Things you would like on PS4 not announced yet

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Home

Hehe, I know you mention that in jest but I hope its actually still be developed. Since it started I have felt HOME has potential which has never really been realised. I would love to see what they can do with next generation hardware and the possibility of cloud stream on top.

Home of PS3 has actually come along way since the start but the whole thing still feels too clunky. Its a shame they couldn't build it with a proper games engine.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    That every game runs in full 1080p and at 60fps.

All these tearraflops and gigawatts will be for nothing if it can't do this.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

That will be up to the devs, the console is more than capable of it.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not every game needs 60fps. The hardware is fixed so if Sony mandated that every game had to be 1080p60, there wouldn't be much room for visual improvement over the life of the console.

Ridge Racer 7 (2006) runs natively at 1080p60 but Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) is graphically more impressive even though it is sub-HD (1280x704) and 30fps. RR7 was impressive back in 2006/7. If a game came out looking that in 2013, there would be questions as to why it looks like a game from 2006.
    Forum Member
    True, I realised the error after posting about 60fps, but didnt want to just go and edit it out.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I hope that there'll be some way of downloading from the store when you're playing online & I'd like to see some reverse remote play where you can play Vita games on your TV
    Forum Member
    That every game on the store wont be £70 to download.

Digital is the future? I bet it is for the skanks charging those prices.

Like stuff on the current store is £60 to download and £35 in your local supermarket.
    Forum Member
    To be able to change PSN names if and when required for a small fee, like on 360.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be able to change PSN names if and when required for a small fee, like on 360.

I'd rather it without the fee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been announced but with the ability to leave a game on in stand by mode and then start again straight away

it would be nice to be able to have more than one game active at a time

if i remember rightly, i think you have to option to load the game directly from the memory so you can turn off and turn back on and continue where you left off.
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I hope that there'll be some way of downloading from the store when you're playing online & I'd like to see some reverse remote play where you can play Vita games on your TV

Got what I wanted and more, albeit on a different device, the Vita TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if i remember rightly, i think you have to option to load the game directly from the memory so you can turn off and turn back on and continue where you left off.

I know that, i mean can it be done with two games at once

what i mean is on PS Vita if you are playing a game and then try and switch to a second game, a message will pop up and tell you that you need to close the first game for that to happen

What i'd want is the ability to have two separate games open at the same time and to be able to switch between them instantly
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PlayTV / FreeviewHD addon! :)

The main iptv apps! (Within afew weeks of launch) :)

Inbuilt dual-band (2.4ghz / 5ghz) wifi! :)

& PSNetwork taking advantage of 100+meg broadband connections ... When downloading via the store!!! :)

that'll do me! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    PlayTV / FreeviewHD addon! :)

I would prefer Satellite as Terrestrial reception is a bit dodgy where I am. But I do hope we get some form of TV tuner add-on.

Although I am not sure they can actually offer what I would really like and that is a Satellite turner with the capability to insert a smart card to receive the FTV channels as well as the FTA ones.

I love this idea of receiving TV on my console but every solution seems to come with some form of compromise which leaves each solution disappointing to me.
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    PSNetwork taking advantage of 100+meg broadband connections ... When downloading via the store!!!

This. The store on PSN is so sloooooooooow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to see 2 HDMI ports like they where going to do with the PS3, that would be cool for co-op plus an extra screen would be good for mini maps, weapons and ammo etc. A lot of PC games utilise this don't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member

what i mean is on PS Vita if you are playing a game and then try and switch to a second game, a message will pop up and tell you that you need to close the first game for that to happen

What i'd want is the ability to have two separate games open at the same time and to be able to switch between them instantly

im with you. that would be a nice addition.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout 4

A follow up to Dark Cloud (on ps2)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I'd rather it without the fee.

Remove the fee and you give way to easy trolling and harassment. No-one wants that online.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remove the fee and you give way to easy trolling and harassment. No-one wants that online.

Just limit how often you can do it like once a year for free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't really make a difference. To the abused they'll see a bunch of random usernames with each bit of abuse, but you are still reporting the same user record and the same user record will then accrue a large amount of reports and action would be taken in just the same way.

Additionally, blocks etc work by user ID not user name.

It is probably still a fair barrier to have, but as Gormond suggests - have a free limit.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No chance. There's not enough RAM. Sony would need to double the RAM in the PS4, or at the very least double the amount of RAM available for games (seeing as Killzone: Shadow Fall already takes up 4.5GB).

They would also have to enforce a maximum RAM limit to developers. A game must never under any circumstance exceed 50% of the RAM available for games. If this were to happen then 2 games cannot opperate at once.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What it could do would be to take a mem snapshot. Save to disc and then swap out ram with disc image and so in theory run x amount of games 'at same time'.... sort of.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this :

http://kotaku.com/its-hard-not-to-get-pumped-about-this-ps4-feature-1280580372

Except for the cheesiness of it it looks pretty darn cool!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A fee isn't the only way to combat abuse, as mentioned already they could limit it to once per year or as a one time deal when moving to a new console.

They could also add the ability to have an alias on your account so no matter what you change your screen name to the account name is still the same and can be blocked.