Options

This Weeks Song Choices CONFIRMED !!

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dawnage01 wrote: »
    What??! "I Will Wait" is PERFECT for Luke's voice & style. I can't wait for Saturday to come - he's going to tear it up! :)

Disagree, but happy to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited for Luke and Sam! Just hope that Luke's isn't a carbon copy of the original.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Finally a decent uptempo Rhianna song for tamera

Probably the biggest and best uptempo song of the last four years

If she does this one justice there is no chance of her being in the bottom two

She won't forget the words of this one:D

We found words in…erm.. awkward… place?
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    I think it's a great choice too. And not just because the chorus only has seven words ;)

Haha, had a listen to some of the originals on the way home and was just thinking the same thing.

I reckon the song choices this week give us the best indication yet of how they would push each of the artists should they win.

Sam Bailey's is an absolutely perfect fit - there's no way she can fail with that. Will also be a big winner for the older demographic, as well as anyone's who's ever been to a wedding/birthday party/bar mitzvah/dance floor.

Tamera's is a bit more interesting. In theory it's one of the biggest pop songs in recent years. However it is very dancey, very current - will it put the older part of the audience off? In my head I have the quick disappearance of anyone who's ever given Swedish House Mafia a shot on the show. It should work, however. It does help that Rihanna's vocal on the original isn't the strongest - it's the production of the song that carries it. Tamera may actually be able to outsing her.

Rough Copy? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Incredibly cheesy, incredibly dated, and a megamix? If they weren't coming off a bottom two appearance, which normally results in a voting boost, I'd say they were guaranteed goners. They're either being thrown under the bus or the producers genuinely don't know what to do with them. She's Got That Vibe on its own perhaps, but Every Little Step? Also, wasn't one of the possible jukebox choices End of the Road? Subtle.

Luke - Mumford and Sons? Meh. I've never got the Mumford & Sons thing myself, but it's not about my tastes. I do wonder what the wider audience will think of it. Is it the sort of song you would hear on Heart or Real Radio? Whereas the One Direction cover was perfect for him - winning the 'real artist' and 'One Direction' fans demographics, this could be a bit trickier.

Nicholas - Greatest Day. Danger zone again. First of all it invites Take That comparisons, and we saw what happened the last time someone tried a Take That song. It's very current and that's not what he's best at - he's the Mother's Day CD contestant. And Rule The World would have been a far better choice if they really wanted to get a great performance out of him.

I initially thought it was inevitable that Luke and Tamera would finish bottom two. Logically that's how it should go but this selection of songs, and the unknown of what's been picked in the jukebox, throws a bit of a spanner in the prediction works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Sooo excited for Rough Copy's choice! This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I hoped they'd be singing when they first made the final 12.

I have a dilemma now - I vote Luke each week but if I throw a vote to RC aswell, am I negating my vote for Luke??
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Tamera and RCs choices, hate Sams. She says she wants to to contemporary songs and yet she chooses anothers stuck in the 80's one. Ok, Whitney is her hero but why not something like Million Dollar Bill?
    Don't know Lukes song so can't comment and Nick might as well just crawl up Garys backside with his choice. Again, if TT are his heroes, there are far better songs he could have chosen
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Love Tamera and RCs choices, hate Sams. She says she wants to to contemporary songs and yet she chooses anothers stuck in the 80's one. Ok, Whitney is her hero but why not something like Million Dollar Bill?
    Don't know Lukes song so can't comment and Nick might as well just crawl up Garys backside with his choice. Again, if TT are his heroes, there are far better songs he could have chosen

You do realise they dont get a choice in their song choice, right? They are GIVEN it!

She does want to be contemporary but when it's heroes week you could hardly expect that.

Hardly any of them have sung contemporary songs this year, and Sam B has sung more contemporary songs than Tamera, RC or Nicholas.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise they dont get a choice in their song choice, right? They are GIVEN it!

She does want to be contemporary but when it's heroes week you could hardly expect that.

Hardly any of them have sung contemporary songs this year, and Sam B has sung more contemporary songs than Tamera, RC or Nicholas.

BIB 1 - why not?

BIB 2 - like what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB 1 - why not?

BIB 2 - like what?

Her musical hero wasn't going to be Aviccii, Pitbull, Ke$ha, Rihanna and so on now, was it? :rolleyes:

Make You Feel My Love, Listen, Clown and Bleeding Love. All of which were the highlight of the week.

Then when someone like Tamera sings something contemporary like Impossible.....it doesn't work, yet she is still this relevant girl. Hmmm....
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB 1 - why not?

