Football League TV Fixtures 2014/2015

Comments

• Chris155auChris155au Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    They can. :confused::confused::confused:

Are you confused at why I asked the question or confused at why they DON'T broadcast every game on a Sunday?
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confused that you asked the question. The games can be shown on a Sunday, but Sky usually choose to show Football League games on Friday nights and Saturday lunchtimes. They can show 55 championship games a season and have to show each team at home once (which they have already picked the matches for this season.) They can also show 20 games combined from Leagues 1 and 2. They also show the playoffs and games from the League Cup and the Football League Trophy.

The confusion comes because Football League clubs hardly play on a Sunday (unless it has being moved for TV.)
  • Chris155auChris155au Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Confused that you asked the question. The games can be shown on a Sunday, but Sky usually choose to show Football League games on Friday nights and Saturday lunchtimes. They can show 55 championship games a season and have to show each team at home once (which they have already picked the matches for this season.) They can also show 20 games combined from Leagues 1 and 2. They also show the playoffs and games from the League Cup and the Football League Trophy.

The confusion comes because Football League clubs hardly play on a Sunday (unless it has being moved for TV.)

Haha, I've just discovered this is a Football League thread. I thought it was for ALL football fixtures. My question was why they can't show all Sunday Premier League games, i.e, the relatively big game of Tottenham v Newcastle last Sunday.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    Another game drip fed to us. Nottingham Forest v Birmingham - Sunday 28th December, kick-off 12pm.

All Remaining January PL fixtures announced in one go this afternoon

The Drip feed starts again

Sat 17th Jan Derby v Nottingham Forest 12.15pm
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike the Premier League are Football League games drip fed, so you dont get nothing matches
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,873
    Forum Member
    Luton v Shrewsbury - Thursday 8th January - 7:45pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Luton v Shrewsbury - Thursday 8th January - 7:45pm

Love Watching Lyton games especially when they arevplaying at home, Love Kenilworth Road think its cause it is unsual, especially the stand which has the chalets
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Chris155au wrote: »
    Haha, I've just discovered this is a Football League thread. I thought it was for ALL football fixtures. My question was why they can't show all Sunday Premier League games, i.e, the relatively big game of Tottenham v Newcastle last Sunday.

If only the thread title was clearer.

It wasn't shown because it wasn't selected by Sky or BT, pretty simple really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat 10th Jan Ipswich Town v Derby County. 12:15
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,079
    Forum Member
    Plenty of live games for Derby so far this season. I think upto and including that Ipswich game they're on something like 8 times, including 5 times in about a month (Dec 13th to Jan 17th, 6 times if you include the Chelsea cup game) with 3 league games in a row live on Sky. Obviously they're doing well this season and are a well supported/relatively biggish club, but 5 out of 6 league games being live on Sky does seem a little excessive. Even Leeds (who usually get shown more than any other team I think) don't get 3 in a row or 5 out of 6 shown live (though Leeds aren't usually fighting for promotion/playoffs).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This shows that the Premier League have got it correct with their Maximum Quotas

In the Championship there is nothing to stop Sky showing Derby every week now !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Coventry v Swindon will now be played on Monday 12th Jan 2015 at 7:45pm and be shown live on Sky
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    This shows that the Premier League have got it correct with their Maximum Quotas

In the Championship there is nothing to stop Sky showing Derby every week now !!!

Yes, because that's what will happen....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STFCFAN1 wrote: »
    Coventry v Swindon will now be played on Monday 12th Jan 2015 at 7:45pm and be shown live on Sky

FA Cup Replay week and they are both out of the Cup already !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football League have announced the Three Leagues will happen seprately on the Final weekend.

Does that mean we could get a game live from each Division.

