The Attic Café

Comments

• TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elimination spoiler below:

Mark and Ashley in the dance-off. Mark out.
  • ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,455
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the show on Saturday and liked all the dances but my favourite was Patrick and Anya's Charleston, great choreography and I liked the band's version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang .... have watched it several times since Saturday

Natalie - enjoyed this too and her dress was lovely but had to have the sound turned down, also, why does Artem choreograph a routine with so little in hold when he must know Len will give them lower marks :confused:

Mark - quite a lot of samba content and he danced it as well as he could but it was his time to go, I wonder if Brendan (for instance) had to dance to that song, would he wear an outfit like Mark's, I don't think so somehow, anyway Mark and Iveta are a lovely couple

Sophie - great routine but undermarked imo

Abbey - another great routine but have to admit to watching Aljaz most of the time and found the other dancers a bit distracting too

Ashley - his son is so sweet :) I think Ashley danced well and I liked Ola with dark hair, I don't watch Hollyoaks so can anyone tell me what sort of character he plays, is he a good guy ?

Susanna - I liked this but the music was too fast for her, I do like Kevin though and his laugh

I wonder if this series has lost a bit of *sparkle* because Vincent, Flavia and Erin aren't taking part ... really miss them :(
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby-Tuesday and others appreciative of poetry: I've come across a poem which chimes with my thoughts on dance as I am usually left unstirred by dances perceived as perfect and conversely am moved by dancing executed with great effort and courage by someone with a genuinely caring personality.....and yes, Ben does fit these criteria for me. :)

http://thegemcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/poemsdance00dickgoog_0069.jpg
  • anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yikes!:eek:

I hope it not just me being late to the game (as usual), but somewhere between page 1 and page 2 of a thread on the Strictly MF there was a complete redecoration of the DS Forums and... I feel a little like I just stepped through the looking glass. :confused::eek::o

Colours! Shades of grey! Rearrangement! Oh MY!:D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm..."modernised", I presume! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I preferred the terribly old-fashioned. ;);)

:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm..."modernised", I presume! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I preferred the terribly old-fashioned. ;);)

Same here Korky, I think they were going for '50 shades of grey' but got '5 shades of grey' instead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful, isn't it?! Two people out of all the posts I've read like it. Let's hope it's thought out again - or better still reverts to its previous incarnation. :(:(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    the bankers choir have got a bit of work to do!!
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surprizing bunch,especially the soloist.I was also interested in the woman he first met who sounded like she was trying to,oh I dunno,sing soul,but later admitted singing at catholic school and demonstrated a more 'classical' style.

Then I watched for the first time our Skybox recording of week 3,the Sainsburys lot and got quite moist-eyed listening to Alex sing and her back-story :blush:

Very pleased to hear the choirs will be tackling a classic for the final.

Now,just got to catch up with the firefighters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Surprizing bunch,especially the soloist.I was also interested in the woman he first met who sounded like she was trying to,oh I dunno,sing soul,but later admitted singing at catholic school and demonstrated a more 'classical' style.

Then I watched for the first time our Skybox recording of week 3,the Sainsburys lot and got quite moist-eyed listening to Alex sing and her back-story :blush:

Very pleased to hear the choirs will be tackling a classic for the final.

Now,just got to catch up with the firefighters.

The fire-fighters are awesome, or they were with that song anyway! :D I ended up being quite fond of the city bank choir, but that's probably the way that production company makes its programmes, that's why Gareth got involved with them in the first place because they were very positive.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/video/strictly-come-dancing-omg-sneaks-135613827.html

