Paedophile ring preys on 50 school girls in West Yorkshire.

Comments

• Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    The lack of action and attitudes from the South Yorkshire police force and anyone else in the know over this shows just how awful corruption is in this country and that us "little people" are held in absolute contempt by the self-serving bastards who are meant to be protecting us.

It makes me so, so angry that they'll go after easy targets like celebrities over a certain age but leave those who are the most dangerous threat of all to roam freely on the streets because they are so cowardly they don't want to rock any boats. Rocking the boat is what the police force, social service, and anyone with government connections should be all about, FFS.

When did people become such snivelling little drips!

This whole thing has become too political. The damn burst on the celebrity stuff with Savile. Quite right. You were going to get new allegations coming forward but the basis of some of the court cases has been iffy. Trouble is there would be allegations of cover up if not pursued.

It is the political agenda behind some of it that is wrong. The McAlpine / BBC stuff was lefties obsessed with outing a Tory. You've got the fishing expeditions where it is clear they want to get someone so throw name to media before any arrest let alone charge. Worrying indeed.

As for this it is the Labour hypocrisy that is shocking. In press shouting about Maggie and 80's missing dossiers/cover ups. All the while they are doing it themselves NOW. 3 reports were surpressed and it seems many are still in denial.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    It comes to something when the underlying political agenda in your country leads to those in authority giving more time and importance to multiculturalism and diversity than they do to child rape.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    New labour were in power for 13 yrs.look at all the damage they did to this country with this political correctness stuff and what it has led to..trying to deflect..pin blame on one person wont do...also the victims should sue for millions..
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    They would say that wouldn't they. I think it maybe just another excuse for ignoring child abuse where children are vulnerable and have nobody to stick up for them.

And I am sure some of them have used it as an excuse too - but the report does talk of a serious bullying culture in the council... so it may be that there were genuine threats made to some lower level workers.
    Forum Member
    I understand there been only five arrests in these cases.

Are the Police and those in authority still scared to make a fuss about gangs of Pakistani men raping white children - or have things changed since this inquiry? If so I'd have expected a lot more arrests by now.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    There's a reference in the report to a detective saying that an 11 year-old wasn't abused (or possibly wasn't exploited, can't recall exactly) because the sex was "consensual", ffs.

Why on earth that officer was working in CSE with attitudes like that is beyond me.

Yet the perpetrator wasn't gone after and charged with having unlawful sex with a minor.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    New labour were in power for 13 yrs.look at all the damage they did to this country with this political correctness stuff and what it has led to..trying to deflect..pin blame on one person wont do...also the victims should sue for millions..

What damage? It hardly needs to be said that "political correctness" does not mean ignoring the abuse of children, and it would be ludicrous to suggest that New Labour would think that it did.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just shows that for decades if vulnerable children around the country have had no-one to stand up for them they're just invisible to the authorities.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

Trying to make political capital out of this is not going to get us anywhere. This kind of widespread abuse started long before New Labour.
    Political correctness may well have been a contributing factor here, and those responsible should admit that. But PC and race relations had nothing to do with the countless other organised paedophile rings that existed long before 1997. The authorities, including the police and political establishment were involved in cover-ups for decades. This is just another head of the same beast.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering this is the same council that removed children from foster caters because they were UKIP voters I think it's pretty clear where the problems emanated from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    What damage? It hardly needs to be said that "political correctness" does not mean ignoring the abuse of children, and it would be ludicrous to suggest that New Labour would think that it did.

Really? Because New Labour MP Denis MacShame says exactly that, here:

The Labour Party, in particular, is mired in shame over “cultural sensitivity” in Rotherham. Especially, cynics might point out, a sensitivity to the culture of Muslims whose votes they don’t want to lose. Denis MacShane, MP for Rotherham from 1994 to 2012, actually admitted to the BBC’s World At One that “there was a culture of not wanting to rock the multicultural community boat, if I may put it like that. Perhaps, yes, as a true Guardian reader and liberal Leftie, I suppose I didn’t want to raise that too hard.” Much better to hang on to your impeccable liberal credentials than save a few girls from being raped, eh, Denis?

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059138/Rotherham-In-the-face-of-such-evil-who-is-the-racist-now.html
    Forum Member
    Considering this is the same council that removed children from foster caters because they were UKIP voters I think it's pretty clear where the problems emanated from.

It's been established that the UKIP connection was not the reason for the removal of these children.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    It's been established that the UKIP connection was not the reason for the removal of these children.

Has it?

I recall that story and it seemed rather strange. What was the real reason the kids were removed? :confused:
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all the arrests?

Everyone must know who the perpetrators are - but the authorities are so bothered about covering their own arses that the sheer evil that was committed on these poor children goes totally unpunished.

And some bloke got 33 months in prison the other week for recording a film in a cinema.

This whole thing stinks.
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Has it?

I recall that story and it seemed rather strange. What was the real reason the kids were removed? :confused:

We may never know!