Saturday Lunchtime League 2
    Saturday Teatine League 1
    Sunday Lunchtime Championship maybe

Also Vanishing Spray will be used in Football League from Jan 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No League 2 will be allowed at the announced times
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No League 2 will be allowed at the announced times

You cant see them all being on at times available for TV then
  • 1066simon1066simon Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Plenty of live games for Derby so far this season. I think upto and including that Ipswich game they're on something like 8 times, including 5 times in about a month (Dec 13th to Jan 17th, 6 times if you include the Chelsea cup game) with 3 league games in a row live on Sky. Obviously they're doing well this season and are a well supported/relatively biggish club, but 5 out of 6 league games being live on Sky does seem a little excessive. Even Leeds (who usually get shown more than any other team I think) don't get 3 in a row or 5 out of 6 shown live (though Leeds aren't usually fighting for promotion/playoffs).

That's because we are THE team to watch. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cant see them all being on at times available for TV then

To be fair all matches in each division will kick off at the same time regardless of how many will be on TV

I think it will be like this

Sat 12:15 2 Championship on TV remaining covered on Soccer Saturday

Sat 15:00 All 12 League 2 games covered on Soccer Saturday(along with Premier League)

Sun 12:15 One League 1 game on TV with other 11 non televised

Sun 13:30 Normal Super Sunday 2 Premier League Games
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,079
    Forum Member
    Sun 12:15 One League 1 game on TV with other 11 non televised

Sun 13:30 Normal Super Sunday 2 Premier League Games

Can't see the FL being too happy with that suggestion. It's probably bad enough for them that all 12 games would clash with a Super Sunday game anyway.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see the FL being too happy with that suggestion. It's probably bad enough for them that all 12 games would clash with a Super Sunday game anyway.

It said in the paper yesterday that the Championship will all be at 12.45 on the Saturday, League One at 3pm on the Saturday and League Two at 3pm on the Sunday. I don't see why the Football League would complain given almost all their matches are shown at the same time as Premier League matches anyway, and before they moved to the Saturday, it was quite common the last round of Championship fixtures would be at the same time as a Premier League game, with Sky showing both.
  • seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It said in the paper yesterday that the Championship will all be at 12.45 on the Saturday, League One at 3pm on the Saturday and League Two at 3pm on the Sunday. I don't see why the Football League would complain given almost all their matches are shown at the same time as Premier League matches anyway, and before they moved to the Saturday, it was quite common the last round of Championship fixtures would be at the same time as a Premier League game, with Sky showing both.

I thought the times were Championship 12.15pm, League 1 3pm then League 2 12.15pm Sunday. Which suggested to me they may reserve a TV game for potential last day League 2 drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are the times from the League your paper is mis informed
    To be fair all matches in each division will kick off at the same time regardless of how many will be on TV

I think it will be like this

Sat 12:15 2 Championship on TV remaining covered on Soccer Saturday

Sat 15:00 All 12 League 2 games covered on Soccer Saturday(along with Premier League)

Sun 12:15 League 1 game
  • Big_RodgerBig_Rodger Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    No respect or consideration for true fans again from SKY today

Announced Brentford v Boro MAY be shown on SKY LIVE on Sat 31st January @ 12.15pm.

Loads of Boro fans have already bought cheap train tickets to Kings Cross, for a 3pm kick off !!!

Even worse now, Sky won't make a definite decision until 18th December...WTF is all that about !!!!

For those Boro fans who haven't sorted trains out yet, why can't SKY make a final decision now.............or ideally it should have been 3 weeks ago before the cheap train tickets first went on sale ?
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big_Rodger wrote: »
    No respect or consideration for true fans again from SKY today

Announced Brentford v Boro MAY be shown on SKY LIVE on Sat 31st January @ 12.15pm.

Loads of Boro fans have already bought cheap train tickets to Kings Cross, for a 3pm kick off !!!

Even worse now, Sky won't make a definite decision until 18th December...WTF is all that about !!!!

For those Boro fans who haven't sorted trains out yet, why can't SKY make a final decision now.............or ideally it should have been 3 weeks ago before the cheap train tickets first went on sale ?

So you're complaining about a televised fixture bring announced over 6 weeks in advance? That's plenty of time in my book.