Can Anything Save This £20 Million Turkey of a Show?

15678911»

Comments

• penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    If you spent £22 million on a proven format and it didn't attract or keep viewers, are you not entitled to a refund?

To admit that changes must be made before the final of the first series has even taken place is shameful. I see that the final of The Apprentice airs on Sunday - what are the odds of it attracting the same number of viewers, or even more?

The final proof of the success/failure of The Voice will come when the winners song is released. Will it chart high after the weeks of publicity, or barely scrape the top 10? And what of the tour - £35 a ticket. I can see half empty venues and some shows being cancelled altogether.

The Voice started well with the viewers and the media singing its praises. Now, with viewing figures halved, the press are reflecting the lack of viewer interest. I hope any second series is a long way off.....

I have been saying for more than a week that this is a scandal. The example I gave is that if you bought an expensive car and then found out it didn't go, wouldn't you want your money back? But no, we get the preposterous de Mol bloke, who certainly knows a sucker when he sees one, saying he's inviting all the customers in to a seminar so that they can work out how to fix the car! Only in the entertainment industry would this be regarded as anything other than a complete scam.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    If you spent £22 million on a proven format and it didn't attract or keep viewers, are you not entitled to a refund?

To admit that changes must be made before the final of the first series has even taken place is shameful. I see that the final of The Apprentice airs on Sunday - what are the odds of it attracting the same number of viewers, or even more?

The final proof of the success/failure of The Voice will come when the winners song is released. Will it chart high after the weeks of publicity, or barely scrape the top 10? And what of the tour - £35 a ticket. I can see half empty venues and some shows being cancelled altogether.

The Voice started well with the viewers and the media singing its praises. Now, with viewing figures halved, the press are reflecting the lack of viewer interest. I hope any second series is a long way off.....

I cannot agree that the final proof of success or failure will be in the aftermath. The BBC is funded through the licence fee to provide broadcast entertainment. It is no part of it's remit to create stars or promote tours. If it does on the back of successful shows which have done what they are meant to do, i.e. provide entertainment to the viewers, then well enough. But they must always be sidelines, not the reason for being.