2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Dave tick one of the hunk boxes?

I always think he looks a bit like a startled ventriloquist puppet but there's probably a market out there for him. Aliona, Ola or Janette would be my choice for him (he's not very tall, really, and made renowned Lilliputian Heidi Range look reasonably average sized when stood nest to him)

Haha! He's not bad looking so I'd imagine he could be the producers next hunk :D
    I think he could be average size as he looks around the same height as Lisa Snowden who is tallish for a woman.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I assume Greg has said no if Dave is in?

Last year they definitely had replacements, it seems they get a list of professions that they want that series and then go with that.

David Harewood said no, assuming he was replaced by Patrick
    Michelle Keegan said no, replaced by Gumede?
    Paul Hollywood said no, replaced by Dave
    Sian Williams said no, replaced by Susanna
    Mel C said no, replaced by Sophie?
    Teri Hatcher said no, replaced by Fiona?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I assume Greg has said no if Dave is in?

Last year they definitely had replacements, it seems they get a list of professions that they want that series and then go with that.

David Harewood said no, assuming he was replaced by Patrick
    Michelle Keegan said no, replaced by Gumede?
    Paul Hollywood said no, replaced by Dave
    Sian Williams said no, replaced by Susanna
    Mel C said no, replaced by Sophie?
    Teri Hatcher said no, replaced by Fiona?

Yeah, I'd go with that.

So if Caroline Flack says no, I imagine we'll get a reasonably attractive TV presenter, if Ross Kemp says no we'll get another EastEnders chap. That sort of thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round-up of rumoured celebs:

Mark Wright, 27
    Ross Kemp, 49
    Greg James, 28
    Alan Hansen, 59
    Joe McElderry, 23
    Dave Berry, 35

Danniella Westbrook, 40
    Helen Flanagan, 23
    Judy Murray, 54
    Michelle Collins, 52
    Michelle Keegan, 27
    Caroline Flack, 34
    Frankie Sandford, 25

I would rule out Joe and Danniella. And I would gather Greg OR Dave but you never know, the producers may want a radio battle :p
    Forum Member
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Alan Hansen, 59
    Dave Berry, 35

Michelle Keegan, 27
    Caroline Flack, 34
    Frankie Sandford, 25

I would rule out Joe and Danniella. And I would gather Greg OR Dave but you never know, the producers may want a radio battle :p

I'd say these are the likely ones, although I can't see flack doing it
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »

Mark Wright, 27
    Ross Kemp, 49
    Greg James, 28
    Alan Hansen, 59
    Joe McElderry, 23
    Dave Berry, 35

Danniella Westbrook, 40
    Helen Flanagan, 23
    Judy Murray, 54
    Michelle Collins, 52
    Michelle Keegan, 27
    Caroline Flack, 34
    Frankie Sandford, 25

Ross Kemp isn't a genuine rumour, I don't think. Wasn't his name just on some journalist's wish list?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Ross Kemp isn't a genuine rumour, I don't think. Wasn't his name just on some journalist's wish list?

He's been offered a huge deal according to the Star :D
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/381644/TV-hardman-Ross-Kemp-is-gunning-for-the-Strictly-Come-Dancing-trophy
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I read something last year that said Dave Berry would never do Strictly because he was scared his package wouldn't fit into the lycra. :p
    Forum Member
    No complaints from me.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Alan Hansen wouldn't do it in a million years.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward? They're not doing panto this year & would be free
    Forum Member
    Doubt strictly would have Jedward, they've only just let people that have done Im
    a Celebrity in :p
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Doubt strictly would have Jedward, they've only just let people that have done Im
    a Celebrity in :p

:D I was only stirring - although I think they would surprise a few people, if they managed to stay in a few weeks. They're not as annoying as is sometimes show & they're quite competitive and sporty. Perhaps a few years yet - after they've done I'm A Celebrity. :p
    Forum Member
    The Sun have said Thom Evans has signed up, so I guess we can count him as very likely.

Apparently it's the second year in a row he was offered it (which ties in with Ben Cohen signing up as a replacement) but he's got enough free time this Autumn to commit.

Looks like we're heading for a Year of the Man!

Here's a link:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/08/is-kelly-brooks-ex-thom-evans-set-to-take-to-the-strictly-dancefloor-4790495/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun have said Thom Evans has signed up, so I guess we can count him as very likely.

Apparently it's the second year in a row he was offered it (which ties in with Ben Cohen signing up as a replacement) but he's got enough free time this Autumn to commit.

Here's a link:
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/08/is-kelly-brooks-ex-thom-evans-set-to-take-to-the-strictly-dancefloor-4790495/

Ooooh yes, I like this rumour alot! Only heard of him through Kelly but he looks very nice. I wonder if he can dance as well as Kelly?
    You could be right 21stCenturyBoy, it could be the year of the man and as much as I like the sound of that I would prefer it to be even. I am always saying we need more decent contenders in the male line-up though so i'm not complaining.......yet ;-)
  • dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Church piece in papers today saying shes broke !

Maybe scd a option ?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/487480/Charlotte-Church-admits-she-s-run-out-of-money
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I hear Mel Giedroyc's interested.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member

Here's a link:
    Charlotte Church piece in papers today saying shes broke !

Maybe scd a option ?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/487480/Charlotte-Church-admits-she-s-run-out-of-money

Yip, I can see both of these names taking part. I wouldn't mind Charlotte actually. I think she could be pretty good and an interesting character.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The rumours seem to be picking up pace at last, then.

Judging by... certain photo shoots, I'm sure Thom would make Ben look like a shy wallflower if he were to do the show.
    Forum Member
    The rumours seem to be picking up pace at last, then.

Judging by... certain photo shoots, I'm sure Thom would make Ben look like a shy wallflower if he were to do the show.

Is it the photograph that very nearly has your eye out?

Bruno will need a good hosing down after ever Thom Latin number. Now let's put him with Ola and we can essentially create Dancing With The Stars Argentina (don't make me link that) for a primetime BBC audience.
    Forum Member
    Is it the photograph that very nearly has your eye out?

Well, it's one of them...
    Forum Member
    Thom isn't shy is he?
    Forum Member
    Duncan Bannatyne has quit Dragon's Den.

I wonder if he might be in (see what I did there?)
    Forum Member
    Duncan Bannatyne has quit Dragon's Den.

I wonder if he might be in (see what I did there?)

Hmm. I doubt they'd have two Dragons in a row, and his health hasn't been in the best nick as of late, so I think we'll have to leave it at that one Comic/Sport Relief special he did (and judging by said special... thank god!)
    Forum Member
    Oh I didn't know that. I doubt they'll sign him, then. The last thing they need is another Jimmy Tarbuck/ exploding heart situation.