Dee vs. Edele

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
Forum Member
Many people have commented that Dee is caring and has shown a lot of compassion to others in the house. I think Edele has done so much more. She seems to reach out to the less popular housemates and shows a lot of patience and understanding when talking with them or about them (Gary and Frenchie).

Comments

• farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd heard Edele was a bit fiery and caused some problems at the big reunion thingy, maybe her domestic issues have mellowed her out a bit? I don't know but she definitely seems one of the nicer ones in there.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cee Bee wrote: »
    Many people have commented that Dee is caring and has shown a lot of compassion to others in the house. I think Edele has done so much more. She seems to reach out to the less popular housemates and shows a lot of patience and understanding when talking with them or about them (Gary and Frenchie).

You're quite right but she doesn't seem to get much airtime. In this house patience and understanding don't seem to count for much, you have to do the opposite to get airtime, sad:(
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    You're quite right but she doesn't seem to get much airtime. In this house patience and understanding don't seem to count for much, you have to do the opposite to get airtime, sad:(

Agree with you.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Edele. She's one of my faves at the mo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    I really like Edele. She's one of my faves at the mo.

Mine too:)
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire as well is nice to everyone and shows lots of patience with Gary, I thought she was doing sign language at first but it seems she does lots of hand gestures to emphasise her point when talking with Gary. She also speaks very slowly and clearly to him.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree OP, she seems very nice and I am sure she will come into her own as the numbers dwindle, problem is that there are a lot of big characters in there at the moment who are loud and brash and of course not forgetting the dullards who BB are trying hard to manufacture some sort of romance storyline, lets hope the dullards go soon ( Lauren, David, Ricci, Dee, Stephanie and George) I do hope we can see more of her character as I think she will have quite a bit to offer than what they have shown so far.:)
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see why they should be put against one another? If I think one shows a caring side, it doesn't mean that the other can't. I think they've both showed themselves to be patient and understanding with the other housmemates.

Whether people like Dee or not or believe shes is being 'false' or not, the fact remains that she has listened and supported quite a few of the housemates in there at their vulnerable times and also been there for people to talk to about their problems (be it superficial ones like Riccis love life, or Edeles feelings over her marriage break-up). Shes showed interest in them and given some good advice. The fact the housemates felt most comfortable with her and trusted her to share these moments with her, shows she connects with people and I'm sure if you had to ask quite a few housemates when they come out if she had helped them at their worst times or been a good support to them, they would say that she had.

Edele has shown herself to be caring and considerate too - she is patient with people and trys hard to understand where they're coming from. She tries harder than most to see the best in people rather the worst, which is a nice trait to have - and she also shows maturity in trying to deal with a drama rather than making it worse.
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Edele is coming across very well. Was not sure of her at first but the more I see of her in situations with the other housemates (the Frenchy meltdown for example) she has shown she can be very level headed, understanding and compassionate.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree.She is compassionate.Frenchy seems to have singled her out as someone to talk to.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I see Dee as poking her nose into other people's business. She seems to think that she has a role as a counsellor but her methods leave a lot to be desired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I see Dee as poking her nose into other people's business. She seems to think that she has a role as a counsellor but her methods leave a lot to be desired.

Self appointed mama of the group. I find her concern to be quite disingenuous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dee's patience is mainly with Kellie though whereas Edele is nicer generally, but I've missed a bit though so I could be wrong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dee's patience is mainly with Kellie though whereas Edele is nicer generally, but I've missed a bit though so I could be wrong

She is all over Kellie as she knows she is in the news,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I don't see why they should be put against one another? If I think one shows a caring side, it doesn't mean that the other can't. I think they've both showed themselves to be patient and understanding with the other housmemates.

Whether people like Dee or not or believe shes is being 'false' or not, the fact remains that she has listened and supported quite a few of the housemates in there at their vulnerable times and also been there for people to talk to about their problems (be it superficial ones like Riccis love life, or Edeles feelings over her marriage break-up). Shes showed interest in them and given some good advice. The fact the housemates felt most comfortable with her and trusted her to share these moments with her, shows she connects with people and I'm sure if you had to ask quite a few housemates when they come out if she had helped them at their worst times or been a good support to them, they would say that she had.

