Do you think Cheryl's single will go to number 1?

topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Some of her other songs are quite catchy, this one's just terrible. I guess it will go to number 1 anyway...

Comments

• BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a small chance that Rude by MAGIC! Might steal the spot, if not they will take over Cheryl after a week, it's pretty much song of the summer as every station is playing it (R1 & 2, Capital, Heart, local stations
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    There's a small chance that Rude by MAGIC! Might steal the spot, if not they will take over Cheryl after a week, it's pretty much song of the summer as every station is playing it (R1 & 2, Capital, Heart, local stations

More than a small chance imo; in fact, I'd quite surprised if it didn't pip her to the top spot. Rude is outperforming her massively on streaming and recently overtook her on pre-orders, not to mention has huge momentum behind it.

Neither are brilliant songs, but Cheryl's is shockingly weak, so I really hope MAGIC! clinch it.
  • DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it didn't have that crazy stupid trumpet itd stand a shot
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Cheryl's song in the sax part! The remix version is so much better. If the remix version was the single then yes.. Rude will be no 1... That's her thought. She should have gone for the better version of her song...
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll get to no.1. She's had non-stop coverage and airplay since the BGT final.

I think it'll do ridiculously well first week sales but then it'll drop because the song has been around too long already and I've heard a lot of people say 'they're over it' now :blush:
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard it on radio at all since the 1st week debut and again this weak...

But then I suppose the work radio is always tuned to kiss..
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AHEM.

No.1 in 42 mins
    :D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AHEM.

No.1 in 42 mins

It's a bit early to be getting cocky, there's still seven more days to go until it charts.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AHEM.

No.1 in 42 mins

Yeah on Itunes, but a lot can change by Sunday. She will be very front loaded and the gap between her and Magic will close, I still think they'll overtake her.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    AHEM.

No.1 in 42 mins

I laughed at this naive post. Her sales will be front loaded and also don't forget that streaming is now a part of the UK chart, so a lot can change by Saturday :)
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope magic! are still in with a chance.

Its not really a fair fight with Cheryl announcing her whirlwind wedding last wk