Simon Cowell: Human Teflon.

Comments

• PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So Simon supposedly bangs his friends wife behind his back, gets her pregnant, and the does the press rip him to shreds as they would anyone else?

No. Instead we get tedious stories about what kind of gifts he gives his golddigging wen- I mean love his his life. :p

Minions come out of the woodwork to say "Simon will be a GREAT DAD!!" Even Andrew Silverman is said to have "cleared the air" with Simon in a meeting. Because Simon is just that charming. No doubt Andrew said "Well, Simon I can't blame her. You are so awesome I would have F****d you myself."

Instead of talking about how trashy it is for the the Slimeb- er wonderful Father of the year, and his Sl- I mean Blessed Mother of his child, to be flaunting their tawdry- oops I mean wonderful beatiful love.... we get stories about how they are "Finally able to be together". Yeah. Because Andrew and that awful seven year old brat kept them apart.

Instead of trashing Lauren, for grinning in every freaking picture(like the cat that got the cream), and for leaving her other child behind as she flits to Simon's yacht. We have talk of her "glowing".

My lord. It's just really mind blowing.

I feel the same as you do. I mentioned this in another thread, I too think it's weird how this story is being reported - like this child is the next 'royal baby' of the showbiz world or something and how's there so 'much excitement' over this news :rolleyes:

Simon really has gotten away with this publicly.

All of this talk initially of sponsors being worried has gone and now all the reports are focusing on how fantastic a dad he's going to be. Sure, it's his own business and I'm not really interested in what goes on behind closed doors - but I can't help but wonder if the reaction would be different, as others have suggested, if the celeb in this situation was a woman.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I feel the same as you do. I mentioned this in another thread, I too think it's weird how this story is being reported - like this child is the next 'royal baby' of the showbiz world or something and how's there so 'much excitement' over this news :rolleyes:

All of this talk initially of sponsors being worried has gone and now all the reports are focusing on how fantastic a dad he's going to be. Sure, it's his own business and I'm not really interested in what goes on behind closed doors - but I can't help but wonder if the reaction would be different, as others have suggested, if the celeb in this situation was a woman.

Something doesn't really fit with this story. It never has for me. I'm sure the whole thing was set up from the off, and I don't think that it was an unplanned accident as is being reported. The cynic in me makes me think that it was a calculated PR move, funny how it was announced just a few weeks before a new series of the X Factor starts both here and in the USA, isn't it?:rolleyes:
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take away the money and status the whole sorry saga would have made an interesting episode for Jeremy Kyle - that's the level I view him at.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Didn't it begin with her leaking she was with child?

Then the information she's married to a friend of Simon's, but they are separated. In old photo's both seamen and their oars are shown on the love boat together with numerous women for company. The husband names Simon in his divorce papers, but it's the wife/mother who gets the bad press, story after story. Simon keeps his distance by putting to sea with a number of women.

Simon has a rewarding chat with the husband, the stories about the wife/mother stop. Friends of Simon start saying he'll be a great dad, Simon does a red carpet with OAP Sinitta and some other woman, and says he's looking forward to being a dad....and the wife of his close friend and mother of his child he says is 'amazing'. No words of love or passion for the woman he wanted to have his children. :)

She flies to France, he goes to France...quell surprise...and 2 days later a tabloid has a story and photos of the couple..ahhh.

Simon cheats with a close friend's wife, she gets pregnant, he goes off with a bunch of women to err get used to the idea of being a dad. This is a guy who was bonking a fellow judge, a young impressionable female employee. There was talk of him wanting to have a go with another employee who he just happened to take to the USA....and the sickophantic tabloids don't stretch his balls across their front pages, instead they lap up his bollards because they can't afford not to?
    Forum Member
    Something doesn't really fit with this story. It never has for me. I'm sure the whole thing was set up from the off, and I don't think that it was an unplanned accident as is being reported. The cynic in me makes me think that it was a calculated PR move, funny how it was announced just a few weeks before a new series of the X Factor starts both here and in the USA, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Hasn't he got a some sort of business connection with Phillip Green, watch out for a baby range of clothes next spring? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Hasn't he got a some sort of business connection with Phillip Green, watch out for a baby range of clothes next spring? :)

Yes, I think he does,
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So Simon supposedly bangs his friends wife behind his back, gets her pregnant, and the does the press rip him to shreds as they would anyone else?

