Reliable web hosting?

Hi,

I'm looking to build a website for my small business. I want to register a domain and I would like to use a site builder to help me create it.

I have seen some websites such as web.com and crezydomains but they have been getting very poor reviews.

Looking for a reliable service that includes

- Site builder to help me create my site
- Email included
- Any extras would be great

Not too bothered about the bandwidth as the business is fairly small.

What can you guys recommend?

Cheers,
Zak

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TSOHost.

Not sure about an out-n-out site builder but they certainly have a lot of one-click add-ons through c-panel.

Fact is they supply an excellent service and support. They have a lot of fans on here.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an alternative, you can get Microsoft Sharepoint as part of Office365. So you get hosting and a tool to build your own site. Sharepoint Online alone costs £2/user/month.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    This comes up all the time there are many threads on it.
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go for a host without a built-in site designer (and to be honest most of those site designers are complete crap, unless you go with someone like Squarespace which is many times more expensive than the average host) you could always give Google's new Web Designer software a go.

It's available for Windows and Mac OS X and while it's designed primarily for interactive (non-flash) ads it could work equally well for a full-on site.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    in respect of site builders there is a good discussion here:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892418

with regard to conventional hosting i like OVH. however a lot of people are moving to scalable cloud hosting like azure.
  • zcraftszcrafts Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    For domain registration you can go with 123 reg of Godaddy but for for hosting is you are looking for reliable service check out couple of host I have personally hosted my site and enjoying there service from more than 2 years are :

http://www.Webhost.uk.net
    http://www.Rshosting.Com

h
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Main thing to do is to make sure they back up the site or you have a copy of the site as some cheaper places don't include backing up of the users files just the system files so if the server your machine sits on dies they'll restore it back to pre failure but there will be no site
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone will have their favourites, but Pixel Internet hosts my web site, domain name and email, and they have quite a range of different "apps" (for want of a better word) for all sorts of purposes. I have been very happy with them and they are not that expensive, either,

They also have very responsive support if you have a problem.