Options

Is Camelot real?

Skinny TreeSkinny Tree Posts: 1,348
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Emma doesn't know. :(
I think Gary will be very disappointed if one of his past lives turns out to be complete fiction. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I think Gary will create a Camelot acronym that proves that Camelot is most definitely real in his truth.
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is real it's a theme park not sure exactly where but in Lancashire I think .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    crisis3 wrote: »
    It is real it's a theme park not sure exactly where but in Lancashire I think .

Oops my bad,
    In that case he'll probably be disappointed but put a positive slant on it.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Emma doesn't know. :(
    I think Gary will be very disappointed if one of his past lives turns out to be complete fiction. :cry:

Emma is no genius either. :D

That's okay, I like her anyway (at least when she controls the screetching).
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she knew it would take a long time to explain, she could have said, 'yes, they run our national lottery'
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Even if she knew it would take a long time to explain, she could have said, 'yes, they run our national lottery'

Come on! She's far too dim to make that reply!
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Is Camelot real... that is an interesting question ...
    HONK :p
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where once it never rained till after sundown,
    By eight a.m. the morning fog had flown...
    Don't let it be forgot
    That once there was a spot
    For one brief shining moment that was known
    As Camelot.

I am sure that Gary will be happy to see some real castles.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Where once it never rained till after sundown,
    By eight a.m. the morning fog had flown...
    Don't let it be forgot
    That once there was a spot
    For one brief shining moment that was known
    As Camelot.

I am sure that Gary will be happy to see some real castles.

The thing is this is hardly the first time Gary Busey has been to Britain. He was in Nicolas Roeg's Insignificance, and that was main filmed in Wembley.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    The thing is this is hardly the first time Gary Busey has been to Britain. He was in Nicolas Roeg's Insignificance, and that was main filmed in Wembley.

Oh, he couldn't have been. Don't you know he's never really appeared in any films of significance? Bit player that he is.

But ... he said he was looking forward to taking his wife and son to those sites. And just because he visited the country (at least) once thirty years ago, well, his interests have likely changed since then. If, during or after filming, he had any time to tour the country.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Don't you know he's never really appeared in any films of significance? Bit player that he is.
    There's a lot of good actors down the years that have never played a lead role, and he's got 'The Buddy Holly Story' as a legacy, which is a damn sight more than many and a great film.
    As to the BIB, well 'Point Break' 'Lethal Weapon' 'Under Siege' 'Fear and Loathing' 'Lost Highway' and especially 'A Star Is Born' are hardly insignificant movies (and Barbra Streisand was extremely effusive about his work in the last).
    Support actor yes. 'Bit player'? - no prize for that one.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    I suspect there are plenty of Brits who think Camelot (if they've ever heard of it - it's been a long time since the musical, which is presumably what Gary remembers) is real.

On the subject of King Arthur: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur

"Historical documents for the post-Roman period are scarce, so a definitive answer to the question of Arthur's historical existence is unlikely. Sites and places have been identified as "Arthurian" since the 12th century, but archaeology can confidently reveal names only through inscriptions found in secure contexts. The so-called "Arthur stone", discovered in 1998 among the ruins at Tintagel Castle in Cornwall in securely dated 6th-century contexts, created a brief stir but proved irrelevant. Other inscriptional evidence for Arthur, including the Glastonbury cross, is tainted with the suggestion of forgery. Although several historical figures have been proposed as the basis for Arthur] no convincing evidence for these identifications has emerged.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Of course its real, the people living there eat ham and jam and spam a lot I believe