Options

Dog Throwing Up

missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
Forum Member
I have a three year old border collie, normally full of bounce and vigour.

She has dried food twice a day (after a walk, and it's been the same since she was about 18months old), and she always has plenty of fresh water.

About an hour after her morning feed she threw up the undigested food, and then seemed fine.

I took her for the evening walk, where she was running as usual, but put down a little food on return as she doesn't seem quite right - she didn't go to her food bowl (a first!), and has been sticking to me like glue.

Not having eaten anything, I was alarmed when she threw up about four times - puddles of liquid the same colour as her dried food.

I am just giving her water - which she is drinking, but just wondering if I should give her 24 hours of no food?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was my otherwise healthy 3 year old dog I would give her 24 hours without food then feed small meals of boiled or steamed chicken and rice for a couple of days.

Of course, if it doesn't improve or any further symptoms (lethargy, refusing water, pain) then I'd go the vet:)

Hope pup feels better soon.
  • Options
    chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has the vet said?
  • Options
    missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Thanks StressMonkey!
    My head was going along that path but it's always nice to get a second opinion x