Options

Rita Ora - All Hype and Brings Nothing New!

Comments

• Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did it take 13 people to write How We Do? the lyrics are soooo basic. "make up on my pillow/ what did we do last night." etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    13 writers on one song? embarrassing tbh
  • Options
    Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    I agree there is nothing stand outish about her at all and agree that she has been moulded in the exact same way Lady Gaga was to be this perfect popstar. This is also why Rita WILL BE a big succcess.

The worst thing about Rita is how she is hyped to be some great song writer who spends ages writing her lyrics. Tragic.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Writing credits include all sorts of things. It includes the lyrics, but also includes the people who compose the music, and even sometimes the people who sort out the technical side of production. And anybody who makes even a small contribution can get credited.

About Jessie J selling out, she did sell out imo. She started off doing urban-pop in 2010 (Do It Like a Dude through to Who You Are can fall into that category), and then she did her re-release and her two singles have been electropop/dance-pop.

But I find it odd that people are so bothered by the hype artists like Rita and Jessie get. How did you feel about the hype Lady Gaga was getting in 2009 then? That was 100x more extreme than what Rita Ora and Jessie J got, and her songs were even more generic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    But I find it odd that people are so bothered by the hype artists like Rita and Jessie get. How did you feel about the hype Lady Gaga was getting in 2009 then? That was 100x more extreme than what Rita Ora and Jessie J got, and her songs were even more generic.

I completely agree. Rita and Gaga are one of the same.

Like someone said on the previous page. Hyping artists is the easiest way to now manipulate teenagers into buying records.
  • Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Writing credits include all sorts of things. It includes the lyrics, but also includes the people who compose the music, and even sometimes the people who sort out the technical side of production. And anybody who makes even a small contribution can get credited.

About Jessie J selling out, she did sell out imo. She started off doing urban-pop in 2010 (Do It Like a Dude through to Who You Are can fall into that category), and then she did her re-release and her two singles have been electropop/dance-pop.

How are songs such as Poker Face, Paparazzi and Bad Romance more generic than R.I.P or How We Do (Party)? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita was on This Morning talking about how it had taken two years for her to write the album. Are people saying she never even wrote it at all then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benana93 wrote: »
    How are songs such as Poker Face, Paparazzi and Bad Romance more generic than R.I.P or How We Do (Party)? :rolleyes:

Lady Gaga is probably the most generic artist in the charts right now yet is hyped up to be this lyical mastermind.

Gaga tracks are very little different to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5JTdayfCT4
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know who she is...

Neither does Rita:o
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's in with that Kardashian lot, goes out with Kim's brother, another reason for me to dislike her.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with everything already said.

She's a bland, generic Rihanna wannabe that adds nothing to the music scene and the spokeswomen of averageness and mediocrity.

And I say that as someone who has her album on pre-order!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask how exactly she's shown "elements" of Alexandra Burke?
    Or did you just have to mention her in your post?

Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, and to a lesser extent Pixie Lott and Jessie J, I can understand... but not so much the others....

But I agree that she's not unique at all... And her manufactured "edginess" isn't convincing.... especially once you've heard her being interviewed... About as "edgy" as a teddy bear.

Come on there are blatant style rips from her especially in How We Do, plus a lot of people thought it was Alexandra singing on Hot Right Now before Ora came out with her own stuff, and yeah I have to mention her otherwise I can't post on this forum.

I agree with others, she has no star quality and I just find her a bit samey and boring and there are too many styles where she sounds radically different in each one...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL it took her two years to get the album finished? And judging by the iTunes previews, the tracks that are on there are all she could offer? Lame. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree with others, she has no star quality and I just find her a bit samey and boring and there are too many styles where she sounds radically different in each one...

Yeah I agree... She sounds like a totally different person in each song.... Unless she finds her own lane, I'd say give it two years... max.
    The hype is to be expected though... The media always hype the newest kid on the block.. Pixie was the same, Conor Maynard is enjoying it right now.... Plus anything Jay Z/Beyonce related is always rammed down peoples' throats.

They build them up in order to knock them down.
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita was on This Morning talking about how it had taken two years for her to write the album. Are people saying she never even wrote it at all then?

I was wondering if she wrote her own songs, she's not credited for writing RIP or How We Do...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just because it took 2 years doesn't mean she had to have written it all. It probably took so long because no producers/songwriters were sending them good enough songs, I think that's pretty much evident by the fact they had to use some leaked Drake demo rejected by Rihanna as the lead single.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway... In answer to the thread...

I definitely agree she doesn't bring much new to the pop world, isn't very original (though, who really is these days?), is not overly talented (from what I've seen thus far) but that isn't an issue, in my opinion... and she's hardly the first of this kind of popstar.
    I only have an issue with unoriginal, average pop stars who actually claim to bring something "new" or "groundbreaking" to the table...

Record labels don't care about credibility, originality or their artists being something "new" ....they care about what they think makes money... Credibility etc.. is a bonus.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If she did then she does like to tell a few lies.

It reminds me of when she said she turned down Call My Name, almost like she was somehow better than the song, only for Calvin Harris to say she was never offered it in the first place.
    She decided the house track — which is written and produced by Calvin Harris — was too dance orientated. She said: “I heard Call My Name quite a while ago because I was offered it.
    “I turned it down. I do like the song but I didn’t want to sing it ’cos it’s not really me.
    “I don’t want to go down the dance route that a lot of other pop stars are doing.
    “I prefer to have my own sound and do my own thing.”

“I prefer to have my own sound and do my own thing.”....yeah, of course you do. That's why nothing she does stands out as new or original. Her songs are pretty rubbish as well.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Rita Ora said she was offered Call My Name but then Calvin Harris said she wasn't? Or am I misreading your post?

:confused::o
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Were Rita Ora and Cheryl also offered We Found Love?
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Rita Ora said she was offered Call My Name but then Calvin Harris said she wasn't? Or am I misreading your post?

:confused::o

Yes, basically.

Harris emphatically denied her ever being offered the song on Twitter and then Rita Ora, obviously embarrassed, started posting tweets like ''why don't people just @ you when they talk about you''.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    LOL it took her two years to get the album finished? And judging by the iTunes previews, the tracks that are on there are all she could offer? Lame. :sleep:

Yep...the album sounds pretty basic from the previews.

She can sing, but the material is poor imo. The best thing she's done so far is Hot Right Now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are people so surprised she is lying about writing her album. Loads of popstars do this. Katy Perry is one of the worst and don't get me started on Beyonce the song thief. Her antics are well known about. At least Rihanna doesn't and hasn't ever tried to be something she is not.

I think the only female pop singers of the moment who genuienly writes all their own stuff are Lana Del Ray and Taylor Shift.
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know who she is and i care even less
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    “I prefer to have my own sound and do my own thing.”....yeah, of course you do. That's why nothing she does stands out as new or original. Her songs are pretty rubbish as well.

I think the funniest thing of all is that she said that yet her debut single was a Rihanna reject.