A council has apologised over its handling of a decision to remove three Eastern European children from foster parents who were members of UKIP. Rotherham Council said the removal of the children in November last year had been in their "best interests". However, the council accepted it gave the impression the decision was based solely on the parents' UKIP membership. UKIP membership would not prevent anyone from being considered as a foster carer, the council added ... No further details could be released about the case for legal reasons, the authority added.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-22604081
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We may never know!

A council has apologised over its handling of a decision to remove three Eastern European children from foster parents who were members of UKIP. Rotherham Council said the removal of the children in November last year had been in their "best interests". However, the council accepted it gave the impression the decision was based solely on the parents' UKIP membership. UKIP membership would not prevent anyone from being considered as a foster carer, the council added ... No further details could be released about the case for legal reasons, the authority added.
    48 hours after the news broke the chief executive went on several news programs defending the stance that the UKIP as being the reason for removal, and she received much criticism as she did this. Then we suddenly heard it was not the main reason after all, but they could not speak about the reason.

Doesn't ring true to me.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about things not "ringing true"
    Emma Jackson (not her real name) told police she was repeatedly raped from the age of 13.

However, she said the officers lost vital evidence she had handed in.

"These professionals have sat behind their desks, took their wages, known this was happening and done nothing about it. To me, that makes them as bad if not worse than the perpetrators," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28944154

This needs to be investigated straight away to confirm the allegation of lost evidence is true or not.

This isn't about police incompetence, because you don't just lose evidence of rape where it has to be specially protected and recorded at every step. It is about police deliberately destroying/losing evidence.

Perhaps the scales are falling from my eyes but could it be that "PC sensitivities " is simply a cover story?
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here is what Joyce Thacker the £130,000 per year Strategic Director of Children's Services at RMBC is reported to have said:

The couple's political affiliation meant they opposed multiculturalism and, as the children were from an ethnic minority, they were not appropriate carers.

Do you imagine she said this just to make you look foolish on a DS thread ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11060179/Rotherham-child-sex-scandal-cheifs-who-ignored-abuse-must-quit.html
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    We may never know!

Oh come on jj wake up, its obvious they were taken away because the foster parents voted ukip.
    The council only backtracked after it came to the attention of the media.
    But even then they still said "it wasn't solely because of ukip membership".
    The fact that this labour council thinks that foster parents supporting ukip are more of a danger to children than being repeatedly raped is absolutely mind boggling stuff.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Not read the whole thread but amazing when the BNP tried to get this highlighted in 2004 everyone mentioning it was called a racist and the media included, now look at whats happened.

The goverment, police and the media are all to blame for this cover up not just the council
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Not read the whole thread but amazing when the BNP tried to get this highlighted in 2004 everyone mentioning it was called a racist and the media included, now look at whats happened.

The goverment, police and the media are all to blame for this cover up not just the council

I think Jack Straw was the first major figure to publicly accept that it was going on. Even then it was met with little or no response to back him, and everyone else put their head under the table and hoped what he said would go away. IIRC the only response was a critical one - with people in the usual quarters almost accusing him of being a racist for bringing up the subject.
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    Oh come on jj wake up, its obvious they were taken away because the foster parents voted ukip.
    The council only backtracked after it came to the attention of the media.
    But even then they still said "it wasn't solely because of ukip membership".
    The fact that this labour council thinks that foster parents supporting ukip are more of a danger to children than being repeatedly raped is absolutely mind boggling stuff.

I'm sure they don't think that.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all the arrests?

Everyone must know who the perpetrators are - but the authorities are so bothered about covering their own arses that the sheer evil that was committed on these poor children goes totally unpunished.

And some bloke got 33 months in prison the other week for recording a film in a cinema.

This whole thing stinks.

They are in Pakistan. Well, that's where the ones I know about from Keighley went. And their parents facilitated them going to Pakistan.

I cannot say if the police in Bradford/Keighley are trying to extradite them but since they have been gone since 2002 I suspect not.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they don't think that.

It's either that or they put their dirty brand of politics before the welfare of children.
    There simply is no other explanation for the two different actions/inactions taken.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need brave people in positions of authority. People who are not afraid to question, challenge and become unpopular in the face of opposition. People who are not worried about losing face. People who are charismatic in getting others to work with them in the pursuit of justice, especially where situations are murky, uncomfortable and complex. People who are not susceptible to threats and bribes. Where are they? They exist but there are not enough of them or they don't get the support they need. I know that individuals with all these qualities are rare but there is strength in numbers.

Groups who have perpetrated these crimes against children have got away with it in confidence that they will be supported by their families and communities and in the knowledge that the police, social services and politicians are turning a blind eye. I know I'm stating the obvious but surely a collective effort is needed to show that intimidation, threats and fear of offending cultural sensitivities are not the priority when dealing with something as huge as this. I do also believe that the wider community could play a part in standing against it by persistently reporting any activity that they become aware of.