Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don´t know how the new list works ( I don´t see where I can write there tweets) and for me nobody can&will ever replace Jedward Genius.

I thought (for the last years)that they wanted to have the fans(fandom) equal and that this was the reason they unfollowed everybody and now again will some (Few ) fans be picked up and will feel special because J&E gave them the feeling to be special(by picking them up).
    One step more to distribute many fans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who knows if this was not only a market research .
    I still think the same what I wrote in myl last DS post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://t.co/Qaq969lUnk Jedward to Play Total Access Live (09 august 2014) , so they perform in UK but did not tweet about it so that their UK fans don´t know something about it and it is a very short time until the event, so who knows if there will be some Jed fans.

Though for me this is again a prove that JedGen is a big loss , I am pretty sure that we would have known about this event weeks before when she would still be here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another legit music festival in the UK.... woo-hoooooooo!

http://jedworldnews.com/
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like they went down a storm at Total Access Live yesterday. Here are some great videos from Sue (@smiley_jedi):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tRFEMILcVO1k0nuBRIevw
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    It looks like they went down a storm at Total Access Live yesterday. Here are some great videos from Sue (@smiley_jedi):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tRFEMILcVO1k0nuBRIevw

They were great and I appreciate those vids as I wasn't there.

Also a positive review here http://t.co/4F0qksyQhD

Its seems as though the general feeling amongst fans on twitter is for more festivals - as they perform to non fans who then realise how good they are live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has everyone taken their ball and gone home? Such a pity.

I wonder how the twins plan on marketing their new album. It's now fairly obvious that fan promo/spam doesn't work.

I also miss the twins tweeting fun stuff from their planet jedward account... two dogs have taken over. While their fans might find this fun, it's not really doing the twins any favors in terms of their public profile. Now the only thing they tweet from PJ is shout-outs to celebrities and pseudo-inspirational stuff... it's a far cry from their zany, irreverent tweets of yore.

J&E have grown up... I get that. And I'm all for trying new things... but if these new things don't work, and the old things did... it might be worth revisiting the old things... and I don't mean LW, I mean online presence.
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahoy there! I just thought I'd check in with y'all. I've been enjoying the tweets coming from new doggie Fiji Mouse. So sweet, adorable and uplifting! I'm also hoping that the Jeds will take up Vanilla Ice's bucket challenge nomination. From their previous experience with Balloontastic and that Radio 1 water challenge, I'd say J&E would take every opportunity to revel in the wetness. Crikey!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a bit of discussion re when fans joined the fandom... imo, it doesn't matter at all. But to those who joined after ESC & CBB, I found this thread which reminded me of all that was going on during J&E's XFactor stint which goes a long way in explaining what the fans were up against at the time.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1160541&highlight=ludicrous+xfactor+acts

So instead of implying that some fans are not 'supporting' the twins these days... take a step back... you came in on the crest of their popularity, don't judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Tara will be collaborating w/ J&E again... it's very kind of her to do so, in light of her recent success w/ the Sharknado cult franchise.

While I wasn't really enthralled w/ the WOW vid due to its mimicry of Baywatch... the twins have come so far with their vids that I'm sure that this collaboration will be fun to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... the JedYearBook poll really illustrates how much the fandom has changed over the past couple of years... so many names missing that I would have expected to see in the nominations.

So many nominations of older fans... where have all the young fans gone? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have 500 more posts to go before we get a new thread. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    Wow... the JedYearBook poll really illustrates how much the fandom has changed over the past couple of years... so many names missing that I would have expected to see in the nominations.

So many nominations of older fans... where have all the young fans gone? :(

I thought I'd seen several younger fans nominated - it's not a bad mix of older and younger actually. I did think there were several nominated in a lot of categories though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I thought I'd seen several younger fans nominated - it's not a bad mix of older and younger actually. I did think there were several nominated in a lot of categories though.

Yes, but so many names were missing... particularly in the fan vid and fan art categories. I was always so impressed by the talents of J&E's fans. Extremely creative.

