Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Drama (CH20 on Freeview)

Boxing Day

8.00am A Bit of a Do : The Charity Horse Racing Event (Repeated at 12.30am)
    9.10am Butterflies : Christmas with the Parkinsons
    9.50am Birds of a Feather : It Happened in Hollywood
    11.00am The Bill
    12.00 The Bill
    1.00pm Call the Midwife
    2.20pm Butterflies : Christmas with the Parkinsons
    3.00pm Sharpe's Challenge (Repeated at 3.05pm)
    5.00pm Porridge : No Way Out
    6.00pm Call the Midwife
    7.00pm One Foot in the Algarve
    9.00pm Jonathan Creek : The Grinning Man
    11.25pm Auf Wiedersehen Pet (Repeated at 2am)
    12.30am A Bit of a Do
    2.00am Auf Wiedersehen Pet
    3.05am Sharpe's Challenge
    5.00am Home Shopping
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I used to love going through them and working out how much stuff was TBA, and then waiting for the Christmas RT to come out and compare to see how close they were. (Hint: not very.)

And there was one that was over 60% TBA, but they said it was "indispensible".

If you subscribe to DigiGuide you should be able to view the early TBA listings from next Wednesday with the revisions usually released the following Monday before the final signed off schedules are confirmed by Wednesday 4th December.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any info on what episodes of The Bill are being repeated on the Drama Channel Claire's-Dad? I'm wondering if they'll just be continuing as normal or if they will have special Christmas episodes! Glad it's on anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Any info on what episodes of The Bill are being repeated on the Drama Channel Claire's-Dad? I'm wondering if they'll just be continuing as normal or if they will have special Christmas episodes! Glad it's on anyway!

Christmas Eve

11.00 Thug on the Tyne (Part 1)
    12.00 Thug on the Tyne (Part 2)

Christmas Day

9.20 Thug on the Tyne (Part 2)
    10.20 Riot City

Boxing Day

11.00 Riot City
    12.00 Crime and Punishment
  • Options
    Andycoll14Andycoll14 Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    There's details of David Jason filming "still open all hours" in Doncaster today the 30minute special
    With pics of him outside the shop on the mail show biz website?
    Looks pretty good!
  • Options
    Andycoll14Andycoll14 Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Several xmas films on c5 this week around the 3pm mark ???
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Just confirmed :

Sunday 8th December Channel 4 at 5.40pm

Film : Home Alone (1990)

Hmm. That implies no Elf Day this year. :(

Something must be done.
  • Options
    steevo65steevo65 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    LinusJ wrote: »

Something must be done.

Looks like Sky are showing Elf on their various movie channels this Christmas.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas Eve

11.00 Thug on the Tyne (Part 1)
    12.00 Thug on the Tyne (Part 2)

Christmas Day

9.20 Thug on the Tyne (Part 2)
    10.20 Riot City

Boxing Day

11.00 Riot City
    12.00 Crime and Punishment

Thanks very much! Just the normal repeats then which is a bit of a shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just confirmed :

Sunday 8th December Channel 4 at 5.40pm

Film : Home Alone (1990)

Channel 4 are starting late this year!

Thanks Claires_dad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Something must be done.

No Elf at Christmas is a travesty:(

Any news on which ‘big’ films will be shown this year?

I’m guessing we’ll see The Hunger Games seeing as the new one has just come out and it’s been on Netflix for ages.

In other terrestrial movie news I see that itv have got the rights for the bond films back and they plan on showing Skyfall sometime in 2014 which is good news.

Hopefully we’ll see the return of a nice Bond film or two at Christmas time:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next Week's RT will include a Christmas TV preview of 12 shows not to be missed

Also bad news for subscribers - according to a letter from the editor enclosed with this weeks issue he says the double issue will start dropping through our letterboxes from December 11 (a day later than when it hits the shops)
  • Options
    aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get that letter in my subscription copy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aberboy wrote: »
    I didn't get that letter in my subscription copy?

its in the Radio Times extra leaflet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC have released programme highlights for Week 51 (14-20 December) today.

So the next release will be the big one for (week 52 & week 1).
    Will we have to wait until Tuesday 26th Novemberor will details be released earlier?

Guess we'll just have to wait!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I hope one of the terrestrial channels shows the James Stewart classic It's A Wonderful Life, this Christmas classic hasn't been on now for years, I think the last time it was shown was on BBC2 in 2000/1, but I am sure they will show the Jim Carrey Christmas Carol which I though was fantastic nothing like a good christmassey film to get you into the spirit of things..:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Scottie 71 wrote: »
    I hope one of the terrestrial channels shows the James Stewart classic It's A Wonderful Life, this Christmas classic hasn't been on now for years, I think the last time it was shown was on BBC2 in 2000/1, but I am sure they will show the Jim Carrey Christmas Carol which I though was fantastic nothing like a good christmassey film to get you into the spirit of things..:)

I wholeheartedly agreed with you, It's A Wonderful Life is THE movie that really gets me into the festive spirit. Hard to believe it was a relative "flop" when originally released in 1947.

Not sure if it will be on terrestial this year. Sky have had the rights to it most recently and have shown it on their Christmas movie channel for the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    argyess wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agreed with you, It's A Wonderful Life is THE movie that really gets me into the festive spirit. Hard to believe it was a relative "flop" when originally released in 1947.

Not sure if it will be on terrestial this year. Sky have had the rights to it most recently and have shown it on their Christmas movie channel for the last couple of years.

Film4 showed it in February this year!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I am happy It's A Wonderful Life is a classic now, I have it on DVD so I shouldn't moan too much, but it always nice when its on telly, the movie does deal with the dark issue of contemplating suicide, so this may have been a reason why if flopped at the time, even though it has a feel good ending??
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Scottie 71 wrote: »
    I am happy It's A Wonderful Life is a classic now, I have it on DVD so I shouldn't moan too much, but it always nice when its on telly, the movie does deal with the dark issue of contemplating suicide, so this may have been a reason why if flopped at the time, even though it has a feel good ending??

there's always something more enticing about watching a film like this when it's on TV, rather than just sticking a DVD in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Film4 showed it in February this year!

Did they really? I wonder if that means Channel 4 may now have the rights to it.

However if it does come on Sky's movie channels in a couple of weeks then that will obviously mean no terrestrial channel will be showing it this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Something must be done.

You may appreciate this http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/nov/19/christmas-elf-sky-movies-channel-4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted there's no Elf on Channel 4 this year. Even though I can get it on DVD, it's not the same as watching it on tv