British hostage - beheaded?

Comments

• Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    If I'd had the means.I'd have paid the ransom.We pay £53 million into the EU each day and get nothing back for it.At least we'd have saved his life.Prior to an all out assault on the terrorists.
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Are you a fool...how do you know you would have saved his life, you want to pay people who kidnap people and behead them?

So anyone can kidnap someone and you would pay?

No he's not a fool he's an ignorant idiot. Giving into ransoms just increases them. There was a story the other day saying that both the UK and the US have lower demands for precisely the reason that neither government pay / give in to ransoms.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Are you a fool...how do you know you would have saved his life, you want to pay people who kidnap people and behead them?

So anyone can kidnap someone and you would pay?

These people are well known for keeping to a deal.They are run like a well oiled business.Most other EU countries,especially Italy,France and Spain have paid millions for the release of their citizens.Although they'd never admit to it.
    Strange how it's only the non ransom paying moral high ground Governments who say 'deepest condolences' all the time.

I've already stated my views on future kidnappings,if you'd care to read.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next British hostage being exhibited is called Alan Henning. How many have they got? :confused:

Poor man, he looks doomed :(
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    This is so sad, i really hope a lot of countries come together and we deal with ISIS permanently.

Trouble is it's hard to kill an idea.

I'm convinced at this point they're deliberately goading us into a war.
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    I do wonder how ISIS have got all three hostages to speak fairly lucidly on camera blaming the US/UK for their death?

They're subjected to many mock executions beforehand. There's a fair chance he didn't know today would be his day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I'd say it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Much as I can't bear Islam (I'm not particularly tolerant of any religion) I really hope that's not the case. I should hope the majority of the British public have the common sense to realise that wouldn't be a very wise move.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the time has come for the Government and labour to get together and decide between them what should be done about these evil bastards. This would then send out a message that they are working together.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These people are well known for keeping to a deal.They are run like a well oiled business.Most other EU countries,especially Italy,France and Spain have paid millions for the release of their citizens.Although they'd never admit to it.
    Strange how it's only the non ransom paying moral high ground Governments who say 'deepest condolences' all the time.

The BIB. Link please?
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Trouble is it's hard to kill an idea.

I'm convinced at this point they're deliberately goading us into a war.

If that is the case, I hope we take the bait.

This is one war I'd have no problem supporting.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ISIS are well known for keeping a deal? Well that's alright then they are trustworthy and honest.

Why don't we invite them round for tea and congratulate them for standing by their word.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you're not aware then that the video directly references David Cameron and his recent actions?

What he could have done was quietly pay the ransom, there WAS only one British hostage after all...whereas we are left with a PM that can't even keep alive the single person he's publically taken direct responsibility for.

Absolutely not. It's a horrible thing to happen and I feel so much sympathy for him and his family but we do not pay terrorists random money, it opens the door to more kidnappings and murder.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, that's so horrible. Utterly inhuman.

I would normally only be in favour of military action as a last resort but this barbarity has to stop. Air strikes clearly aren't enough. We need ground troops in there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that is the case, I hope we take the bait.

This is one war I'd have no problem supporting.

It's inevitable at this point.

I don't have much cause to think it'll go any better than the last clusterf**k though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I think the time has come for the Government and labour to get together and decide between them what should be done about these evil bastards. This would then send out a message that they are working together.

There is the Scottish Independence vote which is why Britain and Cameron are cautious, I suspect something will be announced next weekend.

Also there is a general election next year all are sensitive issues for the current government.

Now a Britain has been murdered these should no longer count when deciding on a strategy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some questions

Why do they have the option of killing British and American people in the first place? Why are they over there in such a volatile place and why don't they have security? And why don't they fight back against their murderers?

Why is nothing been done about this lot? Surely their location is known by now? Which country are they in? Libya?
    Forum Member
    plymgary wrote: »
    Much as I can't bear Islam (I'm not particularly tolerant of any religion) I really hope that's not the case. I should hope the majority of the British public have the common sense to realise that wouldn't be a very wise move.

I don't think it will be long before there are groups in this country who make the EDL look like the Boy Scouts.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »

Its very complicated though. Likely the only way to defeat ISIS in Syria is to join forces with Assad, who was recently murdering his people with chemical weapons. There are so many ISIS in Syria that airstrikes is unlikely to be enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some questions

Why do they have the option of killing British and American people in the first place? Why are they over there in such a volatile place and why don't they have security? And why don't they fight back against their murderers?

Why is nothing been done about this lot? Surely their location is known by now? Which country are they in? Libya?
    The Briton was kidnapped in 2013 before ISIS became public, he was an aid worker in Syria as is the next one.

ISIS move around and Iraq and Syria is a large area which is why they have to be pushed back into Syria which is what the airstrikes are doing.

The Americans tried to rescue the previous hostage and he was moved before he got there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why don't they fight back against their murderers?

You've watched too many action movies.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it will be long before there are groups in this country who make the EDL look like the Boy Scouts.

I think you could be right. If the EDL werent so thuggish, I think alot of people would join them.
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    It's inevitable at this point.

I don't have much cause to think it'll go any better than the last clusterf**k though.

I sincerely hope we throw everything but the kitchen sink at these bastards and also start taking very serious action against IS supporters in this country.

Extremist Islam is on the rise in the UK and we need to put a stop to it.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No he's not a fool he's an ignorant idiot. Giving into ransoms just increases them. There was a story the other day saying that both the UK and the US have lower demands for precisely the reason that neither government pay / give in to ransoms.

Go and read the T's and C's of membership of this forum Kenny.
    There's no need for abuse on this forum.You might disagree with my points but you don't have to stoop so low as insulting me.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    BBC hinting ISIS have quite a few more British hostages.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some questions

How the hell do you suggest they fight back? :(

Behind the camera will be a load of fanatical goons with guns pointed at the poor men,
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But once we had him home safe and well.We would commence operations to obliterate them off the face of the earth.
    People are right to say we shouldn't give in to terrorists demands.But first of all we need to draw a line under this tragedy.

1) Pay the IS demands.For all known British hostages of this organisation.
    2) Tell all journalists and aid workers that this is the last time we'll do this.If these people catch you.You are on your own.I wouldn't put myself in danger of kidnap and neither should they.Regardless of their good intentions.
    3) Commence total liquidation of IS members.

If you really think that is the solution, you really must be either stupid and / or naive?

How about all the other terrorist organisations? Don't you think they would just start kidnapping people from further afield? Once the word got out that the British government had started paying ransoms, we would all be at risk - even without travelling to these countries.