ED- Val and Eric's disappearance.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone know when Val and Eric last appeared? It feels like at least 3 months. :o Would like to see them back soon.

Comments

• lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that last night. Maybe they're just on a break or something. I miss Eric :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know they had a busy period early in the year what with Val's HIV diagnosis but it they have been very quiet ever since. Maybe Chris and Charlie are on a 3 month break or something that hasn't been announced ?
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may only be contracted to appear in so many episodes per year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe so, but the characters haven't even been mentioned.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss them too :( Come back!!
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Chittell (Eric) told someone on twitter they will be back in about 3/4 weeks time. I'm not sure if he means filming or on screen though? That tweet was sent about 3 days ago too.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually quite missing them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Eric, don't miss Val one bit the HIV ruined the character for me.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've forgotten that we haven't seen them :eek:
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Maybe so, but the characters haven't even been mentioned.

Completely agree with this Ice Breaker:)! It's a joke how someone as loud and in your face and nosing into everyones business such as Val suddenly isn't there for no apparent reason.

Has it really not been mentioned by anyone on screen where they've gone? I've missed a few ep's you see:blush:!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i forgot about them, so i haven/t missed them..better without them i think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Chittell (Eric) told someone on twitter they will be back in about 3/4 weeks time. I'm not sure if he means filming or on screen though? That tweet was sent about 3 days ago too.
    On screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with this Ice Breaker:)! It's a joke how someone as loud and in your face and nosing into everyones business such as Val suddenly isn't there for no apparent reason.

Has it really not been mentioned by anyone on screen where they've gone? I've missed a few ep's you see:blush:!

Diane mentioned Val a few days ago.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume Liz Estensen's issues (whatever they were?) are now sorted out?
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Diane mentioned Val a few days ago.

Oh I missed that:blush:! Did Diane say where she and Eric are meant to be, or are they just very busy at the B&B to come out ??:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I missed that:blush:! Did Diane say where she and Eric are meant to be, or are they just very busy at the B&B to come out ??:o
    No. I don't remember properly, but just (in passing) something like 'if Val was here' or 'good job Val's not here'. To do with Robert I think, or he was there at the time. I took 'here' to mean in the Woolpack.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i forgot about them, so i haven/t missed them..better without them i think

Totally agree.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    I'd completely forgotten about them them until this thread. :blush: For me, they're better in small doses anyway.. especially Val.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I'd completely forgotten about them them until this thread. :blush: For me, they're better in small doses anyway.. especially Val.

Quite.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not surprised that Val was taken off screen for a while after her disgraceful portrayal of an HIV patient. Not completely her fault, she acted the script she was given, but in a very nasty way. The storyline brought back all the myths and the stigma of the condition., putting the situation back years. I will be pleased to see Eric back and it will be interesting to see how he interacts with Lawrence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agreed with this, Mel. As small doses, as possible :-)
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

I love Val and Eric! I hope they're back soon. If anyone is getting too much screen time it's Megan. I wish she would go on a break.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree totally....
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Eric and Val to come back. I agree about Megan tho. I don't think she's needed on the show anymore, she doesn't serve a purpose she's just become annoying. There's nothing left for her.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I has forgotten about them too! but now I have been reminded I would like to see Eric back soon.............not Val though.:)