Options

Speidi "us against them"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
its interesting to me to see how badly most people misinterpret what speidi are up to..
they are not premeditated..
they are reactionary..

firstly they came into this house with a reputation for being bad.. well that's how they felt.. they really believed they were known to be bad.. overinflated egos in reality because nobody in britain knew anything about them..

they didnt get into the glamour house immediately.. what a painful sting.. and they were able to specifically point to the culprit.. rylan.. frankie shrunk from that decision.. but rylan went on about sun and essex and los angeles.. then sent them to the basement.. spencer was upset with rylan.. he felt the people that sent all the housemates to the basement should have sacrificed themselves to the basement if given the opportunity.. whether or not spencer would have done the same is debatable.

that was the beginning of speidi's negative attitude.. its my opinion that had they not been forced into this horrible living experience to begin with we might have seen different behavior from the start.. they were really upset... no matter all the bluster about not caring etc.. they were upset.. it wasnt what they had seen before on bb and not what they expected..

next scenario is the task ryan ultimately performed.. bb made an us against them situation which speidi reacted to.. boycott a task beneficial to the other "team"... they didnt want to meet the "other team" either.. childish behavior but not mean.. not nasty.. not premeditated "evil" behavior.. simply childish and defensive "us against them" behavior..

then they get into the house.. they are relatively friendly while they acclimate themselves.. right after that they are nominated for eviction by everybody in the house.. everybody... partly due to rylan's slagging them off and revealing their vt where they said everyone seemed "weird"... typically nobody gets to see anybody else's intro vt.. but rylan was straight up stirring shit and outing these americans to everybody...

so if you're heidi and spencer you already feel like everybody is against you.. you become defensive.. they reverted back to their previous roles of "everybody is against us" as it was in the hills "reality" show...

they put on the act that they want to be evicted.. its a defense mechanism.. it also plays into character.. they "know" they're hated and go along with it.. they keep saying they want to be evicted.. deep down they do not.. but none of it is in their control...

the public saves them from the first eviction but bb knows they will be nominated again.. they are the easy prey.. they are the outsiders in this house.. they go down to the basement after faking a dramatic "leave"... then they see what they think has been happening all along.. the other housemates slagging them... this reinforces their insecure feelings.. even the people they didnt consider like lacey and waffle sam (i like them they listen to me... i dont like them they are boring) slag them... its us against them reinforced...

they come back into the house in relatively good spirits after slamming the housemates in the diary room.. slamming the housemates that slammed them... they come in smiling and laughing.. they werent about to create drama or start a fight.. rylan immediately launches into them getting in their faces and starts a big fight.. they feel he is fake.. their opinions.. he didnt like it and went on and on....

they mocked their relationship and how they dont show any pda... ryan makes it worse with an ill timed joke (it wasnt a joke it was a smarmy wiseass comment) which pissed off spencer.. cant win for losing.. spencer shows his teeth.. razor gets up and physically threatens him.. us against them....

eventually this all calms down.. they get along with the rest of the house.. but deep inside those feelings persist.. they likely still want to leave no matter what they say.. they arent comfortable in a house where everybody wants them to leave.. everybody once again nominates them... once again they are saved by the public.. defiantly they say "we're gonna win"...

they havent been playing a game at this point they are simply reacting to events of the house... but now they must realize the public wants them to stay.. they feel like everyone is against them.. they know the public has been watching them.. every time they are asked questions about other housemates they give their opinion at the time.. however they feel at the moment is how they react... at times they feel good.. and accepted.. for them its a moment of weakness.. they are a bit wary of the housemates and assume they are getting slagged in private.. they are insecure people used to being slagged.. justifiable or not...

just when they are feeling comfortable bb throws a wrinkle by interviewing them for the public.. they play the part they feel the public has enjoyed and say bad things about the other housemates... the housemates that have slagged them and unanimously nominated them back to back.. they owe nothing to these housemates.. they must feel that these questioners are on their side so they ham up the responses to the target audience..

it is revealed to them that they have been fooled by bb.. they are then called out for their answers by the housemates.. rylan mostly and he once again launches into them.. he is the star of the show and he again turns everyone against them..

if you're speidi and already have an "us against them" mentality you dont have much choice but to sink back into your comfort zone.. each other...

