Options

If you are NOT going to be getting the Xbox or PS4....

HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
Forum Member
✭✭
In the near future, any game franchises that would change your mind? For me, the only franchises that would persuade me to buy, would be Fallout or The elder Scrolls, especially Fallout. Also, possibly Deus EX or Half life.

Comments

• Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Fzero sequel or FzeroGX HD would make me buy a WiiU tomorrow. TLOU sequel will probably make me buy a PS4.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Far Cry 4, Borderlands 3 or Portal 3. If they dropped the QTEs from Tomb Raider then maybe that too.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portal 3 would spark my interest too, though bf4 already has my attention. Some sort of next gen little big planet would be nice but getting more back to the 1st version but with cutesy 3d gfx
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    In the near future, any game franchises that would change your mind? For me, the only franchises that would persuade me to buy, would be Fallout or The elder Scrolls, especially Fallout. Also, possibly Deus EX or Half life.

All of those will be best played on PC.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we won't have to wait long for Fallout 4.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    It would be Uncharted but as it's already been announced I'll go with.. The Getaway or Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls sequels.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA6, so I might be waiting a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of those will be best played on PC.

If you prefer PC, fine, no problem. I don't. Although what interest this thread is to you in that case, I'm not sure, as the topic isn't PC V console, its what franchises would persuade you to buy a next gen console.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Hopefully we won't have to wait long for Fallout 4.

Bethesda have been working on a major project for the last year for the PS4, its not definatly fallout, noone knows, just listed as "development project", but I'm hoping its Fallout 4.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's 3 major franchise that may swing me to either consoles:

1) Uncharted
    2) Kingdom Hearts
    3) Gears of War

Since I just found out that KINGDOM HEARTS 3 will be released on the PS4 & XBOX 1 - it becomes a non-factor in determining which console will eventually win me over.

The UNCHARTED series are amazing. But they'll have to release 2 or 3 more UNCHARTED games on the PS4 before I even think about buying it. Afterall, I'm not going to buy a console for just 1 game. The same goes for GEARS OF WAR.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you prefer PC, fine, no problem. I don't. Although what interest this thread is to you in that case, I'm not sure, as the topic isn't PC V console, its what franchises would persuade you to buy a next gen console.

I don't own a console, so the thread is perfect. All open world games are best played on PC because the world is best imagined on that platform, and as for Half-Life, well just you wait for that. It will have biometrics support (You should read about some of the crazy stuff Valve have tried there) from the Steam Controller and also VR support, so again, best played on PC seen as consoles don't have VR support and Sony are only toying with the idea while there is Oculus Rift and Valve will also demo their own VR headset in January.

What would make me buy a console? A game that is as revolutionary as Metal Gear Solid was for PS1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would make me buy a console? A game that is as revolutionary as Metal Gear Solid was for PS1.

Thanks, easy to keep on topic isnt it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Fantasy but only if it returned to its turn based routes.
    Possibly Fable.

Have to say though, I'm not a huge fan of sony/microsoft franchises; give me a mario/zelda/pokemon/metroid title anyday!

Although, a remake of Final Fantasy 7-9 would have me snap up a PS4 instantly ;)
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't plan on getting one yet, but I will probably weaken as time passes. Like you, a new Fallout, Half life or Halo would definitely do it. For now I'm happy with my old 360.
    Leaving it a few months might get all those software bugs sorted out too.
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    TBH, it's price more than IP that's keeping me out of XBO and PS4 (That, and being quite happy with my Wii U), but something new from Bethesda or a Suda 51 game that focused on gameplay would certainly accelerate matters.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncharted would be a big draw. But overall it will more likely be when cross-generation games start dying out and all games have a next generation feel to them. The launch titles look mediocre at best and the cross-gen games barely look better than the current-gen versions.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same every console release really, you get the peak of the old gen vs the half finished & rushed on the new.
    I am going to jump when second son appears on the PS4 though.
    Oh and if the wii-u counts, Mario 3d world has me tempted, but I might be more tempted when Bayonetta 2 comes out.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Uncharted would be a big draw. But overall it will more likely be when cross-generation games start dying out and all games have a next generation feel to them. The launch titles look mediocre at best and the cross-gen games barely look better than the current-gen versions.

Except BF4 which is world away from the PS3/Xbox 360 versions....
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mainly play RPGs, so for me it'll probably be Witcher 3, or Dragon Age 3. Possibly Fallout 4...

Also looking forward to the new Wolfenstein game, along with 'The evil within'...
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None what-so-ever.

Besides, for the price of these consoles you could upgrade a normal, modest self-build computer into a gaming powerhouse.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    none. This will be the first time that I haven't bought a new/next gen console.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

Battlefield peaked at BFBC2 for me, each new release seems a step backwards since they toned down the destruction.

But to be fair I have not really played BF4 yet so maybe that is different.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

Yeah on PC mate ;):D
  • Options
    trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    none. This will be the first time that I haven't bought a new/next gen console.

this is exactly where i am ,,,,,,,,,, i love my ps3 ,,,,, the apps i use mostly like netflix arn't going to look any better on ps4 , neither are blu rays etc .

the games i have loved this gen have been the uncharteds and the batmans.

i just cant justify 350 on a new console and 50 on one game , especially as others have stated about the first wave of software not exactly being stellar.

50 quid right now in cex could buy me 3-5 amazing ps3 games.

i'll probably be tempted when they release a new uncharted , ,,,,,,, but even then no doubt the ps3 version will still look and play great.

its not a case for how great the ps4 can be , its more testament to sony for making the ps3 so unbelievably good. ,,,,,,, they sort of outdone themselves with the ps3 and so subsequently made many of the ps4's feature sets less desireable at a 350 price point ,,,,,, i'll opt in at £199
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    The only thing that would persuade me to get a console instead of the gaming via the superior PC experience would be if The Witcher series and the Elder Scrolls series both went console exclusive.

Fortunately that's not going to happen, :)