Options

What sort of dwelling do you live in?

blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Dad and me live in a small and cosy two bed ground floor flat, that is tucked away at the back of a nine flat block, and our front door is outside the path of all the general foot traffic in our block. This location is so quiet at times the only thing moving outside the block is the wind.

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second-floor one-bedroomed council flat, on the end of a terrace of two-floor semi-detached council maisonettes, each with an upstairs & downstairs flat on each side.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A small 2 bed cottage on the edge of a little village. We're surrounded by fields and trees, its rather lovely :).
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rock house.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    a very depressing ground floor flat with a really bad damp problem.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 4/5 Bed mid terraced House , Back garden and Garage ex Council. Close to the City Centre.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fifth floor council flat........2 bed, large lounge, kitchen, bathroom, bog, cubby hole

On the boundary of residential and business areas in central London......so quite quiet when the office blocks empty at night
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new build semi detached with conservatory and luxury kitchen.. On the edge of Liverpool right on the countryside ... Very pleasing
  • Options
    BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 bed, semi, in Brum
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Studio flat with mezzanine sleeping area and separate kitchen.
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late 1980s built 2 bedroomed ground floor flat. Decent size rooms and layout, quite well heat insulated but not well sound insulated.
    Although the landlord is a Housing Association, it's rented on a private shorthold tenancy basis.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 1970s mid terrace 3-bed house (I'm the middle one of 3 houses).
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a 4 bed house I inherited from a relative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    a very depressing ground floor flat with a really bad damp problem.

That would be you wee....d :D
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 bed deatached 1960's house, quite small but its just me. In need of updating and decorating but just cant stand the thought of the disruption it would cause. Have had anxiety for six months and coping with work is about all I manage these days.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    1960's 4 bed detached in a quiet village. Lovely outlook, medium sized garden ................having lived here for the past 26 years it is the longest I've lived anywhere.

We've often looked around locally at other properties and I guess it would make sense to downsize but - there really is 'no place like home'.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 2 bed bungalow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    A one bed cardboard box.
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 mid terrace reema house in a largish close of private owned and council properties
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My rented property is officially listed as a "one-bedroom, first-floor maisonette".
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    One bedroomed stone built cottage that used to be a stable. It doesn't smell of horses though and is rather delightful, with beautiful views.
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a large one-bedroomed, semi-detached new build (moved in just after it was completed in December '13). It has a nice little garden, a shed, and is situated in the backs of a little village on the outskirts of Cambridge. It's so peaceful here, and there's a bridleway that runs down the back of my house. Not many people use it, but several times I've heard horses going down there :), also there's lots of tweety birds. It's lovely.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A two-bedroomed semi-detached bungalow in a village with a large front garden and a garage.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three bedroom detached with integral garage.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    My parents' basement.
  • Options
    Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Detached bungalow, in a cul de sac, 16 homes, overlooking a small Lough (50 metres away) and a golf course