Doctor Who Fans (Part Barbara)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard good stuff about it. :)

Even seeing Mark S now and again will be good.

What was Ken saying about being fickle a few pages ago? Canton is vying for my affections with Rory something drastic. :)

(Don't tell k9fan - or clever chick)

:eek::eek::eek::cry:
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic viewing figure and a whopper of a percentage share for The Impossible Astronaut! Let's hope we can get a massive timeshift (which I expect we will) this week too! :)

well, i'm thinking on the range last year, which was 1.3 - 2 million. If the range is around the same this year, we could see a range of 1.6 -2.3 million. I feel at least 7 million for final ratings of episode 2...:)
    Little niggle I know, but I wish DS would stop referring to Arthur Darvill as a "guest star" in their articles - he's a proper regular now! No more "guest starring" than Matt Smith :p

Do they do that? I hadn't noticed! :o
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    nebo...I love you! *sniggers*

:D

Just realised why you suddenly love nebo - I do as well* - masterly :)

*Not as much as Rory and Canton, of course. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

*Not as much as Rory and Canton, of course. ;):D

Masterly indeed Nebo :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Masterly indeed Nebo :D

Ninja style...:D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Cult no longer exists. It has regenerated into US TV.

Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if that's meant to imply anything about either DW or US TV, or just some new administrative rejigging in general.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if that's meant to imply anything about either DW or US TV, or just some new administrative rejigging in general.

they have moved a lot of forums around. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of useless trivia: The Impossible Astronaut out rated every single episode of series 3....:)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of useless trivia: The Impossible Astronaut out rated every single episode of series 3....:)

And people say DW is in trouble! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK now thats pretty impressive
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow! That has really surprised me! If you had said series 4 I would have been most upset as that remains my overall favourite.............so far!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Wow! That has really surprised me! If you had said series 4 I would have been most upset as that remains my overall favourite.............so far!:)

ha! well series 4 has the best ratings average overall, but thats mainly due to a very strong opening and closing pair of episodes. It did have it's fair share of lower performing episodes as well though.

Interesting thing about series 3 is the opening episode had final ratings of 8.71 and episode 2 of 7.23. Not far removed from what this years will likely look like....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha! well series 4 has the best ratings average overall, but thats mainly due to a very strong opening and closing pair of episodes. It did have it's fair share of lower performing episodes as well though.

Interesting thing about series 3 is the opening episode had final ratings of 8.71 and episode 2 of 7.23. Not far removed from what this years will likely look like....;)

All this talking about series 3 has encouraged me to do a series 3 re-watch. I am just about to watch Smith and Jones again!

Incidentally, Martha's really cheesy "I'm bringing you back to earth" line from The Sontaran Stratagem, has been equalled! Amy's rather out of place line in "A Christmas Carol" when she just says "Christmas" is really cringe-worthy! Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe we should have, just for fun, all the cheesy dialogue moments from 2005 until present! That would be a good spine tingling cringe fest! After all it is a bank holiday...........again!!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i'm thinking on the range last year, which was 1.3 - 2 million. If the range is around the same this year, we could see a range of 1.6 -2.3 million. I feel at least 7 million for final ratings of episode 2...:)

Do they do that? I hadn't noticed! :o

And 7 million in itself is a brilliant figure :D Especially at this time of year, with the weather and the ridiculous timeslot. I think it's something to be proud of. It's a shame that we'll be down about a million and a bit on last week, but it's still a mighty impressive figure! I wonder what will be going on in the brains of the almighty powers at the BBC, because DW is clearly not helping SYTYCD and Don't Scare the Hare is doing even worse than last week! I'd love to see if a later timeslot would help, but tbh, I think we'll be stuck at 6ish for the rest of the run.

In regards to Arthur, it's just today I've noticed it in 2 different articles. One was in the poll for Day of the Moon and the other was the actual ratings roundup - in that one it said "guest-starring Alex Kingston and Arthur Darvill" which did make him sound quite high profile I guess :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what will be going on in the brains of the almighty powers at the BBC, because DW is clearly not helping SYTYCD and Don't Scare the Hare is doing even worse than last week! I'd love to see if a later timeslot would help, but tbh, I think we'll be stuck at 6ish for the rest of the run.

well not much can be done now, the most they can do is dump the Hare programme. In fairness re: SYTYCD, the bbc had every reason to think they could help improve it's ratings this way, but it hsn't worked for them. Trouble is with a live show with booked guests etc changing times is not an option unless a show is REALLY tanking, which it isn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well not much can be done now, the most they can do is dump the Hare programme. In fairness re: SYTYCD, the bbc had every reason to think they could help improve it's ratings this way, but it hsn't worked for them. Trouble is with a live show with booked guests etc changing times is not an option unless a show is REALLY tanking, which it isn't.

I agree. Once the Eurovision is over on May 14th, there's only 3 eps left in this first run, so moving it for 3 weeks won't necessarily be viable. I have a feeling though that this Saturday will see the last Hare show on Saturdays! I just have a hunch that come May 14th we may see something different like a "Walk on the Wildside" repeat!

I do think though, that the final part of the seven episode run will be treated as extremely high profile and when it returns in the Autumn it will go out at round about 6.30pm but BEFORE the series of SCD starts. Especially now that Merlin has been extended to 13 episodes and not ten as previously mentioned, and that Colin Morgan confirmed that Merlin will air this Autumn!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should have, just for fun, all the cheesy dialogue moments from 2005 until present! That would be a good spine tingling cringe fest! After all it is a bank holiday...........again!!:)

"i think you need a doctor" :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "i think you need a doctor" :p

That was "Last of the Time Lords" wasn't it?

Not dialogue, but Martha looking into the camera when flying the Tardis in "Journey's End" was pretty cheesy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was "Last of the Time Lords" wasn't it?

The Parting of the Ways....:D

Nine to Rose when she says "my head is killing me".

Twas "i think what this country needs right now....is a doctor" your thinking of, though that was from Sound of Drums...:)
    Not dialogue, but Martha looking into the camera when flying the Tardis in "Journey's End" was pretty cheesy!

"I'm the Doctor. Look me up"

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Parting of the Ways....:D

Nine to Rose when she says "my head is killing me".

Twas "i think what this country needs right now....is a doctor" your thinking of, though that was from Sound of Drums...:)

"I'm the Doctor. Look me up"

:p

Thanks for putting me right! And I love The Parting of the Ways so I should have known that!

What about in Planet of the Dead when he gives Lady SaSouza the Easter egg and says "Happy Easter!" That was so obviously just put in quickly to let us know it was an Easter Special!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about in Planet of the Dead when he gives Lady SaSouza the Easter egg and says "Happy Easter!" That was so obviously just put in quickly to let us know it was an Easter Special!

if i was sat on a night bus and some random bloke acted like the doctor did in that scene i'd have changed seats! :D

"who da man?"

of course that was being post modern ironic so probably doesn't count...:p
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one is quite cheesy:

Capt. Jack: Could you switch off your cell phone? No, seriously, it interferes with my instruments.
    Rose: You know, no one ever believes that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much the words, but the way they're said.

"you are late for my weddingaaaar".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    This one is quite cheesy:

Capt. Jack: Could you switch off your cell phone? No, seriously, it interferes with my instruments.
    Rose: You know, no one ever believes that.

Now don't antagonize her. I love a happy medium!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solid60 wrote: »
    Not so much the words, but the way they're said.

"you are late for my weddingaaaar".

I really, really hate that one. I don't mind the line but the delivery makes me cringe :o
This discussion has been closed.