everything that happens after that is simply us against them.. you dont like us.. you want us out.. you're slagging us behind our backs.. nothing contrived nothing premeditated.. simply defense mechanisms... they play into being considered reality pros when realistically they are not.. they were essentially actors in the hills.. it was 'scripted reality'... they dont know what they are doing.. they are simply playing the role they played in the hills.. everyone is against us...

the latest furor was created because bb is constantly trying to separate them.. no way.. you will not separate us.. we owe you nothing bb.. you screwed us twice already (the basement.. the fake interview).. we wont play along....

heidi clapping was not directed to claire.. she was in her own world inside her head and clapped as they always have when they are mentioned failing a task or being nominated.. she got called out aggressively by rylan so spencer came to her defense and defiantly clapped as well.. more directed at the pissed off rylan.. because he knows he can get under rylan's skin very easily.. us against them resumed... they didnt laugh at claire.. they were laughing at rylan who was losing his shit..

these arent two well thought out housemates intentionally creating problems for the house.. the problems arised due to circumstance and their relative weaknesses.. insecurity and persecution complex.

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I stopped reading after
    "they are not premeditated"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    To sum up, they are acting and being themselves simultaneously. Way to go! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great post. Thank you
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are a lot of big words in there.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too:o
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got to 'badly most people misinterpret' and gave up LOL!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Read on, finally someone who's not jumping on the Speidi hate bandwagon
  • Options
    itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first post, YawnUSA. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member

I smell bias. :p It's not a bandwagon, it's a Spidey-fence with people on one side of it pointing thumbs towards the ground.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you Speidi's agent?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No thanks.. I have my own opinion and it won't be swayed by their agent :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    There are a lot of big words in there.

I know.. Did you get help with them? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm just an american dork that watches the show.. reads the forums.. and always reads how misunderstood this pair are.. as if everything they do is done in a vacuum.. i dont care either way about them.. i just watch them.. their faces and reactions.. and when i constantly hear/read that people dont understand them.. i had to put my two cents in to maybe help people understand..

its irrelevant regardless what people read..
    perception is reality..
    if you dont like them you wont like them..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with much of your assessment, but I don't think they are totally reactionary and I do think some of their actions have been fairly unpleasant. I also don't agree with some of your assessment of Rylan (but then I wouldn't!!)
  • Options
    Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS, what are BetFred's odds on anyone actually reading all of that?
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Are you Speidi's agent?:)

I thought it was Spencers dad, after he needs them to win then he won't have to keep them anymore.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post OP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know.. Did you get help with them? ;)

I have to confess, I didn't read it either. You can have the wink back at you.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to confess, I didn't read it either. You can have the wink back at you.;)

I take that wink and raise you a :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YawnUSA wrote: »
    i'm just an american dork that watches the show.. reads the forums.. and always reads how misunderstood this pair are.. as if everything they do is done in a vacuum.. i dont care either way about them.. i just watch them.. their faces and reactions.. and when i constantly hear/read that people dont understand them.. i had to put my two cents in to maybe help people understand..

its irrelevant regardless what people read..
    perception is reality..
    if you dont like them you wont like them..

A serious question.. What do you watch this show on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take that wink and raise you a :)

I know this is a fake love in and I hate you really but I quite enjoy the conflict here, if it doesn't get out of hand.

If you tell anyone else, I will cry like Rylan.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Interesting take from the OP. Better than the so called professional psychologists on BBBOTS!

I think Spencer over-reacted to being sent to the basement and it was all downhill from there. It was like spencer had been told "grudges" make for good reality TV, so he developed a grudge against the others, but he completely overdid it and took it too far. It ended up seeming like fake emotions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is a fake love in and I hate you really but I quite enjoy the conflict here, if it doesn't get out of hand.

If you tell anyone else, I will cry like Rylan.:eek:

In the words of Rylan ... " I aint fake darlin" it was a genuine hand of friendship and like the Pratts you have seen it as a sign of weakness.. Shame on you ..we could of been such good friends.. I am happy for my friends opinions to be opposite from mine :(
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the words of Rylan ... " I aint fake darlin" it was a genuine hand of friendship and like the Pratts you have seen it as a sign of weakness.. Shame on you ..we could of been such good friends.. I am happy for my friends opinions to be opposite from mine :(

If you are going to have a punch up Betty, I'll hold ya coat.

;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A serious question.. What do you watch this show on?

there's someone on youtube that posts the main show, live show, and bots.. his account gets cancelled here and there so u have to follow him to another acct.. also there are to.rr.en.ts available for main show if the yt guy is too slow.