BIB 2 - like what?

Thanks for asking those questions. :D

All of Sam B's "contemporary" songs have been turned into a cruise ship performance anyway. :)
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Luke will do the little mix version of I will wait they did on BBC live lounge rather than the original version., its a bit slower with some bigger notes put in there.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Rough Copy and Tamera have the best song choices IMO I don't mind Luke's either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for asking those questions. :D

All of Sam B's "contemporary" songs have been turned into a cruise ship performance anyway. :)

Give me 'cruise ship' over half an instrumental any day! :D
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RC uptempo track may be quite good actually
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think "Tamera" will finally be revealed to be the faker she is if she tries to take on Rihanna. People don't realise how weak this will make Tamera's voice look. No doubt she will attempt some sort of copycat style and she's just not as good as Rihanna. Can't wait to see that car crash,
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Rough Copy and Tamera have the best song choices IMO I don't mind Luke's either.
    I agree :)
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think "Tamera" will finally be revealed to be the faker she is if she tries to take on Rihanna. People don't realise how weak this will make Tamera's voice look. No doubt she will attempt some sort of copycat style and she's just not as good as Rihanna. Can't wait to see that car crash,
    I think she will smash it personally :).
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    I think she will smash it personally :).

Exactly it's one of the biggest and most well known songs of the last couple of years.

This will finally be her moment
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dawnage01 wrote: »
    Luke is about to drop a BOMB on the competition w/ "I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons. He's gunna' slay it!! :D

Oh yeah, rip it to pieces and spit it out. and make a compete mess of it with that liability he calls a voice. ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great choice too. And not just because the chorus only has seven words ;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Oh yeah, rip it to pieces and spit it out. and make a compete mess of it with that liability he calls a voice. ridiculous.

And here's an interesting problem for Luke.

His songs are a bit niche, a bit indie, a bit 'authenticity' this week. People who like those songs don't necessarily watch The X Factor, and the people who do may well compare him unfavourably to the original.

Meanwhile Rough Copy are going a bit cheesy. And that went so well for Kingsland Road...

If they're trying to keep Tamera out of the bottom two then they're going the right way about it. In theory Rough Copy should avoid the bottom two as they were there last week, and that tends to galvanise voters, but the song choices are so dodgy.
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Tamera is singing one of my all time favourite songs, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

As with Sam B apparently not being able to touch Leona Lewis last week, I can promise everyone here that Tamera, likewise, will not come close to Leona or Roberta Flack (still the best one) this week.

This is gonna be a horror show.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    p_c_u_k wrote: »
    And here's an interesting problem for Luke.

His songs are a bit niche, a bit indie, a bit 'authenticity' this week. People who like those songs don't necessarily watch The X Factor, and the people who do may well compare him unfavourably to the original.

Meanwhile Rough Copy are going a bit cheesy. And that went so well for Kingsland Road...

If they're trying to keep Tamera out of the bottom two then they're going the right way about it. In theory Rough Copy should avoid the bottom two as they were there last week, and that tends to galvanise voters, but the song choices are so dodgy.

As I mentioned earlier, I did wonder if Luke will do the arrangement of I will wait Little Mix performed in the live lounge. it would probably fit better although I'm not sure he could match their vocal range.

I don't think Tamera's choice is anywhere near as good as people think, The first time ever I saw your face is ALL about the emotional connection to the lyrics, Tamera simply cannot do that in any performance I have seen from her, its too subtle for her ability.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread :o
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think first time is a bad choice for tamera as matt cardles version is still fresh in people's minds and it pretty much won him the show so she may be unfavourably compared to him. I do not understand why the show keep giving songs to acts which are associated strongly with other acts. They gave tamera listen when beyonce and Alex's version is pretty much impossible to beat and is still talked about 5 years later. They gave rough copy DLG despite the fact that played a big part in little mix winning as it got them a lot of older and casual voters so it is hard for rough copy to live up to it. Just because the song worked well for one act does not mean it will have the same effect for another act.

Hate I believe I Can fly. The only bearable version I have heard recently was the version Carl did on the voice and it was danny who arranged that so I doubt itv will be able to use that version.

The rest of the song choices seem decent although I am not sure tamera can give we found love the euphoric feeling rihanna does. For me personally that plays a big part in me liking that song. I personally think she should have sang only girl in the world. It is hard to pull off big dance tunes live which involve a lot of belting so if she pulled it off it could have pushed her into the final.