Not keen on the lead single yet but excited for her return
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE the cover!

and The video is brilliant

Nelly On Stilts...BADASS!!

Really i find it incredibly underwhelming its a bit meh not really epic fail nor is it wow its just well meh :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Really i find it incredibly underwhelming its a bit meh not really epic fail nor is it wow its just well meh :p

which the cover, the video or the stilts??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which the cover, the video or the stilts??

Album cover, stilts epic i mean Nellyzilla come on so cool :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I like the album cover. Much like Rihanna's 'Loud', the title had me assuming that we would get something more powerful and instantly memorable, but sometimes less is more :cool: She does convey some sort of confidence like she's ready to fight (and doesn't even bother to look at the camera, which I LOVE! :p ).

That said, IF she decided to choose another picture for the deluxe instead of the same cover, a photo of her on stilts wouldn't be bad at all! Just saying... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I like the album cover. Much like Rihanna's 'Loud', the title had me assuming that we would get something more powerful and instantly memorable, but sometimes less is more :cool: She does convey some sort of confidence like she's ready to fight (and doesn't even bother to look at the camera, which I LOVE! :p ).

That said, IF she decided to choose another picture for the deluxe instead of the same cover, a photo of her on stilts wouldn't be bad at all! Just saying... :)

Totally, i have deluxe on pre-order and if it shows stilts then FTW :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the deluxe its basically the same but with a border

http://arsls.com/NellyFurtado/BigHoops/Deluxe/Deluxe.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The HQ version of the video will be on her VEVO on Monday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait to see it in HQ glory!

And tbh i feel the Deluxe makes it feel very...i dunno, tribal? with the border around it...i think its a great simplistic image, like ready for battle...I really love it and cannot wait to hear it...if its as great as it looks...YEAH!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait for the HQ vid and as for the cover its still lackluster and overly simplistic music best not match it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait for the HQ vid and as for the cover its still lackluster and overly simplistic music best not match it :p
    If it's indeed the dark 'Loose', then a cover as simple as this would work fine, I think. Dark music, basic cover :)

I hope the album is worth the wait. I can't wait to hear some more songs to understand her concept and the production had better be top notch as well :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    If it's indeed the dark 'Loose', then a cover as simple as this would work fine, I think. Dark music, basic cover :)

I hope the album is worth the wait. I can't wait to hear some more songs to understand her concept and the production had better be top notch as well :cool:

I agree totally that it encapsulates the title but its just a bit naff but it works in the context of the title if not neccesarily what she said the music would be.

And i know but so far music this year has been great and Big Hoops is a great lead and taster truly great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i love the cover for its simplicity....reminds me a bit of a Xena pose....looking on...i am Indestructible....LOVE that!

Cannot wait to hear it!!! I reckon TSI will be chasing Born To Die and MDNA :cool:
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really excited for the album. I just love Nelly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah i love the cover for its simplicity....reminds me a bit of a Xena pose....looking on...i am Indestructible....LOVE that!

Cannot wait to hear it!!! I reckon TSI will be chasing Born To Die and MDNA :cool:

I get the strength vibes and in fairness head shot Lana and Marina both of which i enjoyed but i dont know i suppose its just expectations were not met so im perhaps sunconciously hating it for no other reason than its not what i wanted child that i am :D

And well Lana and Mdna surpassped and aside (Electra Heart best album this side of the noughties) i have really highe expectations of TSI which i think may just be met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh with Nelly i hold no expectation like M an Bush...its always a surprise to be in awe of.

As for greatest album this decade i think for me The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monae still holds that title...and this summer will be all the more poignant for that.

But MDNA is gonna be a tough nut to crack....but i do have a feeling TSI may come close and even possibly match it :-O by the sounds of things....Nelly is truly going balls out on TSI! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh with Nelly i hold no expectation like M an Bush...its always a surprise to be in awe of.

As for greatest album this decade i think for me The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monae still holds that title...and this summer will be all the more poignant for that.

But MDNA is gonna be a tough nut to crack....but i do have a feeling TSI may come close and even possibly match it :-O by the sounds of things....Nelly is truly going balls out on TSI! :cool:

I like that comparison she is so underrated aswell so its nice she continues to surprise and exceed expectations she is almost an underdog when she arrived she was this folky hippy chick in the midst of teen pop and she exceled so like you say you can never judge or expect from her.

And great contender like Electra its a concept of course on a bigger grander scale i prefer Electra as its an easier listen it has depth but it can also be vapid enough like a perry album its an oddity but works and worth a try :)

And yes she isn't just releasing an album for the fans she really wants ti get back out there and contend and is pushing it all out so excited for this era already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nelly is an underdog...in an actual sense...i mean people say P!nk is...but IMO she is possibly of the most popular in Pop :-O.

