'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 111)

Comments

• heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant

Not at all - you know I agree with you. And it is too sad when we begin to feel this way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I have just finished my letter to Marc :eek: All I need to do now is copy it by hand.... and post it. OMG... I'm sure it's much too long and too cheesy and... Well, I've tried hard to sound like an adult, but.. :o
    I found myself wanting to use smilies... esp. this one : :o and this one :rolleyes:

Right... bear with my while I get my pen out... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    I have just finished my letter to Marc :eek: All I need to do now is copy it by hand.... and post it. OMG... I'm sure it's much too long and too cheesy and... Well, I've tried hard to sound like an adult, but.. :o
    I found myself wanting to use smilies... esp. this one : :o and this one :rolleyes:

hahaha :D good luck, I'm sure it's a great letter! :D
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »

Sure it is a brilliant letter hun :) Think how happy you'll be when you get a reply!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    Morning!

These...if it's what we think I just really despair, if we think Corrie are in a race for a CP then this kind of smacks of something similar to me.
    Syed and Amira's baby turning up is one thing and the boys shocked, coping and turning out to be loving dads or just having the knowledege that Syed is a dad and not having the baby could make them think that way in time. But at this stage in their relationship to consider surrogacy already...urghh!! With all the stories they could do with them this is the first big one they can think of?
    Why on earth does Christian then think Syed would want Roxy as the mother of his and Christian's child...a constant in both their lives. She openly dislikes Syed. Even if she has a change of heart because of the way Syed forgives Christian over NY if I was Syed I'd want to keep her at a distance. She might have a change of heart but I wouldn't! Really Roxy in your babies gene pool? No thanks! The little mite would be spiking all the beakers at mother and toddlers.

I really hope it doesn't happen and they get back to some properly thought out and decent material for the boys instead of this 'what can we do with them next?' type of thing. There's so much in their story already that they haven't even touched or hardly touched...or just skimmed over. I'd like to see Syed in his new job....Christian coping with a sprained ankle, Syed getting hassle from fellow muslims...Tamwar sneaking Kamil over...age concerns , different interests...more Yusef... Amira's baby news...more Masood family involved drama and the Beale's lots of things before surrogacy.:(
    It's like them being together isn't enough... more flipping enriching they don't need!
    Just urgh!:(...please let this be a blip and they rethink for a while.

Oh I agree sooo much with this!! So much to explore that doesn't involve babies. There is more to life believe it or not......:D You'd think with the Kat/Ronnie s/l they'd want to steer away from this wouldn't you?

Have just warned my sister in law about tonight's episode so my young nieces don't watch it. I think they will be very upset. Also told her about C kissing random piper - she's upset about THAT!!! :mad::mad:
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    It's the third year she has been there for new years, she loves it :D She asked what I was doing for new years....she didn't think staying in watching EE was very exciting!!! :o:D....she said next year I should go visit her in Sydney!! :D

You should go! I bet it would be amazing :D My friend is in Australia for work experience, I should go wish her a Happy New Year :)
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    OT....Just spoke to my sister, she saw the new year in by Sydney harbour bridge watching the fireworks!!! :)............/not jealous :sleep::o:D

Wow, bet that was amazing!!!

And there's me stuck at home tonight with just a bottle of wine and some chocolate for company *sobs* :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And there's me stuck at home tonight with just a bottle of wine and some chocolate for company *sobs* :cry:

Don't worry...I'm the same!!! :) On my own at home, TV, thread and chocolate!!! :):D
    Forum Member
    Don't worry...I'm the same!!! :) On my own at home, TV, thread and chocolate!!! :):D

Yay, that's me too!!! :) Well, I won't be home alone cos my mum's here but she's in bed with the flu so it will just be me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, that's me too!!! :) Well, I won't be home alone cos my mum's here but she's in bed with the flu so it will just be me :(

Aaawww:(...hope your Mum gets better soon :) xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wish I was home alone :( But I will probably have chocolate and TV and hopefully thread and EE :)
    Forum Member
    Aaawww:(...hope your Mum gets better soon :) xxx

Thanks hun :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me to. Can't think of a better way to spend new year :D:D:D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me to. Can't think of a better way to spend new year :D:D:D;)

With Ellitridge would probably be better :sleep::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant

Another amazing post and one I have to agree with. Token background gays just about sums it up. While I was sorting my clips yesterday it brought it home to me how lucky we were in early Chryed days - leading right up the Chryed week after the reunion. Since then we have been feeding on crumbs tossed to us by BK hoping we'll stay loyal to EE (but does he care?) And now a sensationalist s/l - starting off with a ridiclous kiss tonight - why the hell would Chryed spend their first NYE apart I ask you? Totally ridiculous. They would be at home together enjoying each others company after all they've been through.

