Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    Matthew made a shambles of the end of the paper review this morning.
    After telling Carol she needed to be quick with the final two stories, he whiningly insisted she give every detail of a story about a carp that had gone missing in the floods and had later been found.
    When she tried to just give the basic info, he took over and related the whole story which took at least twice as long.
    All because it was a story about fish.

Definitely worth getting bothered about enough to offer us your negatively critique, that moment. Come on, it's just a bit of messing about. Cheer up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO gutted Neil Stuke is on all week next week. Man's an arrogant self-involved monster if his last week-long appearance was anything to go by.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to google to see who Neil Stuke is ...... the guy who does something in Silk. Never watch it, so don't know him, so will reserve judgement.

Whether the Wright Stuff is good or bad depends almost entirely on the panellists. Though I've nothing specific against Dominic H or Carol McG, I certain l don't think they did any favours to this weeks show as most days it seemed heavy going and boring. To be fair, I didn't all of any of the shows - up to and including the papers review was as much as I could stand!
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    After telling Carol she needed to be quick with the final two stories, he whiningly insisted she give every detail of a story about a carp that had gone missing in the floods and had later been found.
    When she tried to just give the basic info, he took over and related the whole story which took at least twice as long.

I didn't realise he had such a fish obsession. It explains his concern yesterday for the welfare of the fish on Noah's Ark.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    SO gutted Neil Stuke is on all week next week. Man's an arrogant self-involved monster if his last week-long appearance was anything to go by.

And a terrible actor, if his performance in Silk is anything to go by!

Enjoyed this week with Carol McGiffin. Put her on more often. So much better than whiney Janet Ellis.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does come up *a lot* with Dominic, although actually if memory serves the last time he was on the panel (before this week) it was almost as if a pact had been made to not mention Tom Holland once.

No such pact this week.

"On the panel this week, father of a lad who's been in a movie, as if that reflects on him in some way, it's Dominic Holland!"

Must wash over me, a big meh to me
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.

And with Nadine Dorries, too.

Although some posters will think that Christmas has come early, with Jim Davidson also due to feature next week.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with this^^ Matthew made a big point about keeping it short and then rambled on about the ruddy fish. >:(
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm led to believe from the posts in this thread that Dominic Holland's son is more famous than he is, I assume based on what Dominic himself has said?

But who is Tom Holland? The name doesn't make any face spring to mind. What has he been in? Is he really famous?
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    No, surprisingly. Silk, Bear who thought he was human, Freddie Flintoff`s new Sky show and a couple of others I`ve instantly forgotten.

Thanks. I thought it was the end of the show so deleted it. :o
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm led to believe from the posts in this thread that Dominic Holland's son is more famous than he is, I assume based on what Dominic himself has said?

But who is Tom Holland? The name doesn't make any face spring to mind. What has he been in? Is he really famous?

No, he isn't really famous at all, that's kind of the point. He's probably more famous in the mind of Dominic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really but he'sprobably earned more from the 5 or 6 films he's been in than his dad has in the past 10years. :D

IMDB shows what films he's been in but I've not seen any of them so I don't know if he's any good or not.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4043618/
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    No, he isn't really famous at all, that's kind of the point. He's probably more famous in the mind of Dominic.

It's only a matter of time till he gets a good part because a casting director mistakes him for the guy in Rev. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I noticed that too.
    Carol tried to get the story out quickly as Matthew had asked of her, but he kept interrupting her and stopping her from reading it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    And a terrible actor, if his performance in Silk is anything to go by!

Enjoyed this week with Carol McGiffin. Put her on more often. So much better than whiney Janet Ellis.

I do prefer Carol McGiffin on this than I do on Loose Women.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really but he'sprobably earned more from the 5 or 6 films he's been in than his dad has in the past 10years. :D

IMDB shows what films he's been in but I've not seen any of them so I don't know if he's any good or not.

When Dominic first mentioned Tom on TWS he was in Billy Elliot. According to Wiki he was in it for a couple of years.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Neil Stuke was in 'Game On' after Ben Chaplin left.
    With Samantha Janus.

He was good in that.
    It was really funny.

Well, I thought so.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Stuke and Dorries next week along with Jim bloody Davidson again. Expect much moaning and barbed digs at the Beeb for deservedly cancelling Silk.....

It was never my bag, but I thought it did well in the ratings, so I'm surprised they cancelled it.
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Thanks. I thought it was the end of the show so deleted it. :o

There's always DemandFive-HundredAdvertsBeforeEveryBloodyShowStarts ;)

Have I mentioned before how shit The Impossible is? If not, I'll mention it again ;)

I've never wanted a group of film characters to die so much. Whinging gets!
    Neil Stuke was in 'Game On' after Ben Chaplin left.
    With Samantha Janus.

He was good in that.
    It was really funny.

Well, I thought so.

I loved Game On. He was good as a replacement Matt. Even a bit of a different character at times, but it still worked. None of them seem to have aged over the years, either. 'Martin' also featured in Doctors fairly recently:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcAu4kRHI8

And Game On was the first time I saw Eddie Marsan in anything, as the criminal, Stoat.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And with Nadine Dorries, too.

Although some posters will think that Christmas has come early, with Jim Davidson also due to feature next week.

Thanks for the warning! Usually Sky+ The Wright Stuff so I can skip all the boring bits - think I'll remove it from list for next week - waste of electricity!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Stuke. The most arrogant guest I've ever witnessed on the panel. It's actually enough to make me consider finding something more constructive to do with my mornings this week, the man makes me angry just looking at his face. He might as well start every sentence with "We all know everyone's waiting for my opinion, and here it is:…"

Each to their own and all that! ;)
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil Stuke. The most arrogant guest I've ever witnessed on the panel. It's actually enough to make me consider finding something more constructive to do with my mornings this week, the man makes me angry just looking at his face. He might as well start every sentence with "We all know everyone's waiting for my opinion, and here it is:…"

Each to their own and all that! ;)

To me he does come across as quite smug.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed when Neil Stuke appeared, and I realised how odious he is. I really liked him as Matt in Game On, and some of his other stuff. Then he turns out to be deeply unpleasant in real life.
  • Options
    shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if I can last this week of TWS, Nadine and Neil are just too awful on their opposite sides!

Nadine gave an insane view on the Maria Miller story. She totally exonerated Maria by blaming the expenses system. They are separate issues. Many MP's claim their second homes and the buying of them as expenses. That is allowed. However Maria Miller used that to make profit for herself with some clever remortgaging trick. We paid for her to make profits that way. Other MP's did not do that with their homes on expenses. It's a bad system and let's the MP's claim insane things but also Maria Miller seems to have committed possibly criminal activities.

Nadine got caught out by claiming crazy things on expenses, there is a reason for her view on all this.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    There's always DemandFive-HundredAdvertsBeforeEveryBloodyShowStarts ;)

Demand Five is a bad joke. Ads drop in at random through the programme and TWS especially has bits hacked out of it so you miss the end of discussions/sentences as a matter of course. It is truly appaling, practically worthless really.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see how matthew shuts guests down on this new show after nadine dorris and her complaining today. The women is exonerating a miscreant who got away with a million

But nadine knows her dont you know
This discussion has been closed.