Billie Pipers mouth

13»

Comments

• tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Just watched Turn left and the big topic of convo in our house is what was up with Billie's mouth. Has she been botoxed? Sounded like she could hardly speak. surely it wasn't like that before?
    Distracted us from the episode somewhat.

I've just watched this episode too.

Why on earth do slebs continue to do the botox thing when it so often goes so very, very wrong.

Billie is the perfect argument against having Botox done, As you said, it did distract from the show and it did sound as though she had difficulty speaking.

Silly girl Billie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there was a reason for her sounding a bit odd, it didn't ruin the episode or anything as drastic as that, but was quite noticeable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Evidently uses the same orthodontist as Richard Hammond......nice and white....hang on......Hamsters have big teeth...:eek:

...and....Richard Hammond and the Master have never been seen in the same room together......

BAD HAMSTER!!!:D
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Ok folks, can I just say a big thank you to all of you who also realised something strange about Billie Piper's mouth/voice on last Saturday's episode?

I thought I was imagining it. I put it down to either that or RTD had some idea about making her slightly different because she'd crossed time streams and all that. I think something similar happened in another Sci Fi thing I watched years ago where people crossed from alternative dimensions and had minor, random differences.

I watched the Doctor Who Confidential thing on BBC 3 and Billie said she had a bit of a panic moment over whether she could play Rose again... as some have suggested, dunno if the odd 'Bugs Bunny' effect had something to do with getting the accent right...
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaRat wrote: »
    Evidently uses the same orthodontist as Richard Hammond......nice and white....hang on......Hamsters have big teeth...:eek:

...and....Richard Hammond and the Master have never been seen in the same room together......

BAD HAMSTER!!!:D

:eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

BTW, FWIW, I blame Botox re: Billie's mush. Silly girl.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I agree there was something about the SHAPE of her mouth that looked a bit bizarre, but I'm about 90% sure that the change in her intonation was deliberate. At the very least, I was able to INTERPRET it that way.

This version of Rose is supposed to be very deeply changed, it's obvious. It's supposed to be sort of like Rose swallowed a Time Lord (Hey! An unintentional double entendre!). I'm thinking a lot is supposed to have happened to her since we last saw her. Either that, or she's got a lot more of that TARDIS power left in her than she and the Doctor had thought.

Or... it's Botox.

But really, she did a bang up acting job if you can get past it, or come up with/accept an alternate explanation.
  • TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    I agree there was something about the SHAPE of her mouth that looked a bit bizarre, but I'm about 90% sure that the change in her intonation was deliberate. At the very least, I was able to INTERPRET it that way.

This version of Rose is supposed to be very deeply changed, it's obvious. It's supposed to be sort of like Rose swallowed a Time Lord (Hey! An unintentional double entendre!). I'm thinking a lot is supposed to have happened to her since we last saw her. Either that, or she's got a lot more of that TARDIS power left in her than she and the Doctor had thought.

Or... it's Botox.

But really, she did a bang up acting job if you can get past it, or come up with/accept an alternate explanation.

So how do you explain her being back to "normal" this week then? ;)

Well, I suppose it's a sub-conscious reaction to being around The Doctor again... :D
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone I've spoken to noticed the fact that her teeth were so huge she could barely open her mouth and speak, and it was pretty distracting at times.

She's been to see that "celebrity dentist" off 10 years Younger. You know, the one who gives everyone the same set of horses teeth.

They were mesmerising.
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been to see that "celebrity dentist" off 10 years Younger. You know, the one who gives everyone the same set of horses teeth.

They were mesmerising.

Your username is very appropriate for this thread. :D (as is that smiley come to think of it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I noticed the black woman in the red beret who discussed the time-machine (i think she was from UNIT) also spoke with her teeth...

Anyone with a copy of the episode confirm this???
  • mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deisegirl wrote: »
    Your username is very appropriate for this thread. :D (as is that smiley come to think of it)

Just call me Uchenna... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie Pipers mouth...

...can do lovely things!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure whether Billie's had teeth treatment or botox but it looks as if she has some kind of jaw swelling if the photo in next week's "Radio Times" is anything to go by.