It's obviously a very feeble way of introducing the baby :mad: for Chryed storyline. Let's have a CP first - that would be much more realistic IMO. There's all the Amira stuff - baby - to get out of the way, a divorce for Syed - more religious issues.

I still adore Chryed and haven't given up on them. I never will until one or both of them leave hopefully to go to Hebden Bridge in their tooshortshorts but I am desperate for them to be given a more balanced screen time. /rant from me over too!

We have to believe that it's Chryed together til the end of time! :D:D

Off to see Harry Potter now early so I can see EE live - how sad is that? My hubby deserves a *good husband* badge!! He wanted to eat out afterwards but I pulled a face and he said _'EastEnders?' Not wrong there then!!:D:D How can I give up on our boys when they even dominate my life on NYE???:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon ..... :)

Got myself stocked up for later ...Wine, Chocolate etc.

Debating whether to watch last years NYE/ NYD episodes ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardchoile wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not a member of BK's storyline team? Sounds exactly like their way of thinking to me.

I just don't like Roxy at all - she's a horrible woman - and the idea of her infecting Chryed makes me feel rather vomitous.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Roxy. I just can't warm to her at all! The thought of her being permanently a part of the boys life in this way makes want to be sick.
    JoanneK wrote: »
    I keep reading everyone's posts and changing my mind all the time...I'm so desperate for screen time, but I do want a decent storyline as well.

I've been a bit like this too, but on the whole I think I'm coming down on the side of I hate it! Just reading the discussion of all the things that have been missed, or glossed over or just plain ignore - it's criminal! It makes the baby SL seem like even more of a cop out. I think gay surrogacy/adoption SLs could be good, and are important to see, but just not for our boys now. And definitely not with Poxy involved.

One thing I will say, is that after our brush with infidelity tonight, I would prefer this over a full blown affair SL. I just don't understand why these are the only two options :confused:
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Guys can you all vote for EastEnders in this poll

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1417249

Be good to end the year on a high for EE as DS has been really negative about the show recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditzy Lady wrote: »

Afternoon :D
    I'm going to watch last years NYE/NYD sometime this week :)
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member

Afternoon! :) I think I may watch last years NYE/NYD later... so much better than they will be this year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Be good to end the year on a high for EE as DS has been really negative about the show recently.

Done :D
    Thanks for the link :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still catching up but my ramblings - I don't think the surrogacy thing would be too bad if handled right :rolleyes: it may actually improve the relationship between her and Syed if it happens. It would be at least 9 months before a baby appeared unless they threw in the ready made one along the way! Still means screentime and hopefully maybe addressing some of the other issues that they appear to have forgotton about - Syed and his family for a start!!

Not entirely sure of Roxy's motives would be to make this offer but watching some of the older scenes between her and Christian recently - they have had a pretty intense relationship almost from when he arrived - they have been through a lot and have had some great scenes together - till Syed and what I think is jealousy and a little selfishness on her part - maybe she actually does do it for them and not for herself - seeing that what happens with the stupid piper doesn't split them up and they overcome it - maybe she realises that he is with Syed and that's that??! I don't know just my ramblings probably just don't make much sense i'm rubbish at this!!
    Forum Member

Voted :)

I only watch EE anyway lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SamSanti wrote: »
    I wish I was home alone :( But I will probably have chocolate and TV and hopefully thread and EE :)

I now actually wish I had chosen this option.. instead of going out to dinner with my parents at friends of theirs... :rolleyes: being the third, or fifth wheel on the wagon all NYE is not something I particularly look forward to... but well... :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Afternoon hun :) I think I will watch the eps at some point this week :) Just wathcing some of the revealed ep and them talking about it.....the eps were so amazing :) I hope the boys get writing and stroytelling as wonderful as that again soon :)
This discussion has been closed.