Which is the best place to live Southampton, London or Tamworth?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
Forum Member
I am looking for a nice area with a great view ( a lake or river) great shopping area ( that is cheap)
I can't decide between Southampton, London and Tamworth

Comments

• clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    What a random selection of places.
  • maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    What a random selection of places.

Need to know why those places really.... But I would chose tamworth as its smallest
  • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southamptons not bad, I moved down here 4 years ago from West Yorkshire. From what I've seen though, all the places with the nice views aren't in the best areas!

London is far from cheap, and I can't comment on Tamworth. What about Birmingham? How did you come up with such a random selection??
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Is this a follow on from your,

'What's the best place to live, Derby or Kent'

thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Southamptons not bad, I moved down here 4 years ago from West Yorkshire. From what I've seen though, all the places with the nice views aren't in the best areas!

London is far from cheap, and I can't comment on Tamworth. What about Birmingham? How did you come up with such a random selection??

So would you choose Southampton? It's the only places i can think of with great views and cheap. Oh trust me the list was long
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    I'd go for Southampton, but be careful the area is ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a follow on from your,

'What's the best place to live, Derby or Kent'

thread.

Oh yea. I had to massively LOL that tamworth and London are part of the same thought pattern:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Oh yea. I had to massively LOL that tamworth and London are part of the same thought pattern:D:D:D

Why don't you **** off if you are not going help such a idiot
    Forum Member
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    I'd go for Southampton, but be careful the area is ok.

Thanks I will will have to look into the area's
  • Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So would you choose Southampton? It's the only places i can think of with great views and cheap. Oh trust me the list was long

Have you been to Southampton. Because a lot of places there don't have great views, and there are a lot of rough areas. I don't think it's that cheap, being down south either.
    Forum Member
    Have you been to Southampton. Because a lot of places there don't have great views, and there are a lot of rough areas. I don't think it's that cheap, being down south either.

I heard a lot of people say good things about it what places would you recomend?
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually prefer Portsmouth, you've got the views around the harbour. Chichester also has a harbour and is even prettier too.
    Forum Member
    If people are not going to help me out on this thread don't bother posting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people are not going to help me out on this thread don't bother posting

If that's referring to me, I was trying to help. And you won't get any help at all if you carry on like that. Learn some manners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you **** off if you are not going help such a idiot

I am trying to help such a idiot, he won't accept my help though!

Portsmouth and London are both expensive and a lot of Portsmouth is rough. Tamworth is pretty much a dive. Why don't you actually do some proper research rather than just sticking a pin in a map of the uk?
    Forum Member
    If that's referring to me, I was trying to help. And you won't get any help at all if you carry on like that. Learn some manners.

No it wasn't towards you it was to some idiot's on here not helping
    Forum Member
    I am trying to help such a idiot, he won't accept my help though!

Portsmouth and London are both expensive and a lot of Portsmouth is rough. Tamworth is pretty much a dive. Why don't you actually do some proper research rather than just sticking a pin in a map of the uk?

Where did i say Portsmouth on the thread i said Southampton you idiot and I have done my reach but I wanted people's advice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it wasn't towards you it was to some idiot's on here not helping

Ok in that case I apologise. Continue. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did i say Portsmouth on the thread i said Southampton you idiot and I have done my reach but I wanted people's advice

Portsmouth/Southampton, they're both pretty rough mate. If you can't afford to move someone decent with nice views, you need to re-think your budget and/or location.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portsmouth/Southampton, they're both pretty rough mate. If you can't afford to move someone decent with nice views, you need to re-think your budget and/or location.

See I don't think that's really fair; both have nice areas where you can get a decent apartment with views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I don't think that's really fair; both have nice areas where you can get a decent apartment with views.

Yes, you definitely would be able to, but they wouldn't be cheap and that's in the OP's brief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you definitely would be able to, but they wouldn't be cheap and that's in the OP's brief.

Ah I see.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manchester has cheap areas with views of the ship canal and the pennines and only a stone's throw from the trafford centre... does that not tick all the boxes?

Admittedly, some of the areas are rough...

(Similar could be said of places in Liverpool/the Wirral... Newcastle... or how about Chester? Or York?)
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Manchester has cheap areas with views of the ship canal and the pennines and only a stone's throw from the trafford centre... does that not tick all the boxes?

Admittedly, some of the areas are rough...

(Similar could be said of places in Liverpool/the Wirral... Newcastle... or how about Chester? Or York?)

I have been to Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and didn't like it don't like the North sorry to say
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been to Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and didn't like it don't like the North sorry to say

I've lived in five of the six places mentioned, North and South. Little to no difference between them all. Tamworth is considered North by many, I certainly wouldn't class it as the south!
This discussion has been closed.