Options

Anybody work in Morrisons

jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A question for someone who works in Morrisons -

Where do they keep their fruit and veg - in a freezer?

I ask because I bought 2 cucumbers last week and when I got one out of the fridge on Sunday it was soggy for about a third of the way up - the other was the same. Did take them back and were replaced but that is not the point.
Today the same story with Courgettes (which I bought yesterday) they were the same - Bananas were so cold yesterday only bought enough for breakfast today. Apples I bought yesterday were woody and old.

I don't pay for the week-end shopping my MIL does and she likes to go to Morrisons and will not change, no matter what I say. When I bought veg on Friday she said I should not buy it as that is not what I am supposed to buy - we had a good shopping arrangement until this Morrisons problem .

So where do they keep it ?

Comments

• Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I work for them. As far as I know the delivery comes in and is put out asap. I believe they only keep it for a very short time in the fridge, prior to putting it out on the shelves.
    I may be wrong though, its not my department. I have been in the freezer though and never seen any fresh fruit or veg.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I had a similar problem when my husband picked up tomatoes from Aldi yesterday, we don't normally go there so I don't know if it's a problem there too, however half our tomatoes must have frozen & defrosted.:mad:. My husband didn't have time to take them back as he was plastering the ceiling so I'll have to use them in soup now not salad.:rolleyes::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone told me that Morrisons use the rejected fruit and veg from the other supermarkets, dont know if its true but my local is still selling jersey royals which went out of season weeks ago and they are uneatable.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerr60 wrote: »
    Someone told me that Morrisons use the rejected fruit and veg from the other supermarkets, dont know if its true but my local is still selling jersey royals which went out of season weeks ago and they are uneatable.

Clearly someone is telling you lies, they order just the same as all other supermarkets. They don't freeze fruit and veg I have though seen them put stuff in the fridges which shouldn't be there like potatoes, when it was pointed out it came down to space for storing, they had room in the fridge but not in the cages area.
  • Options
    moogiechompymoogiechompy Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was in Sainsburys today and they had plenty of jersey royals loose!
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member

Inedible.