Options

A Big Cock Up?

Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
Forum Member
✭✭
Breakfast was only on BBC1 until 7.30am and then a repeat of last nights MOTD was on/

Which meant the only avaiable version of Breakfast was the one with split screen signing at 8.00am on the BBC News channel.

They should have had Breaktfast onBBC1 and MOTD on BBC2. or vice versa.

Also, Breakfast used to be on BBC2 for 2 weeks over xmas, with CBBC on BBC1. Then they moved Breakfast to BBC1 over xmas which i thought was to accomdate regonal news. But there hasnt been any regional news on Breakfast this week. So MOTD could have been on 1 with Breakfast on 2.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    No cock up its what the BBC decided
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she did have

:D
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Yeah she did have

:D

How do you know ;-)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivor Fanny wrote: »
    Breakfast was only on BBC1 until 7.30am and then a repeat of last nights MOTD was on/

Which meant the only avaiable version of Breakfast was the one with split screen signing at 8.00am on the BBC News channel.

Also, Breakfast used to be on BBC2 for 2 weeks over xmas, with CBBC on BBC1. Then they moved Breakfast to BBC1 over xmas which i thought was to accomdate regonal news. But there hasnt been any regional news on Breakfast this week. So MOTD could have been on 1 with Breakfast on 2.

There was regional news this morning at 7.20 - Alex Bushell did the London News.BBC News Channel also carries the London opt-out.
  • Options
    Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    There was regional news this morning at 7.20 - Alex Bushell did the London News.BBC News Channel also carries the London opt-out.

You see- as i said - a cock up

With them moving to BBC News channel only after 7.30am meant the couldnt have any more regional news opt outs at 755 , 825 and 8.55am
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thread called A Big Cock up by a poster called Ivor Fanny...you couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the BBC they are called ''operational errors'' not cock-ups but I don't see where the error was if that was how the programme was scheduled.I assume there was a regional opt in the first hour as well, which I didn't see.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did think it was a bit odd that out of all the days this Christmas it was today of all days when Breakfast wasn't on BBC1 after 7:30.

This meant no regional news after 7:30, meaning it was hardly worth bothering getting the regions to come in at all, and then to rub it in, they still ran the in vision signing over the top of Breakfast this morning as well.

I assume moving MOTD to either BBC2 or 9am isn't possible due to contractual reasons?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I did think it was a bit odd that out of all the days this Christmas it was today of all days when Breakfast wasn't on BBC1 after 7:30.

This meant no regional news after 7:30, meaning it was hardly worth bothering getting the regions to come in at all, and then to rub it in, they still ran the in vision signing over the top of Breakfast this morning as well.

I assume moving MOTD to either BBC2 or 9am isn't possible due to contractual reasons?

Is the loss of two minutes of regional news that important - ITV had no breakfast show whatsoever
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ivor Fanny wrote: »

Considering the OPs forum name and the thread title I was expecting something else?
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Is the loss of two minutes of regional news that important - ITV had no breakfast show whatsoever

I wouldnt call GMB a breakfast show, Thats too kind. More like 2 and half hours of dross.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    How do you know ;-)

:D:D:D