It just struck me as odd... and made me feel a bit nostalgic. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the album release has been delayed until October. I hope the twins have decent promo (professional) lined-up.

I am assuming that without a label it will be next to impossible to get their songs on radio playlists. A pity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's Colm Hayes interviewing Jedward on RTE 2fm yesterday:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2QujWowZ0&a=&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    jadojado Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey all! i'm just popping by really, i'm still loving free spirit! do we know when their album will be released? I don't mind bringing tweets across and things if you guys don't mind? I am a Joe McElderry fan, but I do like Jedward as well :) I was a premature baby like them, I was born 3 months early! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jado wrote: »
    hey all! i'm just popping by really, i'm still loving free spirit! do we know when their album will be released? I don't mind bringing tweets across and things if you guys don't mind? I am a Joe McElderry fan, but I do like Jedward as well :) I was a premature baby like them, I was born 3 months early! :)

Hi Jado - no I don't think there has been any official news about the album release date yet.

I'm sure readers of this thread will be very happy for you to post anything on here, it's so quiet at the moment!

Meanwhile, the twins have made number 28 on the Sun's reality show rich list. This is what they had to say about them:

"Simon Cowell famously described John and Edward Grimes as “incredibly annoying”, but that didn’t stop the Jedward juggernaut.
    After the Irish twins, now 22, exited The X Factor in 2009, they promptly signed a £1m three-album contract with Universal. Touring and TV performances soon followed, netting them another million.

Their first tour covered 70 dates in the UK and Ireland, then in July 2010 they were paid £250,000 each for two fly-on-the-wall documentaries.

In 2011 they went on two further tours around Europe, before heading straight into the Celebrity Big Brother house for a £200,000 fee, eventually finishing third.

They have appeared in panto three times, earning £100,000 on each occasion, and represented Ireland twice in the Eurovision Song Contest, which sent both singles to No.1 there.

The hard-working lads have since squeezed in two more tours, the LA Marathon, the London Olympic Torch Relay, Channel 5’s Jedward’s Weird Wild World and BBC’s Jedward’s Big Adventure, earning themselves another £750,000.

They’ve also advertised everything from Shake n’ Vac, East Midlands Trains and Nintendo to their own-branded Samsung mobile phone, boosting their bank balance by another £1.5m.

Not to mention the fact they’re signed to Next models and can command fees upwards of £25,000 to appear in fashion magazines.

Although their record deal with Universal was not renewed, they’re not exactly counting pennies.

The duo have spent £600,000 on Ferrari sports cars and treated themselves to a £3m mansion in LA – handy for hanging out with their BFF and fellow CBB housemate, Tara Reid."

As they seems to have got the wrong end of the stick about the Ferraris and the LA mansion, I'm not sure how reliable the other figures are!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    ...and treated themselves to a £3m mansion in LA – handy for hanging out with their BFF and fellow CBB housemate, Tara Reid."

I knew they had purchased Britney's old digs! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but they had to pay for all that money taxes+L.W. got 20% out of it&they had do pay for other things &people (Liam, dancers....) ?
    Would be much more interesting to know how much money is still on their bank (not to forget that they always payed much money for their own music (song writter, music vids, recording studios, costumes, +probably they payed money for all the promo which they had in Australia+Canada(sad that it did not worked out)...).
    I hope that they are financiell still in a good situation, I can not imagine that they could ever work in a normal job when it all comes to an end (in music business/showbusiness only a few survive for a long time)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    but they had to pay for all that money taxes+L.W. got 20% out of it&they had do pay for other things &people (Liam, dancers....) ?
    Would be much more interesting to know how much money is still on their bank (not to forget that they always payed much money for their own music (song writter, music vids, recording studios, costumes, +probably they payed money for all the promo which they had in Australia+Canada(sad that it did not worked out)...).
    I hope that they are financiell still in a good situation, I can not imagine that they could ever work in a normal job when it all comes to an end (in music business/showbusiness only a few survive for a long time)

Yes it would. Someone could put that as the question in their twitter bio. Who's going to take one for the team?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »

It will be nice to see them on telly again.