No. Instead we get tedious stories about what kind of gifts he gives his golddigging wen- I mean love his his life. :p

Minions come out of the woodwork to say "Simon will be a GREAT DAD!!" Even Andrew Silverman is said to have "cleared the air" with Simon in a meeting. Because Simon is just that charming. No doubt Andrew said "Well, Simon I can't blame her. You are so awesome I would have F****d you myself."

Instead of talking about how trashy it is for the the Slimeb- er wonderful Father of the year, and his Sl- I mean Blessed Mother of his child, to be flaunting their tawdry- oops I mean wonderful beatiful love.... we get stories about how they are "Finally able to be together". Yeah. Because Andrew and that awful seven year old brat kept them apart.

Instead of trashing Lauren, for grinning in every freaking picture(like the cat that got the cream), and for leaving her other child behind as she flits to Simon's yacht. We have talk of her "glowing".

My lord. It's just really mind blowing.

I've been banging on about this all week.

So you'll get no complaints rom me about your write up. :)

Just shows the utter hypocrisy of the Paid-Off. Pathetic. British. Press.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though, to be unbiased, a lot more would fly if it weren't for celebrity lawyers gaining injunctions.

Lots of it we don't need to know, but the law of averages says there will be plenty of folks out there actually benefiting/profiteering from injunctions and pay-per-story fiction on faux image-mongering. The sheer crazy journalism that comes out of the Daily Mail and Sun attest to that. :cry:

And dear old Max Clifford hasn't been Mr Fix It for years for no reason imo. :D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, it's all so tawdry and cheap and sad. Even if the press on the whole are going along with the rose-tinted version of events, Simon still looks like the ego-driven, sexually confused control freak that he is.

No amount of power and money and sycophantic reporting can hide that.

No more than his cuban heels and lego hair can hide that fact that he's short.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Really, it's all so tawdry and cheap and sad. Even if the press on the whole are going along with the rose-tinted version of events, Simon still looks like the ego-driven, sexually confused control freak that he is.

I take my hat off to him for getting where he is on his savvy. Theres no doubt about that. Would I want his life, not on your nelly!

His life seems like an endless procession of setup camera holiday shots (there should be a big black square on all pics of his Med Moobs at all times;)), bizarre ex-lovers detailing his 'sexploits' week-in, week-out and and an entire print and internet industry that seems to back him up no matter what he does, whilst throwing 'lesser mortals' under the bus all the time.

And yet he still manages to come across as (as lexi said) a paranoid 'control freak'. Is it only me that gets the impression this guy is so unsettled about himself that he has to keep injecting his supposed privacy/business into our lives on a daily basis with these stories and scenarios?

How many other major businessmen do you know that allow daily/weekly stories about their private lives and ex-lovers to go on FOR YEARS in the public domain without getting thoroughly f***ed off with the press and putting their foot down?

So why, with all his power, does he do nothing about it?

Because he needs us all to know? Why is that?

And you're totally right, his hair is an affront to Lego, a great brand. :D
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I've been banging on about this all week.

So you'll get no complaints rom me about your write up. :)

Just shows the utter hypocrisy of the Paid-Off. Pathetic. British. Press.

You'd think at least one of the tabloids would break ranks, I don't think they've even allowed one of their columnists to write anything that's off message.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I take my hat off to him for getting where he is on his savvy. Theres no doubt about that. Would I want his life, not on your nelly!

His life seems like an endless procession of setup camera holiday shots (there should be a big black square on all pics of his Med Moobs at all times;)), bizarre ex-lovers detailing his 'sexploits' week-in, week-out and and an entire print and internet industry that seems to back him up no matter what he does, whilst throwing 'lesser mortals' under the bus all the time.

And yet he still manages to come across as (as lexi said) a paranoid 'control freak'. Is it only me that gets the impression this guy is so unsettled about himself that he has to keep injecting his supposed privacy/business into our lives on a daily basis with these stories and scenarios?

How many other major businessmen do you know that allow daily/weekly stories about their private lives and ex-lovers to go on FOR YEARS in the public domain without getting thoroughly f***ed off with the press and putting their foot down?

So why, with all his power, does he do nothing about it?

Because he needs us all to know? Why is that?

