career; The public dont like desperation, its a turn off. At the end of the day, the public spoke and she was eliminated; yes it was so shocking but looking back at it ,no matter how great of a dancer you are, if you are not likeable people are not going to vote for you. The fact that she came for the Allstars last year after earnestly campaigning :rolleyes: for people to vote for her to have her last season and still finished at approximately the same week she finished last time, tells a lot.
    I actually like her but I think people need to put things into perspective; she didnt have the public vote and its not necesarily because Disney fans didnt vote for her but mostly because she didnt really connected with the public.

-Chelsea Kane
    Another Disney Starlet. Very sweet and likeable girl but the big problem she was partnered with Mark at the time and people absolutely hated him that season . Mark is my fav. pro on the show but I have to be honest; the public's opinion of him everywhere during season 12 was very unfavorable about him. It was the season when Derek left, and Mark maybe felt like he had something to prove :rolleyes::p : had disputes with judges, being " rude " to the judges trying new things in the ballroom but he forgot that he is not Derek and cant get away with it :p:D.Plus the fact that TPTB brought these new rules to prop them because im sure that they knew that she didnt have the fanbase really turned people off. Who will forget the take away 30 points/instant dance so blatantly obvious .And no feense, yes she was a Disney girl but was not really popular on that network.
    -Roshon : too immature, not a fanbase on his own , likeable but seen as trying too hard and sometimes very akward in some dances. Not to mention that he was partnered with Chelsie : 1- her choreography is not really up to par comparing it to the other pros imo 2- her personality is not suitable for this show, maybe one of the reasons why she wasn't asked to come back again . Sure she is a very good dancer but not every good dancer can make it to a show like Dwts.

-Kyle and Lacey
    they really had everything going for them : likability, journey, charisma, chemistry...but unfortunately their competitors were Derek (very popular pro ) and Jennifer (recent death of Patrick, her many injuries, crying....). Kyle didnt really stand a chance but had it been on any other season he could have won imo.

Zendaya is extemely popular in her own right, has a very big fanbase, it seems like Disney are grooming her to be the next Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, or Miley Cyrus.... she is very likeable, has a good partnership with Val plus Maks fans are voting/campaigning for them. She knows some big names at Hollywood Trey, Kobe Bryant, Mindless behaviors (teenagers here are mad over them here, dont ask me why lol ), Rapper Drake........., plus with over 2 million followers on twitter ; so yeah I think some people underestimate her fanbase she can really make it to the top 2 imo.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like it when people put all Disney stars in the same category

Lol! Who's doing this, edy? :confused:. ('Disney star' means zip-a-di-doo-dah to me! :D)
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edy, you make good points about all three above - adding Roshon to the list of Disney kids who 'overdid it'. I don't think I've seen such a grounded Disney star like Zendaya since Monique Coleman in Season 3, and Zendaya is still more 'settled' than Monique.

She came out of the gate with two EXCELLENT dances, and has a good fanbase (she got a million more encore tweets than second place, supposedly) and I'm starting to think that she'll be in the final- with Jacoby and Kellie (plus Aly will make it far)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    week 2 confessionals - extended version

apologies if already posted
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Lol! Who's doing this, edy? :confused:. ('Disney star' means zip-a-di-doo-dah to me! :D)

Disney is zipadidoodah, this type of "Disney" is Disney Channel not Disney :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Disney is zipadidoodah, this type of "Disney" is Disney Channel not Disney :p

Yes, I realise :) (It was just a lame Disney joke on my part .... as in 'Disney star' means zip/nada/nussing to me)

...getting my coat....:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Yes, I realise :) (It was just a lame Disney joke on my part .... as in 'Disney star' means zip/nada/nussing to me)

I got your Disney joke Soupy:D All the Disney Channel stars mean nothing to me either, diddly squat:D:D:D Never heard of any of 'em 'til DWTS;) But I get what edy is saying about them.
    Forum Member

I enjoyed Lindsay's comtemporary dancing on SYTYCD, she is good at it, but it all depends if she can teach Vic it. Sharna made a good point, that he is very stiff and with contemporary he needs to flow with the dance. Could be somewhat of a challenge for them both.

I take back what I said about Vic's outburst and Lindsay not being able to handle him. In an interview she was giving as good as she got, so not as sweet and innocent as she looks, think that's what he needed a kick up the pants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aww. Victor might be back in my good books after what he said there :)

Would have liked to hear from Gleb. Pretty, pretty Gleb :D.

I think Giggy would make a nice pair of slippers.

