EastEnders- Ian's son to be recast! SPOILER (Merged)

dulliredullire Posts: 20,131
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The role of Ian Beale's youngest son, Bobby, is to be recast. Rory Stroud has taken over the role and will appear onscreen from the end of February.

Bobby was born 22nd July 2003. He was played by Kevin Curran until 2007 and then, Alex Francis took over the role appearing for the first time on 7th May 2007. He was last seen onscreen 4th September last year.

Bobby's mother, Laura, died in 2004 when she fell down the stairs. Pat found his birth cert which stated that Ian was the dad, Laura had pretended it was Garry Hobbs. Bobby has always thought of Jane as his real mum as she has been the only maternal influence in his life and of course, his half-brother, Steven, put pay to Jane ever having a child of her own.

Bobby was fond of Mandy but she left last year. He was left in the care of Lucy after his father disappeared.

Hopefully this is the start of Newman rebuilding the Beales. I expect Peter will return before the year is out. I thought Alex Francis was quite good in the role, don't know if he was axed or his parent's wanted him to leave.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PHEW I thought this was about Peter....! Bobby is only young so I guess a recast wouldn't do much harm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So i take it the new Bobby will look about 22 then! ;)
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    gutted about this bobby is a mini Ian!! hes one of my fav child actors
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the start of Newman rebuilding the Beales. I expect Peter will return before the year is out. I thought Alex Francis was quite good in the role, don't know if he was axed or his parent's wanted him to leave.
    He was alright but that's it. I think this is a good call tbh. The new actor might be a little more 'grown up' so it could see better storylines for Bobby and the Beales which i'm not sure Alex could pull off.

I thought the recast was about Peter actually:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    PHEW I thought this was about Peter....! Bobby is only young so I guess a recast wouldn't do much harm.

I actually screamed "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" as I opened the thread. Thought it was Peter as well but now meh I don't care.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was nothing wrong with his acting...
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time, I quite like the current Bobby, I really do.
    But it's not a big deal, wish the little man good luck in life and his career, in acting or whatever else he'd like to do when he grows up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha ha. Yep. They always look much older.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

22 with a full beard and model looks to go with it :cool:. Tyler and Joey will have competition I believe.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. Thought it would be Peter.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd thought it would be Peter aswell, I didn't see anything wrong with the little actor who played Bobby but I guess they want a older boy to play him as he starts too enter his teen years in a few years time.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now if they can only bring Peter back and figure out a way to bring Stephen back as well.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    I didn't think there was much wrong with Alex Francis but I had started to wonder if a recast was on the cards as has he hasn't been on screen for ages.

At least it's not about Peter which was my first thought when I saw the thread!
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. When will people learn to

1) Link to a source, and
    2) make sure it is a reliable source
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this means Ian will be getting more screen time. The actor who played Bobby was quite good for his age I thought. The only thing that stood out was his posh accent. Same for Lucy. These are supposed to be East End kids. But good luck to the new actor in the role of Bobby and also to the departed actor.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    When I read the title I thought you were going to say Peter has been recasted. :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Thomas Law will return to EE anytime soon. He seems to be enjoying being in his band too much.

I've always wondered if Peter was axed for the two Goon brothers as EE works on that formula, as in one in one out, its why Anthony was axed for Joey. I've always suspected Jane was pushed out for Mandy rather than Laurie actually quitting as well. The whole Mandy thing was weird. Nicola only seemed to return because she was mates with BK. . You can never really tell as things get spinned so much by the actors and the show. Laurie's official line was that she quit to be a mother but then she signed up to Waterloo Road, a show that films series back to back and has a smaller cast, meaning a bigger work load. So it never made sense.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Alex Francis- why??!!! He's one of the best child actors :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be about 6foot and have a rebellious attitude and behavioural problems :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    He'll be about 6foot and have a rebellious attitude and behavioural problems :rolleyes:

This!

I love cute Bobby:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus, I can't believe his final scenes have aired, means I wont get to see old Bobby anymore
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the source? For goodness sake will someone post a souce? Everyone is accepting this as fact, without a source it is just mindless speculation that may not even be true
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was Peter for a second.

I wish Alex the best for the future. I liked him as Bobby. Hopefully it won't be too much of a change.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    Where is the source? For goodness sake will someone post a souce? Everyone is accepting this as fact, without a source it is just mindless speculation that may not even be true

Been confirmed by DS.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a455417/eastenders-bobby-beale-role-recast.html :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time too.
    Always known he would be recast