And you're totally right, his hair is an affront to Lego, a great brand. :D

No, not just you. :) The sad thing is that I think there's a genuinely nice, generous, decent man tucked away deep inside that high-trousered megalomanic exterior.

How sad to have all that power and money and influence and yet be such a seething mass of insecure control freakery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure too he has a decent side. I've heard say he's great with charity giving, loves animals, his mother, yada yada, and yes I can see all that.

What I dislike is any individual, group, or organisation, being so full of self they need to have an obvious dictatorship/monopoly over all else; skewing public opinion down one path via the papers and trying to influence every Christmas chart in favour of the X Factor. Just two examples of why I dislike the man's methods.

There's no room in his world for alternatives or free thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The other week someone posted a link to a very interesting blind item that seemed to be about this whole tawdry saga, now put it this way, if what it said was true then it's no bloody wonder Simon hires Max Clifford to bury unpleasant stories about him. If any of that were to get out he'd probably be finished as a TV star.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people enjoy his persona on TV but they don't really care about the rest...

He entertains me on TV (most of the time) & I strangely don't really care what hapens in his love life (meaning that doesn't interest me at all).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other week someone posted a link to a very interesting blind item that seemed to be about this whole tawdry saga, now put it this way, if what it said was true then it's no bloody wonder Simon hires Max Clifford to bury unpleasant stories about him. If any of that were to get out he'd probably be finished as a TV star.

I would take most of what comes from blind gossip with a huge pinch of eyerolling salt. Enty at Cdan at least admits that he's a bit economical with the truth. ;) BG on the other hand thinks it's the last word in news reporting. They are the most opportunist BI site, always jumping on a broken story and turning it into a scandal-filled BI, pretending they knew all along and have all the inside dish. I thought that particular BI was one the most transparent, pathetically cobbled together bit of posting they've done for a long while.

Personally I think Simon's life isn't even a fraction as 'interesting' as his pr would suggest.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »

Well John Terry got slagged off when he went with Wayne's ex. So I wouldn't necessarily say if it was a woman she'd get worst... However I do feel the media is sexist and racist.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

Shouldn't think Max has been involved as he has enough to deal with himself at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is spot on he always seems so smug.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Shouldn't think Max has been involved as he has enough to deal with himself at the moment.

He is still running his PR company though and Mr Cowell is one of his clients.;);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

Well you've got to think that Max was hired donkey's years ago and despite his current situation, he will have been very effective over the years for burying or glossing over many, many stories from way back when. He also may not be the only one who 'reps' Simon.

Max himself is not shy, to his credit, of admitting he's all but lied to protect clients with planted stories. He just words it in a dignified way. ;)

I also think just because he might not be operating at present it doesnt mean his 'team' aren't. I don't know what contigency measures are in place at 'Clifford Towers' but if your boss gets fired, for example, there's usually someone well-versed in the ropes working there to take over, or be brought in and the team operates as normal. Unless he freelances. I'd still think he has a back-up plan though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is still running his PR company though and Mr Cowell is one of his clients.;);)

Didn't see your post before I replied. Yes, I'd expect this tbh. Unless he's convicted of an alleged offense then he's pretty much free to run his company and technically that business venture has no bearing on the charges brought against him so I would expect his business to be still operating.

Or, as stated above, he could have someone else handle it whilst he takes time out if necessary.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Maybe people enjoy his persona on TV but they don't really care about the rest...

He entertains me on TV (most of the time) & I strangely don't really care what hapens in his love life (meaning that doesn't interest me at all).

Diff strokes for diff folks. I find his TV persona wholly unappealing. He's smug,arrogant, judgmental with very pedestrian & unimaginative tastes in music. Yet half the country seem to think he's fascinating... Each to their own.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I am not too worried about Simon's private life - although his harem of women who never tell tales has always seemed a little forced.

However what's more scarey is how he has turned 5 pretty boys with average singing abilities who got beaten by Tesco Mary most weeks in the X factor vote into a billion pound money making machine and the apparent 'next Beatles'.

Terrible analogy but it shows how easy it could be one day for a dictator to come along one day and so easily turn minds and public opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt Simon has the press in his pocket. I always wondered exactly what it was Piers Morgan had on him that earned him the judges position and effectively launched his TV career. God knows it wasn't popular demand.