Options

This episode has been much much better

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
Forum Member
Hopefully this will be the start of a recovery.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I disagee, I found it annoying and a tad bit over edited to make Geri look crazy.
  • Options
    Luke_FawcettLuke_Fawcett Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Nope, I agree. Thought it was much better and didn't feel like their was many adverts because we saw so many performances!
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Something about it reminded me of the earlier series'. Not sure what though but I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Seriously OP....u r joking aren't you???
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    To be honest it's been my least favourite, I think that's because it's been the first without someone I've really been interested in though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its far too late to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Despite there not being a single worthwhile act (excluding Melanie who we've already seen) that was a quick hour in comparison to previous eps, TOWIE nonsense has been heavily snipped. The 'special' shakey guy saved for last was the only snail-paced portion.
  • Options
    Wasted71Wasted71 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Much better than last week, it wont ever be great but at least it was an improvement, I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri should have been picked up as the permanent judge.

It almost recaptured the old chemistry of the Sharon/Louis/Simon days.

Tulisa and Nicole simply roll over and allow Gary's ego to run riot, Geri is in the position to be able to challenge him.

A feisty, more mature, actually successful female who has earned her stripes was what the panel needed.

Also bringing the trademark crazy would have helped as well.

Shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    although the acts weren't all that great, and i hated geri's over the top annoyingness, i do agree that the formatting of the show is a return to form. better pacing, more montages and auditions, no god aweful towie crap (except ever so slightly with the nervous guy) = a faster and more watchable show.
    it still has a long way to go though....if it can make it at all.
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit better...although i'm watching on catch up to skip the ads & fw haliwell's bits which always helps
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they have been reading this forum?
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better than the past two shows.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it started really poorly, the bit with Geri and Gary made me want to turn off, we weren't seeing if anyone actually got through, just that Geri said no and Gary said yes or vice versa. I think it really picked up after the first adverts and I hope it continues where it left off tomorrow night.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite good because the groups finally got to audition, lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Do you think they have been reading this forum?

as much as i would love to think so, i don't think complaints were limited to this forum....
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    I thought it started really poorly, the bit with Geri and Gary made me want to turn off, we weren't seeing if anyone actually got through, just that Geri said no and Gary said yes or vice versa. I think it really picked up after the first adverts and I hope it continues where it left off tomorrow night.

Though that's a very old fashioned X Factor approach; having two judges at loggerheads through a number of auditions only to agree at the end.

I'm halfway through the main programme and it's like watching a different show; fast paced, decent talent, extremely enjoyable. Maybe there's life in The X Factor yet?
  • Options
    Luke_FawcettLuke_Fawcett Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Though that's a very old fashioned X Factor approach; having two judges at loggerheads through a number of auditions only to agree at the end.

I'm halfway through the main programme and it's like watching a different show; fast paced, decent talent, extremely enjoyable. Maybe there's life in The X Factor yet?

Actually is becoming exciting now! I agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I totally agree, I really enjoyed watching tonight's episode and hope it continues to be this way tomorrow :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I agree. Thought it was much better and didn't feel like their was many adverts because we saw so many performances!

Agreed. I actually didn't get wound up when adverts came on because we were seeing a lot of acts in every section.

A big improvement, but will they keep it up for the remaining audition shows? I'm not convinced...
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    Agreed. I actually didn't get wound up when adverts came on because we were seeing a lot of acts in every section.

A big improvement, but will they keep it up for the remaining audition shows? I'm not convinced...

IIRC there's only one week left of auditions after tomorrow's show, and I'm assuming tomorrow's programme will have the same edit as tonight's. So next weekend is the only question mark in terms of audition quality.

22/23 September will be Boot Camp and 29/30 September will be Judges Houses leading to 6/7 October being the first live shows.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,350
    Forum Member
    The weather will be worse next week so the ratings should be much better (especially on the Sunday).
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was better edited in that we saw more performances. Thank god for that!!

All they need to do is simply BE The X Factor. Not constantly think 'oh what's popular right now, TOWIE, right let's ape that, and let's treat the entireity of our audience like One Direction fangirls' etc.

The X Factor should be setting the standard rather than playing catchup.