Options

CORRIE : How on earth is a Rob going to get caught?

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This guy is covering his tracks so well I can't think of any theories on how he is going to get caught....

I guess those young boys could come into it later....but what happens if Peter goes down? Rob can't seriously get away with murder can he???? 😕

Comments

• Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Maybe Craig witnessed Rob killing Tina and he eventually comes forward :D
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    It would be nice, if just for once a murder on a soap doesn't get solved and the wrong person (Peter) is sentenced to Jail, as sadly it does happen in real life. I know it won't happen though as Marc Baylis is leaving Coronation Street at the end of the year. As for how Rob gets caught, i have no idea.
  • Options
    DaveinLeedsDaveinLeeds Posts: 952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that Tina died several months ago and the murder weapon had been buried under the waste ground for that period of time, wouldn't Rob have been better leaving well alone? Would it occur to someone coming across it to take It to the police?
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is he can't live with it and confesses, or talks to himself the way he did with Peter and it is overheard. Either way, he talks too much.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    He founds out that the canal is being drained and runs back to retrieve the weapon?

Perhaps he'll kill again? Ken may be on to him him soon, perhaps he'll catch Tracy and Tony together, they looked pretty close tonight

Only one thing is for sure in soapland, he will be arrested on his wedding day!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that Tina died several months ago and the murder weapon had been buried under the waste ground for that period of time, wouldn't Rob have been better leaving well alone? Would it occur to someone coming across it to take It to the police?

My thoughts too, a piece of lead pipe on a building site, no one would notice unless they weighed it in for scrap, and why did he throw the shovel in the canal.?
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    tripitaka wrote: »
    He founds out that the canal is being drained and runs back to retrieve the weapon?

Only one thing is for sure in soapland, he will be arrested on his wedding day!

Would anyone finding the lump of lead and the bit of jewellery really link it to a murder?
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Would anyone finding the lump of lead and the bit of jewellery really link it to a murder?

bit daft to bury them together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely do t think he'll confess....far too selfish but what really annoys me is howhe goes. On and on and on at Carla - Carla who is it thick; a smart and shrewd business woman - and she hasn't even become suspicious. Come on! In real life if we were asked questions by a sibling, mate, family member more than a couple of times, we'd know or feel 100% that something isn't right here but she just seems oblivious to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Watch it be somebody who saw it happen when he hit her around the head and kept it to themselves then all a sudden slips up typical coronation Street style
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    This guy is covering his tracks so well I can't think of any theories on how he is going to get caught....

I guess those young boys could come into it later....but what happens if Peter goes down? Rob can't seriously get away with murder can he???? 😕

Couldn't we all just wait and see? You know - like we used to before all these spoilers >:(
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he bother moving that metal pipe thing?

Would builders really find that so suspicious?

I don't see why he buried it anyway. Clean it and then toss it in a scrap yard, no one would ever notice it. :confused:
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his alibi will come into question as Tony and Tracey are doing dogey deals again. Maybe someone will find out about where she was that night then People question to were Rob was too and he panics? Won't his finger prints be on the bracelet too
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it continues as it is and we get a shock arrest on his wedding day at the altar.

What I mean about shock arrest is that there is nothing shown on screen and no hints given on screen that suggests to us that rob is getting found out.
  • Options
    hachimanhachiman Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I hope it continues as it is and we get a shock arrest on his wedding day at the altar.

What I mean about shock arrest is that there is nothing shown on screen and no hints given on screen that suggests to us that rob is getting found out.

What about Carla, Tracy and Michelle seeing him acting weird?
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Tracey will be the one to find out first. And tries her best to trick Rob to confess.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Someone says Tyrone is a moaning Minnie over his injury and Rob replies that Tina was able to stand after a worse fall.how would he know?.
    No, I do know that won't happen.:)
  • Options
    BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Maybe Tracey will be the one to find out first. And tries her best to trick Rob to confess.

It would be interesting if they changed their angle a little bit and allowed Tracy to take centre stage. Not that I like the character at all, but she's become noticably nicer since her relationship with Rob became serious (showing a softer side to her family more often than she used to), and it makes me wonder what will happen to her when the truth about Rob comes to light.

Will she turn against him or protect him? Either way, she's going to lose him (when Marc Baylis leaves the show) and perhaps that will make Tracy worse than ever...
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CORRIE : How on earth is a Rob going to get caught

Don't the police usually solve crime? Slaps self. Sorry, I got confused with real life for a moment.

This is Corrie.

So the crime won't be solved by the police.

Will it be a confession or will someone on the street will suss Rob out? At the most my money's on Sir Kenneth 'Sherlock' Barlow. ;-)

Actually, does anyone care who killed Tina? I'm just relieved to see the back of her. We all like Rob. So can't he just stay and we can forget that he murdered someone?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his alibi will come into question as Tony and Tracey are doing dogey deals again. Maybe someone will find out about where she was that night then People question to were Rob was too and he panics? Won't his finger prints be on the bracelet too

You may be onto something here. If it were to emerge that Tracy was doing a dodgy deal that night, then Rob's alibi to the police had to be fabricated. Maybe even Tony is the one to work it out?
  • Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice that he used the shovel to dig up the murder weapon and when he put it in the car it was clean !! not an ounce of dirt on it ! I still think he will be killed off, yes, on his wedding day!!
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be mistaken, I was only half watching but didn't he have the pipe wrapped abound a pice of cloth? If that's the case, he didn't throw the cloth out, that will still be in the boot with Tina's DNA all over it.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Apparently
    he throws it into the canal.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the way Rob is acting, I am surprised nobody is suspicious of him already. Carla wll cop on and he will confess all I reckon.