Lisa (and Gleb) on why they didn't get the votes
    (Nothing to do with the standard of dancing apparently :p).
    Forum Member
    Aww. Victor might be back in my good books after what he said there :)

Would have liked to hear from Gleb. Pretty, pretty Gleb :D.

I think Giggy would make a nice pair of slippers.

Lisa (and Gleb) on why they didn't get the votes
    (Nothing to do with the standard of dancing apparently :p).

Think Victor realised his outburst didn't do him any favours.

Gleb seems to be a bit slower gathering his thoughts, probably a language thing, sometimes people take over the conversation for him. Suppose when there is limited time in an interview you need to get to the point.

Lol Giggy as a pair of slippers, sometimes when he looks up I think of Gizmo.:D:D:D

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1095/gizmoo.jpg
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member

I got the joke (and found it funny :))

I always rant about people calling Selena Gomez, Zac Efton, Vanessa Hudgens, Sabrina Bryan, Raven etc Disney Stars whether they are serious about it or not xD

Disney stars for me are Simba, Dumbo, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto etc not them people ;)
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it is the TV part of the Disney productions I believe Disney productions owns ABC so they have a stake in recruiting those young stars to be on DWTS.

To me the Disney channel is geared to the tweener set. Not little but not teenagers. Zendaya is extremely popular. I imagine they were just waiting for her to turn 16 so she could do the show with her dance background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Channel

http://disney.go.com/disneychannel/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:rolleyes::rolleyes::p to each its own ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Edy, you make good points about all three above - adding Roshon to the list of Disney kids who 'overdid it'. I don't think I've seen such a grounded Disney star like Zendaya since Monique Coleman in Season 3, and Zendaya is still more 'settled' than Monique.

She came out of the gate with two EXCELLENT dances, and has a good fanbase (she got a million more encore tweets than second place, supposedly) and I'm starting to think that she'll be in the final- with Jacoby and Kellie (plus Aly will make it far)

:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    But it is the TV part of the Disney productions I believe Disney productions owns ABC so they have a stake in recruiting those young stars to be on DWTS.

To me the Disney channel is geared to the tweener set. Not little but not teenagers. Zendaya is extremely popular. I imagine they were just waiting for her to turn 16 so she could do the show with her dance background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Channel

http://disney.go.com/disneychannel/

My point exactly and I did some research ; I really think that many people underestimate her popularity ; she is not like the other Disney stars they had in the past so those comparisons are a bit invalid. Not to forget that she has a lot of people rooting for her. She could win this, if Val steps it up with the showdance :cool: (bc Im sure she will make the final )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got your Disney joke Soupy:D All the Disney Channel stars mean nothing to me either, diddly squat:D:D:D Never heard of any of 'em 'til DWTS;) But I get what edy is saying about them.

:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Victor realised his outburst didn't do him any favours.

Gleb seems to be a bit slower gathering his thoughts, probably a language thing, sometimes people take over the conversation for him. Suppose when there is limited time in an interview you need to get to the point.

Lol Giggy as a pair of slippers, sometimes when he looks up I think of Gizmo.:D:D:D

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1095/gizmoo.jpg

I still think that Lindsay (Victor's pro ) is still a little bit unqualified to be on the show; imo she needs more experience.You can be a good dancer or very good choreographer and not make an impact on this show at all and still being unsuitable for this show !!!
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point exactly and I did some research ; I really think that many people underestimate her popularity ; she is not like the other Disney stars they had in the past so those comparisons are a bit invalid. Not to forget that she has a lot of people rooting for her. She could win this, if Val steps it up with the showdance :cool: (bc Im sure she will make the final )

I for one underestimated her popularity at first - she's my favorite and always has been, but I was worried she was going to get a shock boot at one point. But she's really on the biggest show on Disney Channel right now, and if she keeps it up she's gonna go a long, long way. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    update with DL

Jacoby - Rumba
    Kellie - Jive
    Sean - CCC
    Andy - CCC
    Lisa - VW
    Wyonna - Samba
    Victor - Contemporary
    Ingo - Paso Doble
    Aly - Viennese Waltz
    DL - Salsa
    Zendaya - ?

I really hope Zendaya has a ballroom (though I saw it suggested somewhere she has salsa!).

It seems the producers are doing all they can to avoid ballroom. Do the US viewers really hate it so much? :confused::cry:
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I for one underestimated her popularity at first - she's my favorite and always has been, but I was worried she was going to get a shock boot at one point. But she's really on the biggest show on Disney Channel right now, and if she keeps it up she's gonna go a long, long way. :D

I see her going to the final but could she win ? that remains to be seen.