Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSN now reporting Welbeck deal agreed in principle.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    So, Welbeck may not be off to Arsenal then? Who Knows? I'm not his biggest fan and i think £16 Million would be a great bit of business but i wouldn't like us to improve one of our rivals and it is always sad when a product of the Youth team set up leaves the club.

Now SSN say it's 'agreed in principle'. However there's 'a lot of work still to be done'.

Hmmm.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    Now SSN say it's 'agreed in principle'. However there's 'a lot of work still to be done'.

Hmmm.

It could be dependent on us getting Falcao done in time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Falcao was at Carrington before 7 surely it should be done and dusted by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up with the Cleverley situation. Words cannot sum up how much I hate the c***.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member

I think that will be the case, obviously Falcao is a far better striker than Welbeck but if Welbeck can find his scoring touch he could be a good player for Arsenal but £16 Million is a brilliant piece of business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think so. It's the usual chain of transfers which seems to crop up.

To be honest I'd have kept hold of Welbeck. I'm not among his many detractors, and feel he still has something to offer as a backup player. Of course he may not be too happy about that and has perhaps helped this move along which is fair enough.

Considering he plays the position that Arsenal are weakest in, this isn't my cup of tea. For me we are strengthening a rival here - it could hypothetically make all the difference in the race for fourth.
    Forum Member
    Falcao was at Carrington before 7 surely it should be done and dusted by now.

Maybe Not look how long it took for the Blind deal to be confirmed, it took 3 days to officially complete the deal a few hours is nothing in comparison.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really have many worries about Welbeck going to Arsenal.

Even if he suddenly discovers how to be a regular goalscorer, he's never going to play in front of Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair bit of Wilson, from time to time.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross1874 wrote: »
    Anderson should just be released if no one comes in for him

The only thing getting released are the notches on his belt after another food face off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if he suddenly discovers how to be a regular goalscorer, he's never going to play in front of Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao.

From the little I've seen of Wilson he looks a decent prospect, although clearly remains way down the pecking order. Could be a nice option from the bench though.

Welbeck has the attribute of versatility on his side. Supposedly a striker, but he's been used in the hole and on both wings many a time. He covers a few bases, much like Blind will, and could have been a nice asset to have as backup - I obviously agree that he's not going to be challenging the fearsome threesome.
    Forum Member

That's true Jim, Welbeck is not in the same class as Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao but i don't like the idea of us improving our rivals.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson from time to time as i think he has the potential to be a brilliant striker for us, Wilson could be a great striker and player for us in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC say still no deal between Man Utd and Everton for Cleverley.

Another player I'd keep on the books, simply for the purposes of backup. We're still relatively light in midfield, and having Cleverley around is a decent reason not to play Anderson.

Clearly I don't have the bottle to be a manager! :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to miss Welbeck, he came all the way through the ranks, and made it to the very top, yes his goalscoring rate was not the best, but you could rely on him to work hard for the team, and create space for others to prosper.

Good luck at Arsenal Danny, I have no grudges to hold against him.

Ed has once again got a very good deal for one of our players.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a terrible cliche, but I'd keep Cleverley to rot in the reserves, for being a total utter dick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleverley deal is off. Looks like he'll be rotting in the reserves...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think so. It's the usual chain of transfers which seems to crop up.

To be honest I'd have kept hold of Welbeck. I'm not among his many detractors, and feel he still has something to offer as a backup player. Of course he may not be too happy about that and has perhaps helped this move along which is fair enough.

Considering he plays the position that Arsenal are weakest in, this isn't my cup of tea. For me we are strengthening a rival here - it could hypothetically make all the difference in the race for fourth.

Yup chain deals are not really ideal at this time of the night, but they do tend to crop up, it is just something that we will have to manage as well as we can.

I know what you mean about helping a direct rival out, but if we kept Welbeck, how much game time realistically would he get?
    I think that it would be very harsh indeed to stop someone from wanting to play more often elsewhere.

The conditions here are best for everyone involved, Welbeck as he gets to go to another top club and gets to play more games (seemingly), and we get a very good fee for his services.
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    It's a terrible cliche, but I'd keep Cleverley to rot in the reserves, for being a total utter dick.

Might have to be the case Everton official's have told Sky Sports that there will be no deal today for Tom Cleverley, we will probably never get rid of him and Anderson:o>:(
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member

Agreed- he's a total twunt. Although, having said that- I don't think he'd be bothered... Clearly it's money that motivates him, not playing first team football week in, week out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleverley deal is off. Looks like he'll be rotting in the reserves...

Well after selling Lawrence and loaning out Powell (both of which I think have gone through) to Leicester, our Under 21 side could do with another midfielder. ;-)
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LVG won't even put him on the bench now unless he really has to. Blind, Fletcher, Carrick, Fellaini and Herrera all ahead of him.

He's just wasted a season for being a greedy c**t.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it was the fact Everton wanted loan deal but United wanted to sell.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Manchester United tried to sell him at least, clearly he has no ambition when it comes to actually getting games.
    Forum Member
    Apparently we might put in a request to the Premier League to be allowed an extra hour to sign Falcao, so we might have to wait a bit longer for the deal to be signed, sealed and delivered. Not sure i agree with it mind if there is a deadline that has been set all summer and you miss the cut off point then that should be it.
  • Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are we taking so long to confirm this Falcao deal? Dramatic effect or...?
This discussion has been closed.