Bit of scandal from the red tops !!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Rumbled wrote: »
    It is quite frightening the lengths some people will go to. There are reports in the newspapers today that Maria is being stalked. And one of the male professionals has had some nutter walking up and down outside his parents house, as well as being hounded at his training rink when he's in the area. Quite unacceptable behaviour

it is quite upsetting for these people when they are just trying to do their jobs. it's a shame that the behaviour of these very scary and sick people spoil it for the geniune fans of dancing on ice and ice skating. where will it end ? these scary people are capable of anything :(
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a little naive of Chris and Karen though - they know what the papers are like and to be staying overnight all last week and to be photographed arriving late and leaving in the morning is bound to be taken the one way whether any truth in it or not
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    a little naive of Chris and Karen though - they know what the papers are like and to be staying overnight all last week and to be photographed arriving late and leaving in the morning is bound to be taken the one way whether any truth in it or not
    True. Not the smartest move.

Chris has also used his family in a VT on DOI this year. That sort of thing gives you a bit less right to claim privacy in things like this.

I hope the papers claims are unfounded though. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I would hope that, after today's newspaper reports about Chris, Karen and Maria, people will start taking the subject of stalkers a bit more seriously. It isn't normal or acceptable behaviour to move from one part of the country to another to live near a skating professional and to sit in the arena staring at him and his pupils whilst he's giving lessons. Nor is acceptable to record the comings and goings of a friend visiting another friend in times of trouble, just to make a few extra bob filling up space on tomorrow's chip wrappings.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have to agree with this. they have both been around long enough to know how the red tops work, rightly or wrongly.

Sorry to hear about Chris & his wife splitting up though but spending half the year in different countries can't be good for any marriage.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Gosh - what a bit of goss, eh?

I didn't know he and his wife had split till I saw this here!

I didn't know he had a wife until I saw this on here.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really a surprise about Chris and his wife though, not the first time he's done this and given he's away from home so much must of been very hard on his wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hope that, after today's newspaper reports about Chris, Karen and Maria, people will start taking the subject of stalkers a bit more seriously. It isn't normal or acceptable behaviour to move from one part of the country to another to live near a skating professional and to sit in the arena staring at him and his pupils whilst he's giving lessons. Nor is acceptable to record the comings and goings of a friend visiting another friend in times of trouble, just to make a few extra bob filling up space on tomorrow's chip wrappings.

Have to agree having friends and family on the receiving end of this sort of thing - sometimes the person being stalked doesnt take it seriously enough until too late

Slightly different with Karen and Chris though as it was a newspaper and not a person and someone must have tipped them off that Karen was in facto staying at Chris's place whether truth in it or not
    Forum Member
    Rubbish. I'm sure, if this story is indeed true, that their thoughts would have been just like yours or mine would have been in a similar situation, and that is dealing with a very painful period in someone's life, not looking over their shoulders for snoopers. They are, after all, only human like the rest of us.
    Forum Member
    Have to agree having friends and family on the receiving end of this sort of thing - sometimes the person being stalked doesnt take it seriously enough until too late

maybe the person being stalked is afraid of what might happen if he does take action. imagine having to live your life like that, with the fear of these freaks popping up all over the place, even when he's in another country :eek:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    It's not really a surprise about Chris and his wife though, not the first time he's done this and given he's away from home so much must of been very hard on his wife.

What do you mean its not the first time he's done this? What are you implying?
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean its not the first time he's done this? What are you implying?

No I meant its not the first wife he's left, although we dont know yet who left who this time round, but he did walk on his previous wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe the person being stalked is afraid of what might happen if he does take action. imagine having to live your life like that, with the fear of these freaks popping up all over the place, even when he's in another country :eek:

Yep have known that to happen too :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish. I'm sure, if this story is indeed true, that their thoughts would have been just like yours or mine would have been in a similar situation, and that is dealing with a very painful period in someone's life, not looking over their shoulders for snoopers. They are, after all, only human like the rest of us.

No it isn't rubbish if you live in the public eye and frankly Chris does then you do need to be aware if you want to avoid articles like those that have appeared in the People. I have known someone dealing with grief that has still had to take measures to avoid the press - unfortunately it is one of the downsides of fame
    Forum Member
    Yep have known that to happen too :eek:

You'll be telling us next that these stalkers go to every performance of shows that he's in for months and that they go to every DOI tour venue :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be telling us next that these stalkers go to every performance of shows that he's in for months and that they go to every DOI tour venue :rolleyes:

Yes!! they DO
    Forum Member
    Yes!! they DO

you'll be telling us next they send him scary stuffed toys through the post :eek:
    Forum Member
    No it isn't rubbish if you live in the public eye and frankly Chris does then you do need to be aware if you want to avoid articles like those that have appeared in the People. I have known someone dealing with grief that has still had to take measures to avoid the press - unfortunately it is one of the downsides of fame

I'm sorry - I don't agree with having to behave in an unnatural way just to prevent some sewage depositing newspaper from jumping to the wrong conclusion. At the end of the day, it's Chris & Karen's consciences that matter and, who knows, perhaps their families were well aware of their circumstances? It's a story of no consequence to anyone but the people involved.
    Forum Member
    i have to admit, i thought chris and his wife split up a few years ago. obviously i was wrong
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    i have to admit, i thought chris and his wife split up a few years ago. obviously i was wrong

That was probably his first wife Isabelle Duchesnay.... Jill is his second wife
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say i heard this happened to Phillip Glenister once when he was out with his kids. A news guy in a van was following him and Phillip was like "I'm going to be boring, go to the park, go for pizza, go to the park." etc. but in the end he knocked on the guy's window and said "do you mind not following me?" or something. The reporter was like "how did you know?" to which Phillip replied "Funnily enough, i play a blooming detective"
    I didn't see this happen, im not a stalker just Philip was talking about it on Al Murray's Happy Hour.

It does happen and i think we need some sort of policy or something to stop the media doing this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    No I meant its not the first wife he's left, although we dont know yet who left who this time round, but he did walk on his previous wife.

I thought it was isabelle who left Chris cause she couldn't handle Jayne & Chris being so close with each other.
    Forum Member
    priggy wrote: »
    It does happen and i think we need some sort of policy or something to stop the media doing this.

not just the media, other freaks too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priggy wrote: »
    I thought it was isabelle who left Chris cause she couldn't handle Jayne & Chris being so close with each other.

Its quite well documented in their book that Isabelle was jealous of Jayne!
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pathetic. Do these journalists really have such tragic lives that they can't be friends with a member of the opposite sex without actually having sex with them? Do famous people now have to be lonely and not have friends just in case the gutter press want to get a cheap story out of it?