Destiny Alpha

124»

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Not a go at you sean, but how come so many folk are jumping in to pre order these days ?

Games more and more are appearing to come out half finished and it appears we are encouraging them by supporting pre orders. In particular the over inflated pre order digitally are the ones that annoy me.
    Destiny, although probably not for me, is playing pretty well though for alpha

I know what you mean and I am guilty of it myself. Not the digital ones mind. I tend to do it early on amazon as often the price drops significantly lower for a short period and you get it for that price. I cancel nearer the time if I change my mind.
    As to Destiny, didn't fancy it much but have a beta code which I will try. I couldn't get on board with Halo, this is the main reason I'm dubious about destiny.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Not a go at you sean, but how come so many folk are jumping in to pre order these days ?

Games more and more are appearing to come out half finished and it appears we are encouraging them by supporting pre orders. In particular the over inflated pre order digitally are the ones that annoy me.
    Destiny, although probably not for me, is playing pretty well though for alpha

Just noticed this sorry wasn't ignoring you.

I've only pre-orded it for access to the beta, once I get my beta code will cancel the game. I thought the alpha was ok but not sure if I get the game or not.

And I only buy digital if they are on sale like when I got tomb raider for 20 quid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    Just noticed this sorry wasn't ignoring you.

I've only pre-orded it for access to the beta, once I get my beta code will cancel the game. I thought the alpha was ok but not sure if I get the game or not.

And I only buy digital if they are on sale like when I got tomb raider for 20 quid

Can you do that? I pre ordered Destiny + beta through shopto and recieved my beta code and regersteted on the Bungie site and now cannot cancel the order (not that i want to, really looking foward to it)
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Can you do that? I pre ordered Destiny + beta through shopto and recieved my beta code and regersteted on the Bungie site and now cannot cancel the order (not that i want to, really looking foward to it)

I've done it before - through Amazon - for other games. I'm keeping my amazon order but will be in contact with them promptly if they dont give me my beta code well in advance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can cancel your order at any time before the game us dispatched.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    You can cancel your order at any time before the game us dispatched.

Not with shopto, according to the email that had the code, once the code has been redeemed you cannot cancel the order as by reedeming it you have entered an agreement to ourchase the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not with shopto, according to the email that had the code, once the code has been redeemed you cannot cancel the order as by reedeming it you have entered an agreement to ourchase the game.

oh I wonder if amazon is the same?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea, first time I've had this though.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will they know if a code is redeemed or not though?

Retailer send customer a code, customer redeems code with Bungie, Bungie sends PSN code, customer redeems on PSN

Is there really traceability throughout that whole process?

There are people selling beta codes on eBay. I'm guessing they have loads of preorders with various retailers. They're going to be screwed if this non-cancellation policy is true.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered mine from Game instore. Got a beta code card. No intention of buying it as it was a free preorder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Retailer send customer a code, customer redeems code with Bungie, Bungie sends PSN code, customer redeems on PSN

There are people selling beta codes on eBay. I'm guessing they have loads of preorders with various retailers. They're going to be screwed if this non-cancellation policy is true.

Delete payment details and problem solved
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

Put it this way. Publisher sends seller codes. Seller sends user codes. There's no connection between seller back to publisher.

Thousands of people place pre-orders to get beta codes and cancel.

Amazon's own rules dictate that the contract when you make a pre-order means you can cancel for any reason before they take payment out of your account. There is nothing stopping people getting beta codes this way.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played the first mission on the beta last night. Seems really strong. Love the art style, the scale, scenery and lighting are amazing. The music and sound are excellent too.
    Only played up until you get the to the city/tower thing. I will be interested to see how the structure opens up. I am guessing you fly your ship to open(ish) areas with a couple of missions in etc. Which would be cool.
    It controls really well - the shooting is really fluid and precise and I like how the grenades recharge after use.
    Initial impressions are excellent for this one - I can see me sinking days into the full game.
  • coffeetimecoffeetime Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Got a couple of spare PS4 UK PSN Store beta codes spare here - Bungie provisioned 3 with my Amazon pre-order, presumably one for me and two for friends. Being the only person I know with a PS4 (& an XB1 for that matter) they're both going begging.

First 2 to PM can have one each (be prepared for a 10GB client download though!)