Comments

• DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Bigger the better for me i play my PS3 on my LG Full HD 42in :D
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Bigger the better for me i play my PS3 on my LG Full HD 42in :D

Been using a big screen for my pc monitor for a few years now. Worked my way up to 46" and for the size of the room it's perfect. Looks awesome too, and after turning everything off on the tv processing wise it's perfect for me.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the reasoning for a smaller, faster screen in PC gaming, but as a purely on-the-couch PS3 gamer, where the screen is 12 feet away from me it's got to be big-screen all the way with my 50" plasma.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It depends where you sit. It sit far away and need a bit screen.

This is what a lot of it comes down to and it's one of the most misunderstood things about HDTV's and the importance it has on picture quality.

If you sit far away then you need a bigger TV, closer then you need smaller, but most important of all is making sure all of your viewed content matches the native resolution of your TV set. PC can do this no problem so you can afford to sit as close to the monitor/HDTV as you like really but with current gen consoles you have to sit further back if you want to avoid the upscaling artifacts.

If you sit at the right distance even an upscaled 720p image will look like a native 1080p image, but you sacrifice the amount of screen that's fills your field of vision. You don't have to go to extreme levels, just sitting a foot further away than usual can have drastic improvements on how current gen consoles games look.

Can't wait till next gen! :)
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Where you sit is important i have a 46 inch downstairs and blurays dont look to different to a good dvd upscale because we sit really far away from it right across the room

But my 55inch in my room im sitting much closer and i see all the details sharpness and how good bluray really looks but then on the other hand you see how blocky dvds are lol

I would never dream off going back to smaller though playing games in full screen 720p is just a dream to look at never gotten motion sickness maybe you sitting abit too close lol