Edele has shown herself to be caring and considerate too - she is patient with people and trys hard to understand where they're coming from. She tries harder than most to see the best in people rather the worst, which is a nice trait to have - and she also shows maturity in trying to deal with a drama rather than making it worse.

Many people have lauded Dee for these very reason. I was suggesting that Edele has also "been there" for people in the house. In fact, she has been there for the less popular housemates and that takes courage; especially in a house where people are looking for reason to nominate one another. I feel Edele comes across as much more sincere. I don't know much about Dee. I've read what people have said here and some have linked to articles about her appropriating money from her workplace. I am basing my opinion of her on what I see. I think she seems calculated and disingenuous. Does anyone know if she is/was a fan of BB? Has she seen it before?
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people have lauded Dee for these vary reason. I was suggesting that Edele has also "been there" for people in the house. In fact, she has been there for the less popular housemates and that takes courage; especially in a house where people are looking for reason to nominate one another. I feel Edele comes across as much more sincere. I don't know much about Dee. I've read what people have said here and some have linked to articles about her appropriating money from her workplace. I am basing my opinion of her on what I see. I think she seems calculated and disingenuous. Does anyone know if she is/was a fan of BB? Has she seen it before?

Well I think both have been there for the housemates and helped them. One being seen as being supportive to the housemates, doesn't rule out another one as being as supportive or not. I think both are. I'm convinced there will be quite a lot of the housemates who will say that both Dee and Edele were there for them, helped them in the house and gave them good advice. Edele would say that of Dee and I'm sure Dee would say the same of Edele. They are both people who for whatever reason, the housemates trust and feel they are listened to, feel comfortable in opening up to and getting advice from. they have different skills and talents but do a supportive 'job' in different ways.

Whether you think they are only pretending to be caring or not is a matter of opinion, and we'll all have different views on that :) I personally haven't see anything yet from either of them to think that either of them are just pretending to be nice - in fact they come across as quite genuine to me and the housemates obviously feel the same or they wouldn't be going to them as much - so I'll give them both the benefit of the doubt till they prove me wrong!
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I don't see this as an either/or matter. I think each have demonstrate natural empathy. Not necessarily in the same way but I see them both as caring people.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

Really interesting that she's able to be nice and supportive to the ones who are the least popular in there - I think it shows she has her own mind and isn't part of any sheep-think that's going on.

I knew she looked familiar and finally remembered she was in B*witched ( :blush: ) but I had no preconceived notions about her whatsoever.

I like her so far.
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.

I think Dee likes to be seen as the maternal counsellor where Edele seems to naturally understand people and have the brains to analyse what's happened and the sensitivity to empathise and the guts to speak up for people when it's required.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    I agree.

I think Dee likes to be seen as the maternal counsellor where Edele seems to naturally understand people and have the brains to analyse what's happened and the sensitivity to empathise and the guts to speak up for people when it's required.
    That's the bit that I love the most.

Shows strength of character and I'm impressed.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people have lauded Dee for these vary reason. I was suggesting that Edele has also "been there" for people in the house. In fact, she has been there for the less popular housemates and that takes courage; especially in a house where people are looking for reason to nominate one another. I feel Edele comes across as much more sincere. I don't know much about Dee. I've read what people have said here and some have linked to articles about her appropriating money from her workplace. I am basing my opinion of her on what I see. I think she seems calculated and disingenuous. Does anyone know if she is/was a fan of BB? Has she seen it before?

Really? In what sense? (This is a friendly 'ask' just in case it comes across otherwise! :))

I think Dee seeing someone upset and going to comfort them is instinctive and part of her nature. She may not always give good or wise advice but I've haven't seen anything that points to a motivation other than wanting to just try and make things better/calm people down.

Re Edele, I think she's probably the nicest, most grounded, most decent, least showbizzy person in there.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, Edele and Claire have been the nicest ones in there so far
    How telling that they've both had the least amount airtime.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not know this person but what bit we see on the edits she appears likable. :)
  • vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glinny wrote: »
    Yes Edele is coming across very well. Was not sure of her at first but the more I see of her in situations with the other housemates (the Frenchy meltdown for example) she has shown she can be very level headed, understanding and compassionate.
    I like her and hope she stays so we can see more of her
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edele spends a lot of time repeating things to Gary so that he is not excluded

In fairness, James does that too