The Ratings Thread (Part 63)

Comments

• Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW in answer to the Midsomer Murders question - yes, it was a repeat, of the anniversary special where they (sort of) crossed over with various Scandi dramas such as The Killing and travelled to Copenhagen to investigate.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Pictures of new Thunderbirds reboot revealed: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a621699/thunderbirds-reboot-unveils-new-look-tracy-brothers.html

Warning - may ruin your childhood.
    Crikey, the old puppets were more lifelike and probably more likeable than that.

No wonder there was talk on here of ITV putting it on (aka hiding it away) at breakfast time. Post midnight might be more appropriate.

Early days but looking like a big opportunity lost. They may need to draft in Jonathan Frakes at this rate. :)

Despite the early renewal if this bombs who will be the first media source to headline - Thunderbirds are Gone.

Seeing as it's on CITV will today's audience be more accepting of how they look than older viewers? They are the target demo.
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey, the old puppets were more lifelike and probably more likeable than that.

Though at the time, the show was greatly ridiculed by the wonderful Pete and Dud :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UemTdcZKOY0&list=UUeKZH0AzbTS-Yb_mUt0mPJA
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Seeing as it's on CITV will today's audience be more accepting of how they look than older viewers? They are the target demo.

It was a childrens programme then and its still one now, don't know what the fuss is about.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    It was a childrens programme then and its still one now, don't know what the fuss is about.

All the adults who were viewers as children in the past 50 years and who I would have assumed given the promotions and prime time TV ads on ITV itself must be at least part of the target audience that ITV are aiming to attract.

Given that Lady Penelope has just got a best actress Oscar nomination then maybe ITV will be reviewing their Citv plans again!
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBB may get the ratings but it not Big Brother anymore.

Totally agree wih you. Its just all about drama now!
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyC wrote: »
    Though at the time, the show was greatly ridiculed by the wonderful Pete and Dud :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UemTdcZKOY0&list=UUeKZH0AzbTS-Yb_mUt0mPJA

Ah, those were the days.:D
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    BTW in answer to the Midsomer Murders question - yes, it was a repeat, of the anniversary special where they (sort of) crossed over with various Scandi dramas such as The Killing and travelled to Copenhagen to investigate.

ITV showing a repeat in primetime after a typical Tuesday surrender - you would think we were in the heart of summer rather than the start of a new year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Why does the bbc takes so long to upload the bbc iplayer monthly pack they haven't even upload the november one which were due months ago
  • Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Does anyone happen to know the consolidated ratings for Silent Witness for the first couple of episodes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    It's becoming clear why Thunderbirds has been binned off to CITV now.
    Forum Member

Well we have not seen it yet - but if you looked at that pic without knowing what it is you would never think of Thunderbirds. As some are saying on twitter it looks more like a boyband. :)
    Forum Member
    Does anyone happen to know the consolidated ratings for Silent Witness for the first couple of episodes?

No we have not had them yet as our usual sources have not reported them.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its a cause of ITV taking one look at those CGI puppets and not wanting to show it.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it's a CG animated show, I don't get the complaints about it not being life like, it's not meant to be and these are only stills, we've yet to see any footage.

Plus people do realise that the show was commissioned by CITV and ITV, ITV must think the show is good to order 26 more episodes, you would not do that if you thought the show was a dud.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Considering it's a CG animated show, I don't get the complaints about it not being life like, it's not meant to be and these are only stills, we've yet to see any footage.

Plus people do realise that the show was commissioned by CITV and ITV, ITV must think the show is good to order 26 more episodes, you would not do that if you thought the show was a dud.

I would think it's more to help them make money from exporting the show. Doubt the ratings on ITV channels alone with justify the cost.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member

No wonder there was talk on here of ITV putting it on (aka hiding it away) at breakfast time. Post midnight might be more appropriate.

Early days but looking like a big opportunity lost. They may need to draft in Jonathan Frakes at this rate. :)

Despite the early renewal if this bombs who will be the first media source to headline - Thunderbirds are Gone.

Well that's the second childhood memory ITV have managed to ruin this week :D Seriously though, Citv (last time I checked) completely flounders behind cbbc and cbeebies so an original commission of this profile will help drive people to the channel (and hopefully kids too) so in that respect it doesn't matter what it rates as it serves it's purpose- However, for fans of the orginal and the cast they've assembled means an early evening slot trading on nostalgia would be silly not to try, at least for the first run- A 5.30 Thunderbirds/ 6 The Chase/ 7 BGT would work quite well, at least better than bond for the 956th time :p
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Warwick Davies announced on Mel and Sue that Celebrity Sqaures Is returning in the spring.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the bbc takes so long to upload the bbc iplayer monthly pack they haven't even upload the november one which were due months ago
    i'm assuming that the switch to a 28-day window has upset the apple cart somewhat!

K
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    i'm assuming that the switch to a 28-day window has upset the apple cart somewhat!

K

Thanks for posting the Spiral ratings the other day KennyT. The show has got off to a pretty good start in the 700k range. I think the other series have rated below 500k.
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Warwick Davies announced on Mel and Sue that Celebrity Sqaures Is returning in the spring.

I am sure BBC execs will be celebrating that news !! :D
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I am sure BBC execs will be celebrating that news !! :D

The return of a familiar flop show announced on a new flop show
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did we miss this? Scrappers is moving to BBC2. I think some BBC1 programmes should be considered for a move to BBC2 instead of the axe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/kim-shillinglaw-announces-new-commissions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »

I'm sure both viewers were ecstatic.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    How did we miss this? Scrappers is moving to BBC2. I think some BBC1 programmes should be considered for a move to BBC2 instead of the axe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/kim-shillinglaw-announces-new-commissions

I read it on here last week. By "we" you meant "I" then? :-)
This discussion has been closed.