And hmmm Electra Heart doesnt pull me with the singles thus far...they all kinda have gone stale...i may check some on YT....she is starting to remind me too much of Perry now you mention it...which is fine but...not what i want tbh.

But i will check it....but nowt has come close to the Monae Brigade :cool: Body Talk Trilogy, FleshTone, Ceremonials, Plastic Beach, Pala, Maya, Femme Fatale,Passive Me Aggressive You, MDNA, Born To Die are the fellow Big guns of the 2010 - 2012(thus far) cast!

CMOOON T.S.I do ya do ya thaaang! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nelly is an underdog...in an actual sense...i mean people say P!nk is...but IMO she is possibly of the most popular in Pop :-O.

And hmmm Electra Heart doesnt pull me with the singles thus far...they all kinda have gone stale...i may check some on YT....she is starting to remind me too much of Perry now you mention it...which is fine but...not what i want tbh.

But i will check it....but nowt has come close to the Monae Brigade :cool: Body Talk Trilogy, FleshTone, Ceremonials, Plastic Beach, Pala, Maya, Femme Fatale,Passive Me Aggressive You, MDNA, Born To Die are the fellow Big guns of the 2010 - 2012(thus far) cast!

CMOOON T.S.I do ya do ya thaaang! :cool:

And Nelly is a chameleon in the sense of your Bowies, Madonna's etc P!nk is good but never has to work like Nelly who is a true fighter.

I understand people seem to be misunderstanding its concept which i like its authentic enough to divide oppinion but stand on its own merits unlike Perry its inteligent thought out and well acted and Pala will be coming back soon Summer Time i think their debut can be added there too along with Vampire Weekend

And TSI will deffo be indestructable :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Nelly is a chameleon in the sense of your Bowies, Madonna's etc P!nk is good but never has to work like Nelly who is a true fighter.

I understand people seem to be misunderstanding its concept which i like its authentic enough to divide oppinion but stand on its own merits unlike Perry its inteligent thought out and well acted and Pala will be coming back soon Summer Time i think their debut can be added there too along with Vampire Weekend

And TSI will deffo be indestructable :p

Totally and yes I mean Madonna was against the grain when she made her debut with Synth/Dance Pop influences...when New Wave, Punk, New Romantic was IN. And Madonna and Bowie are the archetypes of chameleon in music...Nelly very much is that.

I will check it heard snippets on Amazon and read about her influences for Electra Heart...reminds me of Madonnas influences on Like A Virgin (a sophomore pattern???) that idea of Hollywood...what is the dream? materialism...nice to see Madonna and Monroe are indeed massive influences for Electra Heart album too. The sounds remind me a bit of current Britney with harsh Electro beats from the snippets....some elements of Family Jewells definitely so yeah i will deffo check it out soon :) Heck with No DOubt confirmed for Sept i can spash out on albums this summer :D

Totally...summer soundtrack albums at the ready alongside MDNA, TSI, (Electra Heart when i geddit) and albums from previous summers out on blast...June is where it starts :cool:

Totally will be! Indestructible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally and yes I mean Madonna was against the grain when she made her debut with Synth/Dance Pop influences...when New Wave, Punk, New Romantic was IN. And Madonna and Bowie are the archetypes of chameleon in music...Nelly very much is that.

I will check it heard snippets on Amazon and read about her influences for Electra Heart...reminds me of Madonnas influences on Like A Virgin (a sophomore pattern???) that idea of Hollywood...what is the dream? materialism...nice to see Madonna and Monroe are indeed massive influences for Electra Heart album too. The sounds remind me a bit of current Britney with harsh Electro beats from the snippets....some elements of Family Jewells definitely so yeah i will deffo check it out soon :) Heck with No DOubt confirmed for Sept i can spash out on albums this summer :D

Totally...summer soundtrack albums at the ready alongside MDNA, TSI, (Electra Heart when i geddit) and albums from previous summers out on blast...June is where it starts :cool:

Totally will be! Indestructible.

Exactly and even now we are inundated by either dance or indie and here she is with and old skool hip-hop song with Drum and Bass girl likes to be different although on Youtube people want to compare her voice and delivery to Rihanna uneducated fools :D

And definitely i thought you would love her for this alone JP she ahs loved madonna since age 12 and is a fan girl Brtney too :p hence the pop imagery and concept of Electra Heart as the female american archetype she dont do things by half mind you she is half Welsh what do you expect :D

And good yes Big Hoops i need a release that is gonna be a summer tune deffo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping Nelly would perform on BGT but I very much doubt that now as the finals are from tonight until Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice may rumble on for a bit more though so fingers crossed and Jonathan Ross is off air so plenty of opportunities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the voice would be good. The single is out June 1st in the UK.