Found this link - quite interesting interview with a few celebs and a few familiar faces walking around in the background.
    Forum Member
    Ruby-Tuesday and others appreciative of poetry: I've come across a poem which chimes with my thoughts on dance as I am usually left unstirred by dances perceived as perfect and conversely am moved by dancing executed with great effort and courage by someone with a genuinely caring personality.....and yes, Ben does fit these criteria for me. :)

http://thegemcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/poemsdance00dickgoog_0069.jpg

completely agree with the bib, thank you Korky, this poem is lovely *the perfect dance needs music sweet* indeed, am hoping for more traditional music on Saturday, I do like watching Natalie and Artem but someone like Mark, for instance, put such a lot of effort into his dancing

so did I, I don't like this at all .... am feeling quite dizzy :(

they were better than I expected although I thought Gareth had made a mistake when he chose the soloist but he sang with a lot of emotion, so far, though, the firefighters choir are my favourites, Gareth is a superb choir master isn't he, the way he can extract amazing sounds from people who've never sung before is a joy to see :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested (and I'm not) in who has been eliminated tonight in the dance-off.....
    Ashley vs. Patrick - Ashley out.
    Forum Member

thanks Amy, much appreciated, I also loved Patrick and Anya's Charleston and have watched it several times
    For anyone interested (and I'm not) in who has been eliminated tonight in the dance-off.....
    Ashley vs. Patrick - Ashley out.

I wasn't happy about Ashley leaving on Saturday and think it should have been Susanna as she made mistakes in her dance :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else feel that the cast of SCD 2013 has been underwhelming in the extreme, often bordering on the boring (apart from Ben, of course, and to a lesser extent Mark)? I think these two had humanity, presence and humour and brought warmth to the programme. Ben was the only one who moved me, anyway, with his dancing, his effort and his sincerity.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else feel that the cast of SCD 2013 has been underwhelming in the extreme, often bordering on the boring (apart from Ben, of course, and to a lesser extent Mark)? I think these two had humanity, presence and humour and brought warmth to the programme. Ben was the only one who moved me, anyway, with his dancing, his effort and his sincerity.

Quiet in here today isn't it, maybe everyone's doing Christmas shopping :confused:

I've liked all the celebrities this year and don't think they're bordering on the boring, I haven't got a favourite whereas last year I had two favourites so was probably more involved with the show, but I have enjoyed all the dances, from the sublime to the ridiculous :o am also missing Vincent, Flavia and Erin so perhaps the show has lost a bit of sparkle and it will take time to get to know the new pros, but I like Kevin very much and the way he laughs. By the way is anyone else getting a bright blue screen when they click on new threads?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quiet in here today isn't it, maybe everyone's doing Christmas shopping :confused:

I've liked all the celebrities this year and don't think they're bordering on the boring, I haven't got a favourite whereas last year I had two favourites so was probably more involved with the show, but I have enjoyed all the dances, from the sublime to the ridiculous :o am also missing Vincent, Flavia and Erin so perhaps the show has lost a bit of sparkle and it will take time to get to know the new pros, but I like Kevin very much and the way he laughs. By the way is anyone else getting a bright blue screen when they click on new threads?

Well, I hope we can agree to differ on the mediocrity or otherwise of the cast. I actually like a difference of opinion: it makes life more interesting. Can't stand intolerance.

Yes, I find the blue screen nice and restful to the eyes (albeit only momentarily) after the glare of the new backgrounds, but then I am very light-sensitive.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Random ramblings.... Aljaz looks dead cute in formal attire... and he is adorable in a young 'un sort of way... And my oh my... Patrick doing Lord Sugar cracks me up... Loved Anton too.... :D

Strictly Does Apprentice

(Pity there was no Pash in it... :(:cry:))
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    Spoiler in :(
    Patrick out after D/O with Natalie :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Spoiler in :(
    Patrick out after D/O with Natalie :(

None of this surprises me. It's been the most contentious season I've seen since watching the show. Artem and Nat's AT was beautifully done.
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    None of this surprises me. It's been the most contentious season I've seen since watching the show. Artem and Nat's AT was beautifully done.

For the first time tonight I liked both of Nartem's routines... loved Patrick's waltz, Sophie's AS was ok, Susanna's dances were ok but loved both of Abbey's dances... :)
    TBH I am almost happy with the way things have turned out...but also sad for the person who has been voted out tonight :(:cry:
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..... Ben was the only one who moved me, anyway, with his dancing, his effort and his sincerity.

But was he as 'fit' as Louis?
    Jeez,what will you do next year if they can't find a bit of man-meat?